Affordable cover that's easy to understand? Enter youGo Travel Insurance
youGo Travel Insurance customers can select from domestic or international plans for a single trip or annual multi-trip cover, with each policy designed to offer a high level of cover at a reasonable price. YouGo also offers a number of flexible options to help customers tailor a policy that suits their requirements, including the ability to choose your own excess and optional activity cover.When you’re looking for travel insurance for your next holiday, consider the policy offered by youGo Travel Insurance. youGo Travel Insurance offers a range of affordable insurance plans that can be tailored to match the needs of different travellers.
Show code & visit siteYO****After the store tab opens, come back to copy the code
Enter Your Details in the Form to Receive a Quote from youGo Travel Insurance
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or select your destination
Who Underwrites youGo Travel Insurance?
youGo’s insurance policies are issued by Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) PLC trading as Great Lakes Australia (GLA), an authorised Australian insurance provider. Great Lakes Reinsurance (UK) PLC has its base in England and Wales and is in turn subsidiary of the Munich Reinsurance Company, part of the Munich Re Group. The Munich Re Group is one of the world’s biggest insurers.
The policies offered by youGo Travel Insurance are administered by Cover-More Insurance Services. This well-known Australian company takes care of things like customer service and claims management.
YouGo Travel Insurance Products
youGo’s range of travel insurance policies includes the following policies:
- International. Designed to offer affordable cover at a reasonable price, this policy is suitable for backpackers, students and families on a budget. It contains essential cover against a range of common travel risks.
- Domestic. Designed to cover you for travel within Australia, this youGo Travel Insurance policy includes cover for things like cancellation costs, lost or stolen travel documents, rental car insurance excess and travel delay.
- Domestic cancellation. This policy provides cover for amendment and cancellation costs when you are forced to cancel or alter your itinerary or cut your trip short due to unforeseen circumstances.
For a better understanding of the cover offered under each policy, take a look at the following benefits summary comparison table:
|Overseas medical and dental expenses||$Unlimited*•||–||–|
|Amendment or cancellation costs||Cover Chosen∧•||$10,000||Cover Chosen#|
|Luggage and travel documents||$6,000°||$3,000°||–|
|Delayed luggage allowance||$750||–||–|
|Rental car insurance excess||$3,000||$4,000||–|
|Resumption of journey||$3,000||-||–|
|Loss of income||$6,000+• up to $1,000 per month||$1,500+ up to $250 per month||–|
*Medical cover will not exceed 12 months from onset
∼Limits apply to subsection 2 and 5f
+Maximum liability collectively for sections 13, 14 and 15 is $20,000 on International and $10,000 on Domestic
#You can choose $200, $400, $600, $800 or $1500
°For luggage item limits, see page 6 of the PDS
•Reduced limits may apply for customers 70 years or over. Limits will be shown on certificate of insurance
∧Cover chosen applies per policy, see page 6 of the PDS
Each plan option has its own limits, sub-limits, excess and duration of cover. Make sure you have read the relevant PDS to make sure you fully understand the level of cover you are getting and decide if the product is right for you.Back to top
youGo Travel Insurance Featured Benefits
- 24-hour emergency assistance. youGo Travel Insurance policyholders can access an Australian team offering expert customer assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The team also has access to a global network of doctors and logistical staff.
- Medical cover. Under an international policy, you’ll receive cover for overseas emergency hospital, medical, surgery and ambulance expenses. Assistance is provided to help you find treatment and medical evacuation is also covered if necessary.
- Cancellation cover. You can choose the cover level that suits you for this particular benefit. You can take out cover for pre-paid tickets, hotels, tours or other pre-paid travel-related expenses.
- Additional expenses. This benefit provides cover for your emergency accommodation and transport expenses if a disaster (for example, a volcanic eruption, tsunami, earthquake or flood) disrupts your trip.
- Rental car insurance excess. If your rental car is involved in an accident or damaged, your policy will cover the exorbitant cost of the rental car company’s insurance excess.
- Single trip cover or annual multi-trip cover. If you’re only taking one trip away, choose a single trip policy to provide the cover you need. However, if you’re a frequent traveller you can take out an annual policy to cover all the trips you take over a 12-month period. Trips must be to destinations more than 250km from your home and you must select a maximum allowable duration for each trip.
youGo Travel Insurance Policy Inclusions
- Choose your excess. If you opt for an International plan, you can choose an excess ranging from $0 to $250. The higher the excess you choose, the lower your premium will be. The excess under the Domestic and Domestic Cancellation plans is $25.
- Cancellation cover. Flexibility is key when it comes to the cancellation cover offered under youGo’s travel insurance policies. While the International policy does not automatically offer cancellation cover, you can choose a level of protection that matches your personal travel needs. You’ll need to select an adequate level of insurance to cover the costs of any cancellation expenses you may incur for pre-paid travel arrangements. The Domestic plan automatically includes $10,000 of cover, while the Domestic Cancellation plan lets you choose the amount of cancellation cover required per person ($200, $400, $600, $800 or $1,500).
- Luggage item limits apply. Under a Domestic policy, a $300 limit applies to each of the following:
- cameras and video cameras
- laptop computers
- mobile phones and smartphones.
Higher limits apply under an International policy, including up to $2,500 cover for cameras and up to $2,500 cover for laptops.
- Extend your journey. If you’re overseas and decide you want to extend your trip, you’ll need to contact youGo Travel Insurance before your policy expires and take out a new plan. This is not an extension of your previous policy.
- Motorcycles. Cover is provided for riding a motorcycle if you satisfy certain conditions, including riding a bike with an engine capacity of less than 200cc.
- Winter sports. Optional cover is available for snow skiing, snowboarding and snowmobiling, though you’ll need to pay an extra premium to receive this cover.
- Activities. A comprehensive list of adventure activities is included in your cover, including:
- bungee jumping
- jet skiing
- white water rafting
- working holidays.
YouGo Travel Insurance Areas of Travel
Under a single trip policy, youGo Travel Insurance splits regions of travel up into five areas. Area 5 is for travel within Australia and Area 4 covers trips to Indonesia, the South West Pacific, Norfolk Island, New Zealand and domestic cruise travel. Area 3 covers the UK and south-east Asia, while Area 2 provides cover for trips to Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Area 1 offers worldwide cover including the Americas and Africa, and you’ll need to select this area of cover if more than 20% of your trip is spent in the Americas or Africa.
Under an annual multi-trip policy, cover is split into just three areas of travel. Area 5 is for travel within Australia, Area 2 is worldwide cover excluding the Americas and Africa, and Area 1 is worldwide cover including the Americas and Africa.Back to top
youGo Travel Insurance and Pre-existing Conditions
youGo’s travel insurance policies do not automatically provide cover for claims arising from, or exacerbated by, some pre-existing medical conditions or pregnancy. However, it is possible to apply for cover for your existing medical conditions, though your policy may be subject to special conditions, limitations and excesses before youGo Travel Insurance will approve your application.
youGo Travel Insurance defines an existing medical condition as:
a) Any physical defect, condition, illness or disease for which treatment, medication or advice (including investigation) has been received or prescribed by a medical or dental adviser in the 90 days prior to the Relevant Time; or
b) Any chronic or ongoing (whether chronic or otherwise) medical or dental condition, illness or disease medically documented prior to the Relevant Time.
youGo Travel Insurance splits existing medical conditions into three separate categories: conditions that are automatically covered, conditions which cannot be covered, and conditions that the insurer will need to assess. How conditions will be assessed can be found on page 9 of the PDS.
youGo Travel Insurance Claims
If you wish to lodge a claim with youGo Travel Insurance there are two ways you can go about it. The first way is to complete a claim online by logging onto claims.yougotravelinsurance.com.au and then following the prompts.
The second option is to download and print a claim form from yougotravelinsurance.com.au. You can then fill out this claim form and follow the instructions in terms of supporting evidence and documentation you have to supply. Depending on your claim, these documents may include police reports, receipts and valuations.
Your claim form and supporting documentation will then need to be sent to:
- youGo Travel Insurance
- Claims Department
- Private Bag 913
- North Sydney NSW 2059
youGo Travel Insurance aims to process claims as quickly as possible and will be in touch within 10 days of receiving your claim form.
If you’re looking for travel insurance that covers you for all the essentials but won’t break the bank, youGo’s travel insurance policies are definitely worth considering. They’re designed to be both flexible and affordable, so make sure to compare youGo’s cover with other products on the market to find the right travel insurance policy for your needs.Back to top