Trivago discount codes October 2020
Savvy travellers love two things: the right information and great tips to save money. Here’s how you can get both with Trivago.
We’re committed to our readers and editorial independence. We don’t compare all products in the market and may receive compensation when we refer you to our partners, but this does not influence our opinions or reviews. Learn more about Finder .
That's pretty sweet, don't you think?
Trivago Discount Codes and Vouchers
Trivago's coronavirus (COVID-19) cancellation and changes policy update
Bookings are not made directly on Trivago's website, so it's important to check which website Trivago sends you to to complete your booking.
Each site and company has a different coronavirus (COVID-19) cancellation and changes policy in place, and the terms of your booking will be according to the site on which you purchase your ticket from.
Popular destinations for accommodation with Trivago
Trivago Review | Pros and Cons
- Compares hundreds of hotel booking sites. Where most hotel booking sites compare hotels and accommodation information, Trivago compares listings from the actual booking sites.
- Free service. Trivago receives a commission per booking, but doesn't make money from the customer directly or charge any fees to the customer.
- Various ways of comparing hotels. Search by price, rooms available, dates available, location, popularity and pet friendliness.
- Doesn't take hotel reservations. Trivago is purely a comparison website and does not take bookings. It will forward you to the correct booking site where you can complete your transaction.
- Doesn't handle hotel changes. As trivago is a comparison site and does not take bookings all changes, amendments or communication involving your booking must go through the booking site or the hotel itself.
- Customer service. Some users have noticed a delay in customer service response times. To make the best use of Trivago’s site, use it to compare prices, rather than as a booking site.
What do I need to know about Trivago?
How does Trivago work?
Trivago works with more than 250 booking sites from around the world. When you enter a destination and stay dates, Trivago pulls data from it's range of providers and shows you which hotels are available and how much each of those sites are offering rooms for. It's a simple way to compare pricing from different websites without having to re-do your search on each one.
How do I book through Trivago?
To start, enter your travel destination and travel dates in the search field. Then, browse through the results. As mentioned above, you'll see a list of different hotels and the rates available on different websites.
When you click on an accommodation, you may be directed to an external site with the lowest available rate for that property. Choose your preferences and click "Book Now".
Are Trivago prices per night?
Yes. Prices listed on Trivago are the available per-night rates for each hotel.
Is Trivago safe?
As Trivago itself doesn't take any bookings, it's a good idea to check the security of the sites it redirects you to. It's recommended to only make bookings (especially ones that require you to enter your credit card details) on secure sites.
What forms of payment does Trivago accept?
Trivago doesn't accept payments. It will forward you to a booking site where you can reserve your hotel room. Payment methods may vary depending on the payment method of the site you book with.
What is Trivago’s cancellations and refunds policy?
Trivago is an online comparison tool and cancellation and refund policies will be set by the individual hotels or booking site themselves.
Take care to check the cancellation and refund information before placing your reservation. An example of a cancellation policy might be that the hotel reserves the right to charge a cancellation fee if you cancel less than 48 hours before your arrival time.
If you have any problems, feel free to contact the Trivago customer service team.]
Ask an Expert