Travel product review: Cloud Nine Global’s The Signature travel pack
A luxurious gift for a frequent flyer.
I don't know about you, but I'm a casual mess when it comes to travelling with toiletries. They consist of random minis I've accumulated over the years thrown into ziplock bags that are replaced every time they split.
So when The Signature travel pack passed across my desk I was pleasantly surprised. It is a heavily curated travel pack by an Aussie sister duo designed to add that touch of luxury when flying and consists of everything you might get in a first class amenities pack without the first class price tag.
There's a men's and women's version and on my last trip I tested out the women's, naturally.
What we love about it
- The pack includes everything you need to hop off the plane fresh as a daisy. This includes an eye mask and ear buds to block out that snorer or crying baby; antioxidant hydrating mist, hand cream and jojoba oil to keep you hydrated while in the stifled and dry environment of the cabin; and wet wipes and antiperspirant wipes to dab yourself down on long-haul flights where a shower is a dream and not a reality. There's also some of your basic necessities like a toothbrush and toothpaste kit, tissues and a pen. (I somehow ALWAYS forget my pen).
- It supports Australian made. On top of supporting a local start-up, this pack features numerous Aussie products. This includes beauty brand The Jojoba Company which supplies the mist, hand cream and jojoba oil and Cotton On Foundation which supplies the wet wipes.
- It's cabin-friendly. We've all been there trying to get some form of liquid or cream through the security screening that doesn't quite fit the 100mL requirements. (I've had 110g toothpaste taken off me before.) There will be none of that with this pack which only features liquids under 100mL and also comes in that mandatory clear packaging so all you need do is pick it up and pop it in the screening tray as you breeze through the metal detector. It also weighs in at just 350g, which is hardly a dent to the cabin luggage limit so no stress that it'll tip you over because it likely won't.
- It makes for a great gift. With virtually everything you need to fly in comfort in a neat little bundle, this is a winning gift for that frequent flyer in your life. Cloud Nine also offers corporate gift packs at discounted bulk prices which can be personalised with your branding.
The Signature will set you back $100, plus postage . This is a pretty steep price for what you get and if you break down all the little bits and pieces you could DIY yourself up for around $30 less.
That being said, you'd have to go out, purchase items from multiple stores (and potentially pay postage) and source certain items in bulk to curate your own version.
It's possible. But if you'd prefer the convenience of having someone else sort you out – and not having to deal with the excess stock after – that's where Cloud Nine Global comes in.
Where to buy: Cloud Nine Global Travel packs are available from the online shop here.
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, proof of vax, visas and more explained
- 70% of Australians “too scared to travel”, but are they wrong?
- 5 early Black Friday travel deals: Bag a bargain right now
- 10 Click Frenzy™ travel deals that can save you up to 45%
- 3 cheapest places to fly now Australia’s international borders are open