Drive with Uber
Everything you need to know about Uber Momentum
Momentum: The new Uber Partner reward program.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Momentum is the new reward program for Uber drivers, rewarding you with points for every trip taken. These points can be used for a wide range of exceptionally useful discounts, from cheaper fuel to discounted tax help to simply getting bonuses gifted straight into your bank account.
Depending on how much you drive, and some other factors, you achieve different Uber Partner Reward levels:
- Bronze - 1 to 59 points per month
- Silver - 60 to 199 points per month, or 1-199 points per month for UberBLACK drivers
- Gold - 200 to 499 points per month
- Platinum - 500+ points per month, with a minimum 4.7 lifetime average rating
How to get your Momentum Reward Card
Simply take your first trip as an Uber Partner. The card is kept on your phone, and it's all done automatically through the Uber Partner app. A card will be given to you, and points are automatically added.
if you want to check your status, or whenever you need to flash your card for a discount or any other reason, you can simply open the Partner app and find your Momentum Rewards Card from the Home tab.
How to earn Uber Momentum points
Points are earned for every trip taken. You earn 1 point for off-peak trips, and 1.5 points for every peak time trip.
You will earn the same amount of points regardless of how long each journey is.
How many Momentum points do I earn?
|Time of day||Mon||Tue||Wed||Thu||Fri||Sat & Sun|
|Midnight to 4.59am||1||1||1||1||1.5||1.5|
|5am to 8.59 am||1.5||1.5||1.5||1.5||1.5||1.5|
|9am to 5.59pm||1||1||1||1||1.5||1.5|
|5pm to 11.59pm||1.5||1.5||1.5||1.5||1.5||1.5|
You qualify as a Bronze Momentum Partner simply by making one trip per month, or as a Silver Momentum Partner by making a single trip as an UberBLACK service, but need to earn 500 points in a month and maintain a high rating to qualify as a Platinum Momentum Partner.
The number of points you earn in a month will determine your rank for the next month.
What can I use Momentum points for?
Every level, from Bronze to Platinum, unlocks more rewards. Best of all, you don't have to spend points to get the benefits. Instead, simply holding a rank means you'll get the benefits.
The two kinds of rewards are:
- Australia-wide. Important discounts, freebies and extras from big Australian brand names.
- Local. Discounts, rewards and other bonuses at your local eateries, automotive service centres and many more.
In both cases they can vary depending on your level. Note that they're subject to change over time, and certain terms and conditions might apply. Some Uber Australia-wide discounts, available at any level, include:
- Caltex: 4c per litre fuel discount, or 8c per litre discount for Platinum Partners.
- Optus: Special plans for Uber partners only
- Airtax and H&R Block: Automatically complete your BAS with rideshare driving income simply by linking your Uber account with Airtax, and get discounts on a range of bookkeeping and accounting services
- Westpac: A $100 bonus for passing $2,000 in Uber earnings
- Automotive services: Discounts on car washes, repairs, roadside assistance membership and plenty of other automotive services
- Health and lifestyle: Gym membership discounts, free customised programs and others
Want to get started?
High-level Momentum Rewards
You can access larger discounts or additional extras on the same services by moving up the ranks. All Momentum members can get additional benefits, such as extra support from Uber and complimentary hands-free holders, but at higher levels in particular you can start getting more advantages, such as:
- Partner hand-outs - Silver and above: Freebies from Uber partners, like snacks or drinks, to offer your riders as complimentary extras
- Priority Entry - Gold and above: Skip the queue by showing your Momentum card at Uber Greenlight Hubs.
- Phone Support and Partner Input - Platinum members: Request callbacks from Uber Greenlight instead of going in, and get more involved by inputting into new Uber app changes.
How to start using Momentum
Simply make a trip, and next month you'll be at least a Bronze partner.
Frequently asked questions about Uber Momentum
More guides on Finder
Car loan repayment calculator
Need help calculating how much your monthly, weekly or fortnightly car loan repayments will be? Our car loan repayment calculator will help you get an idea to help you budget.
Stratton Finance Used Car Loan
A used car loan with high borrowing amounts and both secured and unsecured options.
CarClarity Car Loan
Find the best car loan for your circumstances with CarClarity. Rates start from just 3.35% p.a. and borrowers can apply for loans from $10,000 to $250,000 for new and used cars.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan
If you’re in the market for a new car, the Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan may be able to give you the funds you need. With the security of a fixed rate and flexible repayments, this loan might be what you need to own your new set of wheels.
Car loan statistics 2021
Finder research shows 2.7 million Australians have a car loan. Find out how much Aussies are borrowing, and how this has changed over time.
Alex Car Loan
Opt for an Alex car loan and receive a personalised interest rate from 6.95% to 19.99%. Alex's car loans have no ongoing fees and are available from $2,100 to $30,000.
Toyota RAV4 car loans
Compare car loans and discover prices and specs of the Toyota RAV4.
Stratton Finance caravan loan review
Apply for a caravan loan with finance broker Stratton Finance and receive an interest rate from 5.49% p.a.
Stratton Finance boat loan review
Stratton Finance's boat loans range from $10,000 to $200,000 with rates from 5.99% p.a. Secured and unsecured options available.
OurMoneyMarket Car Loan
Get a loan for a new or used vehicle from $2,001 to $75,000. Rates start at just 5.35% p.a. and loan terms vary from 1 to 7 years.
Car Loan OffersImportant Information*
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.88% p.a.
A low minimum borrowing amount of $2,000 that you can use to purchase a new car or one up to two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.69% p.a.
Take advantage of a competitive rate, pre-approval and no early repayment fees when you finance a car under two years old.
You'll receive a fixed rate from 4.99% p.a.
A larger loan of $5,000 or more to help you buy a new or used car. 5-hour pre approval available and no ongoing fees.
You'll receive a fixed rate of 4.99% p.a.
Purchase a new or used car up to 2 years old and benefit from a fixed rate and no monthly fees. Pre-approval available within 5 business hours.
Ask an Expert