Drive with Uber
Uber car rental Byron Bay
Hire an Uber-ready rental vehicle and earn with Uber in Byron Bay.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
When you drive for Uber using a rental vehicle, you don’t need to worry about using your own car for work purposes. You can simply rent one through a rental service and have a variety of costs, such as car insurance and the cost of registration, taken care of for you. You can also enjoy the flexibility of choosing your own hours since you can drive for Uber at any time on any day of the year. If Uber is sounding more appealing to you by the minute, especially because you know there’s a gap in the market in Byron Bay, read on to find out how you can turn this into a reality.
Uber car rental options to compare
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
How does renting an Uber vehicle in Byron Bay work?
There are a variety of lenders, such as Hertz and Splend, to choose from and comparing the prices and advantages that you get with each lender is a good place to start. Once you’ve decided on a lender, choose your ideal vehicle. Each lender should give you access to a range of rental vehicles, such as small cars or people movers. Once you’ve decided on the loan terms and figured out the costs, you’ll be on your way in no time. Some lenders allow you to use the vehicle for personal use whereas others cover the cost of insurance in the price, so make sure you pick the options that are important to you.
What are the benefits of renting a vehicle to drive for Uber in Byron Bay?
The following are some of the benefits that come with renting an Uber-ready vehicle:
- An easy booking process. Many lenders will make it as easy as possible to rent your work car from them. It’s as simple as choosing your location, choosing your ideal vehicle and booking the car for the dates you need.
- Roadside assistance. If you’re worried about your car breaking down, many lenders offer roadside assistance 24/7.
- Access to a wide range of vehicles. Many lenders have access to small cars, SUVs and people movers. If you know you’re in the CBD and parking is tough, a small car is ideal for you. If you live near the airport and want to take advantage of people who need a ride, you’re going to need the space of a people mover for all the luggage.
- Personal use. This varies between lenders, but you should be able to use the vehicle for personal use. This means that you don’t have to switch cars or catch public transport.
- No-lock-in contracts. Lenders, such as Splend and Hertz, know that you could have your heart set on a car, but until you drive it, you have no idea what it’s like. That’s why they offer no-lock-in contracts, so you can easily return your vehicle and get one you do like. As long as you return it within two weeks following the minimum rental period, you’ll be sweet.
What are the costs to consider?
The following are some costs you need to be aware of when driving for Uber:
- The cost of fuel and servicing. This cost isn’t covered by any rental service, although some might offer fuel discounts since you are using their service. You will need to cover the cost of servicing as well as general wear and tear to the vehicle.
- Weekly vehicle fee. The rideshare rental service will charge you a weekly fee, so ensure you can cover this cost.
- Tolls. You are required to cover any tolls on roads you drive on.
- A kilometre limit. Some rental rideshare services offer unlimited kilometres, whereas others have a 1,500 kilometre limit. If you go over your limit, the rental service will charge you a fee, which varies from lender to lender.
- Fees and charges. Make sure you know about any other fees that may apply. For example, Hertz will charge you a $1,100 fee if you return the rental car before the end of the minimum rental period. If you return the car with a half-empty tank, the company will also charge a fee.
How to rent a vehicle for Uber?
Signing up for an Uber-ready vehicle is easy. Simply click on “Go to Site” and ensure you meet the following requirements:
- Age requirement. Some lenders, such as Hertz, require you to be over the age of 18 before getting an Uber-ready vehicle. Other lenders, such as Splend, require you to be over the age of 25. Ensure that you meet the age requirements before applying.
- Financial requirement. All lenders have a different price, as well as other fees, that they will charge you for using their services. Make sure you can afford the weekly cost as well as the cost of fuel and the insurance excess.
- Location requirement. Some lenders, such as Splend, require that you live within a 30km radius of the CBD, so check whether you meet the requirements before applying.
You may need to provide the following documents:
- Photocopy of your driver’s licence.
- Proof that you have a good driving record. You can obtain this through your state’s or territory’s driving body.
- A credit card.
There are a number of lenders to choose from, so make sure you compare rideshare rental services before making a final decision, and ensure you choose one that meets your financial needs.
More guides on Finder
Business loans for Centrelink recipients
Centrelink might block your business idea from taking off, but a variety of finance options including government schemes can help your business succeed.
Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan
If you’re in the market for a new car, the Great Southern Bank Fixed Rate Car Loan may be able to give you the funds you need. With the security of a fixed rate and flexible repayments, this loan might be what you need to own your new set of wheels.
Business car loans
If you're after a business car, compare your vehicle finance and car loan options and get your business on the road.
The expenses preventing Aussie households from saving
Food, utility bills and eating out are the top expenses preventing Australians from building wealth. Find out how to boost your income and cut your expenses.
How to start an online clothing rental business
Ready to start your online clothing rental business? Here are the most important steps to take.
Low deposit home loans
You may be able to get a low deposit home loan with just 5% cash deposit. Here's the lenders who are more likely to lend you a 95% loan.
How to find the best car storage facility to keep your set of wheels safe and secure.
How to start a painting business
Learn the key steps to take when setting up your own painting business.
How to start a home cooking business
Follow this ultimate recipe for how to start your cooking business.
How to start a mechanic business
Learn how you can get started on your journey to running a profitable mechanic company.
Ask an Expert