Absorb your enemies in Ubisoft’s new multiplayer shooter Atomega
Let the laser beams fly in this fast-paced arena shooter.
Ubisoft Reflections, the studio behind the adorable Grow Home and Grow Up 3D platformers, has today revealed its latest project, and it's quite a departure from the developer's previous games.
Atomega is a multiplayer shooter with a neat twist: you start off as a weak ball of light and have to surf around the arena collecting polygonal blocks to bulk up into fighting form. Or, more accurately, forms since you'll have access to eight different "Exoforms" of varying shapes and size, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.
The swift first-person shooter will pit eight players against each other in ten-minute rounds and will be hitting the PC in a little over a week on 19 September.
In other shooter news, Overwatch recently received a new comic detailing Junkrat and Roadhog's origins, and we've spent a lot of time playing Destiny 2.
- Hands-on with Shadow of War: The Terminator 2 of sequels
- The Evil Within 2 Nightmare Mode hands-On: Not toning it down
- Super Mario Odyssey hands-on: Sun’s out, guns out
- European Commission study finds no link between piracy and lower sales of digital content
- TheGamer.TV takes a curated approach to the best gaming videos on the Internet