Uber car rental in Adelaide
Get on the road faster and earn with Uber thanks to vehicle rental services available in Adelaide.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
So, you’ve seen the advertisements for Uber and figured that it’d be a good way to earn some extra money. There’s just one problem: you don’t own a car. Or, you have a car but it doesn’t meet Uber’s eligibility requirements.
That’s where Uber car rental agreements in Adelaide comes in handy. You select a car that meets your needs from a list of rental vehicle providers and start earning with Uber. The rental fee that you pay for the vehicle includes comprehensive car insurance, so that’s one additional cost you don’t need to worry about.
Read on to discover more benefits.
How does renting an Uber vehicle in Adelaide work?
Renting an Uber vehicle in Adelaide is a simple process. Compare the Uber rental providers that are available, such as Hertz or Splend and compare prices to meet your budget. The next step is finding a vehicle that you feel comfortable driving in and accommodates passengers.
Some rental providers allow you to use the car for personal use as well, which allows you to get away for the weekend to spend all the money you’ve earned through Uber! Many rental providers have a variety of cars to choose from which puts you back in control.
What are the benefits of renting a vehicle to drive for Uber in Adelaide?
Some of the features with renting a car for Uber in Adelaide include:
- Upfront fees. Most car rental providers will be upfront about the fees that are associated with the vehicle so you are informed about everything that you will be paying for before signing a contract.
- No lock-in contracts. Some rental providers only need you to provide the dates you need your vehicle for, which allows you to not worry about signing a contract.
- Numerous vehicle choices. With a variety of vehicles to choose from, which sometimes include new vehicles, you are in control with what car you drive around while picking up customers and making small talk. Feel like a small car? Check and see if your preferred rental vehicle provider has what you need before making a decision.
- Unlimited or limited kilometres. Some rental vehicle providers offer either unlimited or limited kilometre options. The unlimited kilometre option allows you to run up as many kilometres as you want whereas the limited kilometres option has a mileage cap, with a fee charged per kilometre you exceed the limit. The limited kilometre option is cheaper, so this is something to consider if your budget is tight.
- 24/7 roadside assistance. Some rental vehicle providers offer 24/7 roadside assistance which offers peace of mind if you break down in an unfamiliar area.
Compare Uber vehicle rental providers in Adelaide
What are the costs to consider?
Some of the fees you can expect to pay while renting a vehicle to drive with Uber include:
- A weekly or monthly rental fee. This is a fee that you’ve agreed to at the start of the contract and this fee includes comprehensive car insurance.
- Vehicle excess. If you get into a car accident with the rental vehicle, you are required to pay an excess which will be outlined in your contract.
- Late fees. There are a variety of fees you can expect to pay, which includes late fees. These should be outlined to you in your contract so ensure that you read carefully!
How do I sign up to rent an Uber?
Some eligibility requirements you need to meet include:
- Be a registered driver with Uber.If you are not a registered driver with Uber, you won’t be able to benefit from some of the offers that rental vehicle services offer.
- Possess a registered Australian driver’s licence.
- Know the dates you need the vehicle. Some rental services offer both short- and long-term options, so it’s best to know for how long you will be driving the vehicle.
- Be over the age of 18 or 21. Some rental vehicle services have different age requirements, so check this out before you decide on a provider.
Some documents you need to provide include:
- A photocopy of your driver’s licence.
- Your passport. This is just so the rental service has proof you are who you say you are!
Get on the road faster with a rental vehicle and start earning money on Uber. However, it’s important to compare rideshare rental services and ensure you find the one that fits your needs.
More guides on Finder
Best caravan parks in Mannum
Find the best caravan parks in Mannum and explore the heart of the Murray River.
Campervan hire in Broome | Where to book, what to know
Plan your epic road trip around WA with our guide to campervan hire in Broome.
Upcoming hybrid and electric car comparison
Compare soon-to-launch electric and hybrid cars.
Campervan hire on the Sunshine Coast | Where to book, what to know
Encounter wildlife, regional treats and sandy shores with your caravan hire on the Sunshine Coast.
Campervan hire in Cairns | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore Tropical North Queensland with our guide to campervan hire in Cairns.
Campervan relocations in Australia | Where to book, what to know
Discover great destinations for campervan relocations for your adventure across Australia.
Campervan hire in Darwin | Where to book, what to know
Get out and explore the Top End with our guide to campervan hire in Darwin.
Campervan hire in Hobart | Where to book, what to know
Make the most of the great outdoors by comparing your options and the latest deals for campervan hire in Hobart.
Campervan hire on the Gold Coast | Where to book, what to know
Take your vacation to the next level with a campervan hire on the Gold Coast.
Campervan hire in Melbourne | Where to book, what to know
Hit the road and experience the beauty of Victoria with a campervan from these companies.
Ask an Expert