TripAdvisor’s top landmarks in Australia revealed
Plus, how you can fly to three of them for under $40 return.
Each and every year booking and reviews site TripAdvisor comes up with a baller list of top Aussie landmarks as voted by TripAdvisor users.
Looking on last year's list, most of the landmarks have remained the same. However, the Australian War Memorial has been knocked off its first place pedestal, replaced by Sydney's shining glory: the Sydney Opera House.
There's been a bit of a reshuffling with the Australian War Memorial dropping two places and the Queen Victoria Building pulling up from 10th place to 5th place but the biggest change is with King's Park War Memorial in Perth. It's been kicked out completely and replaced by New South Wales' Cape Byron Lighthouse, which sneaks in at 10th place.
Here's the official list for you to approve (or disapprove) of:
Top 10 landmarks in Australia
- Sydney Opera House, Sydney
- Sydney Harbour Bridge, Sydney
- Australia War Memorial, Canberra
- Shrine of Remembrance, Melbourne
- Queen Victoria Building, Sydney
- Block Arcade, Melbourne
- Port Arthur Historic Site, Port Arthur
- Fremantle Prison, Fremantle
- Australian Parliament House, Canberra
- Cape Byron Lighthouse, Byron Bay
How to see the landmarks for as little as $39 return
If you're interested in seeing how you can travel to all 10 of last year's landmarks in record speed, here's a breakdown of how to do it.
If you're only interested in travelling to one or a few of them, Jetstar's birthday sale currently has the airfares to get you there and back from as little as $39 return. PS - All these fares can be booked through Expedia here.
To Sydney: See the Sydney Opera House, Sydney Harbour Bridge and Queen Victoria from $45 departing Melbourne, $55 departing Byron, $65 departing Gold Coast, $69 departing Launceston and more.
To Canberra: Unfortunately Jetstar doesn't fly into Canberra, but you can double down and book a day-trip from Sydney for $175 and tick off four landmarks in one trip!
To Melbourne: See the Shrine of Remembrance and Block Arcade from $39 departing Hobart, which is the cheapest flight of the lot. You can also get to Melbourne for $49 departing Sydney, $49 departing Adelaide and more.
To Hobart (Port Arthur): The closest airport to Port Arthur is Hobart, which you can get to from Melbourne for $49.
To Perth: See Fremantle Prison by flying into Perth from Melbourne for $189 flying Jetstar.
To Byron Bay: Last but not least, you can check out surprise entrant Cape Byron Lighthouse for $95 return flying from Melbourne on Jetstar. Or if you're planning to see the Gold Coast you can take a day trip from $110 through TripAdvisor.
Jetstar's birthday sale ends midnight 24 May 2017. You can see a full list of flights available here.
- Bitcoin’s high correlation with S&P 500 suggests further price dips are coming
- Ethereum’s failure to break AU $3k may be caused by fears over stablecoins
- The best FREE games to play this weekend: PC, Xbox and PS5
- Where to watch The Valet online in Australia
- Aussie businesses championing sustainability: Finder Green Awards finalists revealed