Take advantage of an Uber-ready vehicle and zoom around Geelong earning money as you go.
When you drive for Uber using a rental vehicle, you can benefit from the range of services that are offered through rental rideshare companies. This includes features such as a dedicated account representative who is invested in your Uber journey and wants to make you a profit, and giving you access to the range of cars the rental company has available. Many rideshare companies offer a range of vehicles, such as Kia, Suzuki, Hyundai, Toyota and Mazda. It’s up to you to choose which one you want to earn for Uber in.
How does renting an Uber vehicle in Geelong work?
There is a variety of lenders to choose from, such as Hertz and Splend. Prices are usually offered weekly and reflect any advantages you receive from the lender. For example, some lenders offer to cover the cost of insurance in their weekly price whereas others offer an unlimited kilometre limit so you can drive as far as you please. When you choose your provider, choose your ideal car and book the dates.
Compare uber car rental options in Geelong
What are the benefits of renting a vehicle to drive for Uber in Geelong?
Some of the benefits that come with renting a vehicle include:
- No lock-in contracts. Some lenders, such as Splend and Hertz, offer no lock-in contracts so you can easily break the contract if you’re unhappy with your car. Considering that your car is where you’re going to spend most of your time, it’s important you enjoy it.
- Access to a wide range of vehicles. Many lenders have access to a wide range of vehicles. This includes small cars, SUVs and people movers. Each car has a range of benefits, but if you know you’re going to be parking in the city, maybe a larger car isn’t an ideal choice.
- Upfront fee structure. Knowing what costs are involved while renting will sway your vote one way or the other. Transparent costs that are laid out in the rental agreement are ideal, which is what’s offered through Splend, Europcar and Hertz.
- No joining fees. Some rental companies will waive the joining fee if you book longer than a certain period of time. This is the case with Hertz, which will waive the joining fees if you rent a vehicle for more than three days. Europcar offers the same, except its minimum term is four weeks.
What are the costs to consider?
Some costs you need to be aware of when renting an Uber are:
- The cost of fuel and servicing. The cost of servicing or general wear and tear to the vehicle is yours to cover as you are using the vehicle.
- Fees and charges. As you are using a service, there will be fees and charges that you must keep an eye on. For example, if you return the rental car within the minimum time with Hertz, you will be charged a $1,100 fee. If you return the car with a half-empty tank, you will be charged a fee.
How to sign up to rent an Uber
Signing up for an Uber-ready vehicle is easy. Simply click on “Go to Site” and ensure you meet the following requirements:
- The age requirements. Some lenders, such as Splend, require you to be over the age of 25 before getting an Uber-ready vehicle.
- Driver’s licence requirements. Europcar requires you to have held an Australian unrestricted driver’s licence for more than 12 months. Splend requires you to have a driver’s licence that is Australian and valid. Check what is needed with your provider and whether there are any restrictions on your driver’s licence that could stop you from applying.
Some documents you may need to provide include:
- Photocopy of your driver’s licence.
- Proof that you’ve never had a criminal record. This is required by Splend.
- A credit card. This is so you can pay for the rental vehicle.
There is a range of lenders to choose from when considering a rental rideshare service. Compare others before making a final decision and earn with Uber easily.