After a deal for an Easter trip, hoping to escape the winter in July, or looking for get away for the Christmas/New Year's school holidays? Browse for deals available during the month that you're hoping to go away.
Wondering where the best places to travel in each month are? Whether you're looking for the best time to get fresh powder in Japan, the sunniest days on the beaches of Fiji or the fewest crowds in Italy, we've done the research on more than 80 destinations to pinpoint when is the best time to visit. And of course, have included as many deals to that holiday hospot as we can.
Often hear of friends nabbing incredible bargains on holidays while you feel like you're being gouged? Check out our tips and tricks to making sure you'll get the best price on your next flight, hotel stay, holiday and even attractions tickets.
1. Check if there are any coupon codes or discounts available. We work with hundreds of brands and share any available code we can find as well as negotiate exclusive offers so you can save even more. So before you start entering your credit card information, check our travel deals finder to see how much you can save.
2. Wait for a sales event to book. End of financial year, Black Friday and Boxing Day are just some of the year's biggest travel deals events, where we see huge savings on just about all types of holidays. We've created an annual travel deals events calendar to help you keep track of them all.
3. Know when "happy hour" style sales are. Virgin Australia has a Thursday Happy Hour sale, Tigerair discounts fares for Tigerair Tuesdays, Jetstar hosts a Friday Fare Frenzy and the list goes on. If you've got a preferred brand, find out when they regularly discount fares and you can save a bundle. So you don't have to check each airline individually, we've got all the information you need on the best Australia flight sale dates.
4. Travel during the shoulder seasons or off-seasons. There's less demand to go somewhere if the weather isn't going to be just perfect, but if you're okay with cooler weather or a spot of rain on your parade, you can save heaps. The same applies if you're not restricted to travelling during peak periods like Christmas/New Year's or during school holidays. Plus, there will be fewer crowds at attractions and fewer people in your resort pool.
5. Be open to a new destination. It's not always easy to predict which destinations are going to be included in a sale, so it's best to keep a travel style in mind rather than a specific destination. If you're keen on a Fijian escape but only Vanuatu fares are discounted, you may be disappointed. But if you're open to any beach destination you may just discover your new favourite spot - and save a ton!