TripAdvisor’s Traveller’s Choice Hotels in Australia 2019 revealed
Want to stay in the highest-rated hotel in Australia? We've got you covered.
Whether your vacation dreams involve a stylish urban oasis, a beachfront resort with a view or simply a place to unwind and let go, Aussie travellers can get inspired by these award winners when planning their next getaway.
Using the millions of reviews and opinions collected by TripAdvisor last year, the Travellers' Choice Hotel awards highlight exceptional accommodations around the world that are
recognised for their value, service, amenities and overall experience.
Taking top honours in Australia is Ovolo Woolloomooloo, located along Sydney's Woolloomooloo Wharf, Ovolo Woolloomooloo marries heritage with modern luxury and features contemporarily designed loft rooms.
Looking at the winners by state, Queensland has the greatest number of hotels recognised with 75, New South Wales had 55 properties at the top and Victoria featured 28 award winners.
Globally, the United States has the greatest number of hotel winners with 165, Italy is close behind with 164 properties recognised and Spain features 163 award winners.
To check out the full list of Travellers' Choice award-winning hotels, including the top hotels around the world, head to TripAdvisor.
Top 10 traveller's choice hotels in Australia for 2019
- Ovolo Woolloomooloo - Sydney, New South Wales ($434 per night)
- Pinetrees Lodge – Lord Howe Island ($1,387 per night)
- Ovolo 1888 Darling Harbour – Sydney, New South Wales ($338 per night)
- Peninsula Boutique Hotel – Port Douglas, Queensland ($405 per night)
- Korte's Resort – Rockhampton, Queensland ($157 per night)
- COMO The Treasury – Perth, Western Australia ($645 per night)
- The Langham, Sydney – Sydney, New South Wales ($525 per night)
- Qualia Resort – Hamilton Island, Queensland ($1,508 per night)
- Meriton Suites Southport – Southport, Queensland ($236 per night)
- Freestyle Resort Port Douglas – Port Douglas, Queensland ($264 per night)
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- How you can be Emily in Paris Down Under
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge