Drive with Uber
Uber car rental in Adelaide
Get on the road faster and earn with Uber thanks to vehicle rental services available in Adelaide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
So, you’ve seen the advertisements for Uber and figured that it’d be a good way to earn some extra money. There’s just one problem: you don’t own a car. Or, you have a car but it doesn’t meet Uber’s eligibility requirements.
That’s where Uber car rental agreements in Adelaide comes in handy. You select a car that meets your needs from a list of rental vehicle providers and start earning with Uber. The rental fee that you pay for the vehicle includes comprehensive car insurance, so that’s one additional cost you don’t need to worry about.
Read on to discover more benefits.
How does renting an Uber vehicle in Adelaide work?
Renting an Uber vehicle in Adelaide is a simple process. Compare the Uber rental providers that are available, such as Hertz or Splend and compare prices to meet your budget. The next step is finding a vehicle that you feel comfortable driving in and accommodates passengers.
Some rental providers allow you to use the car for personal use as well, which allows you to get away for the weekend to spend all the money you’ve earned through Uber! Many rental providers have a variety of cars to choose from which puts you back in control.
What are the benefits of renting a vehicle to drive for Uber in Adelaide?
Some of the features with renting a car for Uber in Adelaide include:
- Upfront fees. Most car rental providers will be upfront about the fees that are associated with the vehicle so you are informed about everything that you will be paying for before signing a contract.
- No lock-in contracts. Some rental providers only need you to provide the dates you need your vehicle for, which allows you to not worry about signing a contract.
- Numerous vehicle choices. With a variety of vehicles to choose from, which sometimes include new vehicles, you are in control with what car you drive around while picking up customers and making small talk. Feel like a small car? Check and see if your preferred rental vehicle provider has what you need before making a decision.
- Unlimited or limited kilometres. Some rental vehicle providers offer either unlimited or limited kilometre options. The unlimited kilometre option allows you to run up as many kilometres as you want whereas the limited kilometres option has a mileage cap, with a fee charged per kilometre you exceed the limit. The limited kilometre option is cheaper, so this is something to consider if your budget is tight.
- 24/7 roadside assistance. Some rental vehicle providers offer 24/7 roadside assistance which offers peace of mind if you break down in an unfamiliar area.
Compare Uber vehicle rental providers in Adelaide
We update our data regularly, but information can change between updates. Confirm details with the provider you're interested in before making a decision.
What are the costs to consider?
Some of the fees you can expect to pay while renting a vehicle to drive with Uber include:
- A weekly or monthly rental fee. This is a fee that you’ve agreed to at the start of the contract and this fee includes comprehensive car insurance.
- Vehicle excess. If you get into a car accident with the rental vehicle, you are required to pay an excess which will be outlined in your contract.
- Late fees. There are a variety of fees you can expect to pay, which includes late fees. These should be outlined to you in your contract so ensure that you read carefully!
How do I sign up to rent an Uber?
Some eligibility requirements you need to meet include:
- Be a registered driver with Uber.If you are not a registered driver with Uber, you won’t be able to benefit from some of the offers that rental vehicle services offer.
- Possess a registered Australian driver’s licence.
- Know the dates you need the vehicle. Some rental services offer both short- and long-term options, so it’s best to know for how long you will be driving the vehicle.
- Be over the age of 18 or 21. Some rental vehicle services have different age requirements, so check this out before you decide on a provider.
Some documents you need to provide include:
- A photocopy of your driver’s licence.
- Your passport. This is just so the rental service has proof you are who you say you are!
Get on the road faster with a rental vehicle and start earning money on Uber. However, it’s important to compare rideshare rental services and ensure you find the one that fits your needs.
More guides on Finder
Which country has the best police cars?
Police cars – love or hate them, these are the best-looking ones from across the globe
First Home Buyer’s e-Course Module 8
Moving day is never going to be completely stress-free, but with our expert guide, we can make it as smooth sailing as possible.
Hyundai IONIQ 2021 review: A fully electric hatchback
The future is here for the hatchback, but is the fully electric Hyundai IONIQ as enjoyable to drive as it is efficient?
East Coast Car Rentals promo codes for September 2021
When looking for a deal on car hire across Australia and New Zealand, look no further than East Coast Car Rentals.
Business loans for Centrelink recipients
Centrelink might block your business idea from taking off, but a variety of finance options including government schemes can help your business succeed.
The 5 best Flight Centre EOFY travel deals
A tax return isn't the only thing you have to look forward to this end of financial year.
Working from home: What can I claim on tax?
Working from home due to coronavirus and want to know what you can claim on tax? Here's how to claim your home office and other household expenses as a tax deduction this year.
Kangaroo Island: 10 essential tips when travelling with kids
No trip to South Australia is complete without a visit to Kangaroo Island, but for families travelling with kids, you need to be prepared.
Business car loans
If you're after a business car, compare your vehicle finance and car loan options and get your business on the road.
Crowne Plaza Adelaide hotel review
Is the Crowne Plaza Adelaide a good place to stay? Find out in Finder's review.
Ask an Expert