Drive with Uber
Uber Car Rental Sunshine Coast
Discover the benefits of driving for Uber in a rental car on the Sunshine Coast.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
If choosing your own hours and being able to set your own rates sounds like your kind of job, you should look into driving for Uber in your own rental car around the Sunshine Coast. You are able to rent a car from a variety of lenders and easily be able to get on the road in your car for Uber.
This is ideal for those who don’t wish to use their own personal car or want to earn with Uber but don’t know where to start. Renting a vehicle can be tricky, so read on to learn more about what you need to know.
How does renting an Uber vehicle in Sunshine Coast work?
Renting a vehicle through a rental service is straightforward. Simply choose the provider you want and pick the vehicle you’d like to drive. Ensure you can make the weekly payments and you’ll be on the road in no time.
Some lenders have insurance covered in their fee whereas others, such as Splend, offer a membership where you benefit from low cost car washes and fuel discounts. Lenders, such as Hertz allow you to use the vehicle for personal use as well as driving for Uber. How handy!
Uber car rental options to consider
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What are the benefits of renting a vehicle to drive for Uber in Sunshine Coast?
Some of the features that are available while renting a car for Uber include:
- Access to a range of vehicles. If you’ve had your eye on a vehicle for a while, but didn’t think it was in the stars this year for you to own and drive it, think again. If your chosen rental provider offers the car, there’s nothing stopping you from driving around in it. There’s a range of cars available, from small cars to people movers and each have their own benefits. Smaller cars allow you to zip around in the city whereas larger cars have the room to do airport drop-offs and cater for larger groups.
- Variety of contract terms available. You’ll have to do your research on this one, as some lenders have a minimum of four weeks whereas others offer terms from as little as two weeks.
- Personal use. You are able to use the car for personal use as well as driving for Uber.
- Upfront cost. Many lenders are upfront about the costs and fees associated with their car. This is ideal for you, as there are likely to be no hidden fees as you continue to use the vehicle.
- Rental rate includes benefits. By this, we mean that some lenders, such as Hertz include the cost of insurance, access to roadside assistance and the cost of registration in their weekly price.
- Kilometre allowance. Lenders have a generous kilometre allowance that varies across the board. Europcar has a 1,500km per week allowance whereas others offer unlimited kilometres per week. This means that you can drive as far as you want!
What are the costs to consider?
Some of the typical costs to consider when renting a vehicle include:
- The weekly fee. Lenders charge a weekly fee that can cover other costs, so ensure that you’re able to afford this before taking out a rental vehicle.
- Fuel. The price of fuel is yours alone and the cost will vary per week.
- Servicing and repairs. As you don’t own the car, any wear and tear that’s done while you’re renting it falls on you to pay.
- Excess of insurance. If you get into an accident, you have to pay the excess.
- Registration and insurance. You have to pay to drive on the road. This is the cost of registration. There is also the cost of insurance, which can be higher if you’re under 25.
- Fees and charges. Some lenders charge a rate if you return the vehicle with an empty tank. Others charge a cleaning fee if rubbish is found upon returning the vehicle. Keep an eye on these charges so you know what to avoid.
How to sign up to rent an Uber?
The eligibility requirements vary from lender to lender, but here is a basic overview:
- Be over the age of 18. Check what age requirements your lender has, as Splend won’t even look at you unless you’re over 25 whereas Hertz is more lenient with an 18 age rate.
- Have an Australian driver’s licence. This is important, as you won’t be able to rent a car without a driver’s licence.
- Know your dates. You should have a timeline as to when you want to rent the vehicle and therefore know what dates you wish to rent the vehicle.
Some documents you might need to provide include:
- Your driver’s history. This can be given to you by your state or territory driving body. You simply request it and they’ll send it through.
- A photocopy of your licence. This is just so they have it for their records.
Get into the rental vehicle of your dreams! Compare other rental services before making a final decision and don’t be afraid to shop around for the lender that suits your needs.
More guides on Finder
Point-to-point frustration: Why it can be very difficult to get a refund for an outrageous taxi fare in Australia
If you are overcharged by a taxi in Australia, chasing a refund is hard work. Here's why the industry needs to change if it is to survive.
DiDi vs Uber: Comparison for drivers
Find out how ridesharing app DiDi compares to Uber for drivers in this guide.
How rideshare is keeping you safe during the coronavirus pandemic
If you're avoiding public transport these rideshares have implemented health-conscious policies to reduce the spread of coronavirus. Here's what they are.
Rideshare coupons that will save you up to $20 in Australia
Get up to 50% off rideshare across Australia with our exclusive deals for Ola, DiDi and more.
Ola Adelaide: Everything you need to know about your bookings
Your one-stop shop for getting a ride with Ola in Adelaide.
Ola Sydney: Your complete rates guide to Ola rideshare
Your complete guide to Ola rideshare in Sydney.
Ola Melbourne: A complete price breakdown of your ride
Here’s your complete guide to Ola in Melbourne.
Ola Brisbane: From promo codes, airport rates and car types
Your complete Brisbane Ola guide.
Ola Perth: How to get around the city
A complete guide to getting around Perth with Ola.
DiDi Sydney: Your guide to rideshare in the city
Get around the city quicker with this guide on using ridesharing app DiDi in Sydney, complete with the latest promo codes and FAQs.
Ask an Expert