Uber Car Rental Sunshine Coast
Discover the benefits of driving for Uber in a rental car on the Sunshine Coast.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If choosing your own hours and being able to set your own rates sounds like your kind of job, you should look into driving for Uber in your own rental car around the Sunshine Coast. You are able to rent a car from a variety of lenders and easily be able to get on the road in your car for Uber.
This is ideal for those who don’t wish to use their own personal car or want to earn with Uber but don’t know where to start. Renting a vehicle can be tricky, so read on to learn more about what you need to know.
How does renting an Uber vehicle in Sunshine Coast work?
Renting a vehicle through a rental service is straightforward. Simply choose the provider you want and pick the vehicle you’d like to drive. Ensure you can make the weekly payments and you’ll be on the road in no time.
Some lenders have insurance covered in their fee whereas others, such as Splend, offer a membership where you benefit from low cost car washes and fuel discounts. Lenders, such as Hertz allow you to use the vehicle for personal use as well as driving for Uber. How handy!
Uber car rental options to consider
What are the benefits of renting a vehicle to drive for Uber in Sunshine Coast?
Some of the features that are available while renting a car for Uber include:
- Access to a range of vehicles. If you’ve had your eye on a vehicle for a while, but didn’t think it was in the stars this year for you to own and drive it, think again. If your chosen rental provider offers the car, there’s nothing stopping you from driving around in it. There’s a range of cars available, from small cars to people movers and each have their own benefits. Smaller cars allow you to zip around in the city whereas larger cars have the room to do airport drop-offs and cater for larger groups.
- Variety of contract terms available. You’ll have to do your research on this one, as some lenders have a minimum of four weeks whereas others offer terms from as little as two weeks.
- Personal use. You are able to use the car for personal use as well as driving for Uber.
- Upfront cost. Many lenders are upfront about the costs and fees associated with their car. This is ideal for you, as there are likely to be no hidden fees as you continue to use the vehicle.
- Rental rate includes benefits. By this, we mean that some lenders, such as Hertz include the cost of insurance, access to roadside assistance and the cost of registration in their weekly price.
- Kilometre allowance. Lenders have a generous kilometre allowance that varies across the board. Europcar has a 1,500km per week allowance whereas others offer unlimited kilometres per week. This means that you can drive as far as you want!
What are the costs to consider?
Some of the typical costs to consider when renting a vehicle include:
- The weekly fee. Lenders charge a weekly fee that can cover other costs, so ensure that you’re able to afford this before taking out a rental vehicle.
- Fuel. The price of fuel is yours alone and the cost will vary per week.
- Servicing and repairs. As you don’t own the car, any wear and tear that’s done while you’re renting it falls on you to pay.
- Excess of insurance. If you get into an accident, you have to pay the excess.
- Registration and insurance. You have to pay to drive on the road. This is the cost of registration. There is also the cost of insurance, which can be higher if you’re under 25.
- Fees and charges. Some lenders charge a rate if you return the vehicle with an empty tank. Others charge a cleaning fee if rubbish is found upon returning the vehicle. Keep an eye on these charges so you know what to avoid.
How to sign up to rent an Uber?
The eligibility requirements vary from lender to lender, but here is a basic overview:
- Be over the age of 18. Check what age requirements your lender has, as Splend won’t even look at you unless you’re over 25 whereas Hertz is more lenient with an 18 age rate.
- Have an Australian driver’s licence. This is important, as you won’t be able to rent a car without a driver’s licence.
- Know your dates. You should have a timeline as to when you want to rent the vehicle and therefore know what dates you wish to rent the vehicle.
Some documents you might need to provide include:
- Your driver’s history. This can be given to you by your state or territory driving body. You simply request it and they’ll send it through.
- A photocopy of your licence. This is just so they have it for their records.
Get into the rental vehicle of your dreams! Compare other rental services before making a final decision and don’t be afraid to shop around for the lender that suits your needs.
More guides on Finder
Best caravan parks on the Sunshine Coast
Discover more than just idyllic beaches and untouched national parks along the Sunshine Coast.
Fast and furious: 73% of Aussies have fallen victim to a road rage incident
Engines aren’t the only thing overheating on the roads this summer – our tempers are too, according to new research by Finder, Australia’s most visited comparison site.
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
Upcoming hybrid and electric car comparison
Compare soon-to-launch electric and hybrid cars.
Campervan hire on the Sunshine Coast | Where to book, what to know
Encounter wildlife, regional treats and sandy shores with your caravan hire on the Sunshine Coast.
Campervan hire in Cairns | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore Tropical North Queensland with our guide to campervan hire in Cairns.
Campervan relocations in Australia | Where to book, what to know
Discover great destinations for campervan relocations for your adventure across Australia.
Campervan hire in Darwin | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore the Top End with our guide to campervan hire in Darwin.
Best caravan parks in Robe, South Australia
Ensure a good night’s sleep after a day exploring the Limestone Coast.
Campervan hire in Hobart | Where to book, what to know
Make the most of the great outdoors by comparing your options and the latest deals for campervan hire in Hobart.
Ask an Expert