Get on the road and earn money faster in Townsville thanks to partnerships available through Uber.
Uber’s rental service offers a wide variety of vehicles to choose from, including both new and featured vehicles from brands you know and trust, such as Kia, Toyota and many more. Due to the variety of providers that want to help you get on the road faster in Townsville and earn money through Uber, there’s a few to choose from! Read on to discover how renting an Uber vehicle in Townsville works, as well as fees that are associated with the process of renting a vehicle through one of the lenders.
How does renting an Uber vehicle in Townsville work?
Thanks to a variety of partnerships that allow you to rent a vehicle of your choosing, it’s easier than ever to get on the road and start earning with Uber in Townsville. Simply choose the vehicle that meets your needs, select your rental option and pay the deposit. You have to be a registered driver with Uber to benefit from these deals, but signing up is a simple process that isn’t too time consuming. Once that is done, you can get on the road with ease.
The weekly fee that you pay covers different costs depending on the rental provider but can include insurance and even petrol discounts.
Compare uber car rental options in Townsville
What are the benefits of renting a vehicle to drive for Uber in Townsville?
Features of Uber in Townsville include:
- Access to a variety of rental providers. With the choice of Hertz, Easicar, Rideshare Solutions, Atlas Car Rental and many more, you can find the rental provider that offers you the features you’re looking for which meets your budgeting needs.
- Varied minimum terms. Depending on the lender you opt for, there are varied minimum and maximum terms to choose from. Some lenders offer three days whereas others have a minimum term of seven days; others have longer minimum terms of 28 days. Just choose the one that suits your needs.
- Upfront fees. With the fees right in front of your eyes, it’s very easy to know what you’re getting into with Uber and its rideshare options.
- Option of unlimited or limited kilometres. If you know you’re not going to be doing a lot of driving, most lenders have the option to choose between unlimited or limited kilometres which can help you make a decision.
- Insurance is covered in the fees. You’ll no longer have to worry about comprehensive car insurance as that is covered in your weekly fee. Just worry about paying the excess that is outlined in your contact when signing.
- Switch between personal and Uber use. Some lenders offer the option to rent cars to be used on a personal basis as well as being able to drive with Uber.
What are the costs to consider?
Each provider will offer a different fee structure. For example, if you choose to rent a car with Hertz, you can expect to pay:
- A deposit term fee of $600
- A vehicle price which is dependent on the type of vehicle you’ve chosen
- Cost of fuel
- A kilometre rate of 0.15 if you go over your limited kilometres
- An excess rate if you get into an accident
These fees are something to consider if you want to rent a vehicle with Uber.
How to sign up to rent an Uber vehicle
How to go about renting a car depends on the lender you choose to go with. Some lenders do not require a form to be filled in, others do. Here are the eligibility requirements you need to meet for the lenders that do need you to fill out a form:
- Have an Australian driver's licence that is valid
- Be a registered driver with Uber
- Be at least 18 years old; however, this may vary depending on the lender
- Be able to financially meet your obligations with this lender
- Know what time you’re going to pick up and drop off the vehicle
Some of the documents you need to supply include:
- Your driver’s licence with your current address
Image: Shutterstock / Jirapong Manustrong