Access up to 11 currencies, lock in exchange rates and access your cash overseas with Qudos Bank.
Check out these Qudos Bank travel money options to make your next trip overseas easier and cheaper.
Qudos Bank is the banking services arm of Qantas airlines. It has travel money and foreign exchange services for both members and non-members, including the Cash Passport Mastercard and a range of foreign currencies.Qudos Bank also provides international money transfer options – including an instant cash wire service – and travel insurance.
Qudos Bank Travel Money Card
The Qudos Bank Travel Money Card is a prepaid Mastercard that lets you load and use up to 10 currencies at a time. You can add funds and switch between currencies online, and the card will automatically use the appropriate currency wherever you travel (when it’s loaded on the card).
The Qudos Bank Travel Money Card can be used in millions of places around the world, wherever. Just be sure to spend in a currency loaded on the card, otherwise you will pay a currency conversion fee that’s worth about 5.95% of the transaction value.
Benefits of Qudos Bank Travel Money Card
- Up to 10 different currencies. You can hold up to 10 different currencies on this card at a time. There’s a $100,000 load limit across all currencies at any one time.
- No currency conversion fees. Spend in a currency you have loaded on the card and you won’t pay international transaction fees.
- Lock in the exchange rate. The exchange rate is locked in when you move money between currencies.
- Manage currencies online. Mastercard has a convenient online portal you can use to view your account balance and manage your available currencies.
- No international ATM withdrawal fee. You will not pay for international ATM withdrawals using the Cash Passport, although you may still have to pay local ATM operator fees.
Using Qudos Bank credit cards overseas
The Qudos Bank Visa Platinum credit card rewards you with one Qantas Point per dollar spent on all purchases and two Qantas Points per dollar spent on Qantas products and services. Using this card to pay for your flights also gets you complimentary insurance.
- A currency conversion fee of 3.65% p.a. applies on all transactions made in a foreign currency.
- Qudos Bank charges $2 for international ATM withdrawals (ATM operator fees may also apply).
International money transfers
Telegraphic transfer from your Qudos Bank transaction or bank account
You can send money overseas directly from your Qudos Bank account. Log in to your online banking account and look for the international money transfer option. You will need the payee’s bank details, account number and SWIFT / BIC.
- Telegraphic transfer fee: $30
Send money in minutes with Qudos Bank and Western Union
Qudos Bank can facilitate a Western Union international cash transfer in minutes. Enter your personal information, the transaction details and the payee’s information through Internet banking. A Qudos Bank representative will then contact you to authorise the transaction and confirm your identity. This service is operated in conjunction with Western Union and cash can be sent to half a million Western Union agents in hundreds of countries.
- Western Union drafts fee: $25
Buy an international bank draft
Bank drafts are like an international cheque and can be handy if you don’t have the payee’s bank account details. Qudos Bank can issue a bank draft in more than 23 foreign currencies.
- International bank drafts fee: $25
Qudos Bank sells international travel insurance provided by Allianz. You can choose a level of cover for your needs, including comprehensive international insurance, budget insurance, frequent traveller insurance and domestic travel insurance. These policies give you cover for factors such as overseas hospital and medical expenses, replacing lost or stolen personal items, cancelled and delayed travel and rental vehicle excess charges.
Complimentary travel insurance included with Qudos Bank credit cards
Allianz also provide the complimentary international travel insurance available with a Qudos Bank Visa Platinum credit card. With this card, you’re eligible for comprehensive overseas cover when you charge 50% of your prepaid travel expenses (flights, accommodation etc) to your Platinum Visa account. Cover is extended to your spouse and dependent children when they meet the insurance requirements and are travelling with you for the entire journey.
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or select your destination
Other Qudos Bank travel money options
- Travellers cheques. Qudos Bank have a partnership with Travelex and can arrange the issue of American Express traveller’s cheques for your next holiday.
- Foreign exchange services. Qudos Bank sell foreign cash in 50 different currencies Place your order before 2pm and it will be ready to collect from a Qudos Bank branch the next business day.
Frequently asked questions
What information do I need to send an international bank draft?
Qudos Bank need the following information to send an international bank draft.
- The payee’s name
- The payee’s address
- The currency
- The amount you want to send
How do I order a replacement credit card?
If you’re overseas and you Qudos Bank credit card has been lost or stolen, you can order a replacement that will be sent to you overseas. For $175 you can arrange for an emergency replacement card be sent to your international address. For an additional $175 you can request Visa emergency cash assistance. If you’re in Australia, Qudos Bank can organise a replacement Visa be sent to your home. Call Qudos Bank customer service on 1300 747 747, 7AM to 7PM Monday to Friday.
Where can I find a Qudos Bank branch?
The Qudos Bank website provides a tool to find your nearest branch. Importantly, Qudos Bank has branches in the Sydney and Melbourne international airports, so you can pick up foreign cash and top up your travel card before you board your flight.