Who is CBHS?
CBHS Health Fund is a not-for-profit health fund originally known as The Commonwealth Bank Health Society. For more than 60 years it has looked after the healthcare needs of current and former employees of the Commonwealth Bank Group and their families, offering quality service, affordable premiums and no-nonsense advice.
Other types of cover available
As well as hospital and extras health insurance, CBHS has partnered with Allianz to provide travel insurance to its members. Allianz Global Assistance Australia is a leading provider of travel insurance and overseas emergency medical assistance and through them CBHS offers a variety of travel insurance products to suit their members’ travel needs and budgets.
These include Standard, Domestic, Frequent Traveller and Comprehensive policies plus specialised options for Snow Cover, Deposit Protection and Cancellation and Luggage.
Comprehensive cover includes:
- Unlimited cancellation fees and lost deposits
- Unlimited overseas emergency medical assistance
- Unlimited overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses
- Dental expenses
- Additional expenses
- Hospital cash allowance
- Accidental death
- Permanent disability
- Loss of income
- Travel documents, credit cards and travellers cheques
- Theft of cash
- Luggage and personal effects
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses
- Travel delay expenses
- Alternative transport expenses
- Personal liability
- Rental vehicle excess
- Travel service provider insolvency
- Free cover for dependant children
What are the benefits of CBHS Health Fund?
As a member-focused fund, CBHS Health provide a comprehensive range of health and wellbeing tools and services at no extra charge for eligible members. Their wellbeing and fitness tools include:
- Best Doctors. Access to a pool of 53,000 medical experts for your questions on diagnosis and treatment.
- The CBHS Choice Network. Reduced or no gap on specified dental and optical goods and services through a selected group of health providers.
- Chronic Disease Management Programs. Programs designed to promote education and wellbeing among members with a chronic disease or at risk of developing a chronic disease.
- Hospital Substitute Treatments. Access to services from registered nurses, physiotherapists, occupational therapists and mental health nurses whilst recovering at home.
- Wellness Benefits. Generous benefits on health checks (eg breast exams and prostate screening) and health management services (eg quit smoking and weight management programs).
CBHS members are also eligible for discounts through a number of leading optical providers including:
- VSP. A free second pair of glasses if you spend $300 or more, 15% off in-store contact lenses, 20% off lens add-ons and free UV coating on all lenses.
- OPSM. Get 20% off glasses, lenses and lens add-ons, 10% off contact lenses, 15% off non-prescription sunglasses and a 5% discount on OPSM direct contact lenses plus free delivery within Australia.
- Laubman & Pank. Score 20% off glasses, lenses and lens add-ons, 10% off contact lenses and 15% off non-prescription sunglasses.
- Specsavers. Get 20% off lens extras (suntint and UV filter), 25% off any glasses from the $149 and above range and free contact lens assessment, fitting and trial and free digital retinal photography.
- Vision Plus. Receive 21% off glasses frames, lenses and lens add-ons, 15% off contact lenses and 15% off non-prescription sunglasses.
- Clearly. Get 20% off and free shipping for any purchase over $99 (including but not limited to Rx Spectacles, Rx sunglasses and Contact Lenses).