5 sites where you can buy travel voucher deals now and book them later
Don’t let that travel deal slip away just because you’re not sure when you can go.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
These sites let you lock in a travel deal by purchasing a voucher for it that you can redeem at a later date.
If you're waiting for your employer to approve your annual leave or unsure of exactly when you can go, you'll have time to sort out your holiday plans without losing out on the deal.
While the terms of each offer are different, you will usually have anywhere from a few weeks to a few months from the date of purchase to decide on your actual check-in dates offering the flexibility you may need.
Offering everything from local staycations and snow escapes to beach breaks in Bali and treks in Nepal, Groupon will sell you a voucher for your holiday that you can choose dates for later.
- Can you check availability before purchasing the voucher? Yes. Most deals have a "Check availability" calendar.
- How long are vouchers valid for? Varies. The book-by date will be noted in the "Fine Print & Details" tab.
- Watch out for: Seasonal surcharges. Some dates may come at an extra cost that are payable when you choose your dates. They'll be mentioned in the "Fine Print & Details" tab.
Select the "Buy now book later" option and your upscale getaway can be purchased as a voucher to use at a later date. Even better? Luxury Escapes offers a seven-day change of mind refund and the option to book now and pay later. You'll also earn 1 Qantas Point for every $1 spent on site.
- Can you check availability before purchasing the voucher? Yes. Look for the green "Check Availability" button in the "Package options" section. It should be just above text that says "Buy now book later".
- How long are vouchers valid for? Most Luxury Escapes vouchers are valid for travel for a year from the time they were posted to the website. Bookings need to be made a month or two before the expiry date.
- Watch out for: Buy now book later options aren't available on all deals. Blackout dates and Saturday and high-season surcharges will be noted in the availability calendar. If you're booking the buy now pay later option, this may be an extra fee payable upon booking.
Book your trip with Scoopon's "Buy now book later" option to secure travel deals for up to 65% – or more – off the regular value of the package. If you're looking for extra flexibility, you can even make one complimentary change to your dates once you've booked as long as it's at least 45 days prior to arrival.
- Can you check availability before purchasing the voucher? Yes. Look for the green "Check Availability" button in the "Package options" section. You'll find it above the text that says "Buy now book later".
- How long are vouchers valid for? Most of Scoopon's vouchers are available for about a year from when they were added to the site. You'll need to lock in your dates up to three months prior to the voucher expiry date.
- Watch out for: Unlike some other sites, Scoopon doesn't have the option for international flights to be added onto hotel packages.
Score luxury holidays to the Gold Coast, Whitsundays, Snowy Mountains, Bali and more with Cudo's hotel and resort vouchers, where you can pay less than half the price of booking these hotels yourself.
- Can you check availability before purchasing the voucher? Yes. Click the green "Check availability" button to open up a calendar with available dates.
- How long are vouchers valid for? About a year from the time they're added to Cudo's website. You'll need to choose your dates a month or two before this (the book-by date is noted in the fine print).
- Watch out for: Weekend surcharges for packages within Australia. Only hotel and resort stays are available to buy now and book later.
Much more than just experience vouchers, RedBalloon has a selection of getaway packages available across Australia ranging from bushland glamping to luxurious beachside escapes.
- Can you check availability before purchasing the voucher? No, but RedBalloon's customer support should be able to help if you're looking for specific dates.
- How long are vouchers valid for? Three years from the time of purchase.
- Watch out for: Blackout dates, as they're not highlighted in the description and there isn't a calendar with availability. You'll find this information in the "Important Information" tab.
See the latest bargains from these sites and get your travel deal voucher now:
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Today's best Finder Daily deals include: 55% off Lay-Z Inflatable Spas, $899 Macbook Air laptops, 36% off Nespresso coffee machines.
Campervan hire in Hobart | Where to book, what to know
Make the most of the great outdoors by comparing your options and the latest deals for campervan hire in Hobart.
Campervan hire in Tasmania | Where to book, what to know
Got the wanderlust? Explore the rugged Tasmanian wilderness with a campervan to suit your needs.
Campervan hire in Sydney | Where to book, what to know
Find your perfect home on wheels with campervan rentals in The Harbour City.
Campervan hire in Perth | Where to book, what to know
Whether you’re headed into the outback or along the coast, make your trip that bit smoother with the perfect campervan.
Where to book hotels with free cancellations
Book yourself peace of mind by opting for a stay with a free cancellation policy with one of these top accommodation sites.
Airbnb tiny homes that you can’t help but book
Get ready to downsize on your next adventure with a plethora of tiny houses on Airbnb.
Where can I travel in Australia as restrictions ease?
From accommodation and restaurants to tourist attractions and transport, we break down what is and isn't open in each state for when you travel next.
Victoria travel restrictions | Where you can go in April 2021
Victorians are back in lockdown – so what's open and what's not? Here's what you need to know.
Where can you go in New South Wales in April 2021? | NSW travel restrictions explained
As the state lifts bans put in place due to COVID-19, here's where you can go now, what you can do and what to keep in mind.
Ask an Expert