TripAdvisor names Australia’s most popular tours
10 tours that know exactly how to show you around.
Travel site TripAdvisor has crunched the numbers on the tours that have been booked the most between January 2016 and now and has come up with a list of the 10 most popular tours throughout Australia.
Not surprisingly, many of these tours are based Sydney, with the Sydney-Bondi Hop-on Hop-off Tour claiming the number one spot after receiving a whopping 4,104 bookings since 2016 and accounting for almost 20% of all bookings across the top 10 tours.
Being one of the more affordable tours on this list at $50 per person and providing travellers with the flexibility to explore the city at their own leisure, it calls to a wide variety visitors seeking to familiarise themselves with Sydney.
Other Sydney tours that are hot on visitor's lists are the Sydney Bridge Climb (2,576 bookings), the Sydney Opera House Guided Walk (2,012 bookings), the Blue Mountains Nature Wildlife and Day Tour (1,548 bookings) and a two-day combo tour that includes highlights of Sydney and the Blue Mountains (1,407 bookings).
While Sydney's tours centred around the CBD, Melbourne's tours were more focused on natural regions away from the city, such as the Yarra Valley (2,005 bookings) and Phillip Island (1,281 bookings).
Cairns also made a splash with tourists honing in on tours of the Great Barrier Reef (1,975 bookings) and Green Island (1,172 bookings).
Top 10 most-booked tours in Australia on TripAdvisor 2016-17
- Sydney-Bondi Hop-on Hop-off Tour, Sydney
- Great Ocean Road Small Group Eco Tour from Melbourne, Melbourne
- Sydney Bridge Climb, Sydney
- Sydney Opera House Guided Walking Tour, Sydney
- Yarra Valley Wine and Winery Tour from Melbourne, Melbourne
- Great Barrier Reef Diving and Snorkelling Cruise from Cairns, Cairns
- Blue Mountains Nature and Wildlife Day Tour from Sydney, Sydney
- 2-Day Combo: Sydney City Tour, Sydney Harbour Lunch Cruise and Blue Mountains Day Trip, Sydney
- Phillip Island: Penguins, Koalas and Kangaroos Day Tour from Melbourne, Melbourne
- Green Island Day Trip from Cairns, Cairns
- Walmart’s supplier blockchain mandate is a huge leap in food safety
- Apple iPhone XS Max review: Apple’s best phone at Apple’s worst price
- XAYA founder explains how a serverless future can change gaming forever
- This new HR tool allows workers to access their pay before payday
- Discover Europe from $999 return, flying Emirates