Traveller Insure Travel Insurance

Traveller Insure Travel Insurance

Traveller Insure offers competitive travel insurance that allows you to get out and explore the world with confidence. Traveller Insure offer two policies: One Trip and Annual travel insurance.

Compare the options available from Traveller Insure and review its cover options to see if this is the right product for you. does not currently have access to this travel insurance brand. You may wish to compare options available on the travel insurance homepage.

The policies are underwritten by ACE Insurance Ltd, which underwrites more than $500 million in gross written premiums every year. ACE Insurance is part of ACE Group, which operates in 54 countries and is one of the world’s largest property and casualty insurers. Emergency assistance is offered 24/7 by ACE Assistance to Traveller Insure policyholders.

Traveller Insure travel insurance policies

Traveller Insure One Trip policy

  • Covers you for a single journey of up to six months duration
  • Available in 5 plans based on your area of travel: Worldwide (excluding Cuba for US citizens); Worldwide excluding the Americas, Africa and Cuba; South East Asia; New Zealand / Pacific Islands; Domestic
  • Different levels of cover available to suit the insurance needs and budgets of a variety of travellers. The One Trip (International) Plan is available as Essential, Premium or Elite cover, while the One Trip (Domestic) Plan is available as Essential or Premium cover
  • Single or joint cover available
  • Dependent children and two unrelated children travelling with you are covered
  • Unlimited cover available for overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses as well as additional expenses
  • Unlimited cover for loss of deposits and cancellation charges under Elite cover ($15,000 for Premium cover and $10,000 for Essential)
  • Up to $5 million of personal liability cover
  • Other benefits include resumption of journey, accidental death, luggage and travel documents, delayed luggage allowance, rental vehicle excess and travel delay

Traveller Insure Annual policy

  • There are two Annual plans to choose from: Worldwide (excluding Cuba for US citizens) and Domestic
  • Maximum length of any one trip under the International plan is 90 days, while the maximum trip duration on the Domestic plan is 45 days
  • Single or joint cover available
  • Dependent children and two unrelated children travelling with you are covered
  • Unlimited cover available for overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses as well as additional expenses
  • $50,000 of cover for loss of deposits and cancellation charges on an International plan; $10,000 on a Domestic plan
  • $3 million of personal liability cover on an International plan; $2 million for domestic travellers
  • Other benefits include luggage and travel documents, delayed luggage allowance, travel delay, rental vehicle excess and accidental loss of life

Benefits available on Traveller Insure travel insurance policies

The cover benefits available on Traveller Insure travel insurance policies are listed below. Keep in mind that not all benefits are available on all policies. For example, no overseas medical cover is included on domestic plans. The availability of benefits and benefit limits will vary depending on the level of cover you select.

  • Overseas medical and dental expenses. If you’re injured or fall ill while abroad, Traveller Insure offers unlimited cover for the cost of your medical, hospital, surgical and ambulance costs.
  • Additional expenses. This benefit provides cover for the cost of resuming your journey if it is cut short by illness or injury, for additional transport costs to get you to a wedding, funeral or other special event on time, and for the additional accommodation and travelling costs incurred if you or your travelling companion becomes ill or dies.
  • Loss of deposits and cancellation charges. If circumstances beyond your control lead you to cancel or cut short your trip, such as a natural disaster or the death of a family member, Traveller Insure will cover the cost of your non-refundable deposits and cancellation fees for travel, accommodation and tours.
  • Luggage and travel documents. If your luggage, personal belongings or travel documents (including passport) are lost, stolen or damaged during your journey, Traveller Insure provides cover for the cost of their repair or replacement.
  • Delayed luggage allowance. If your luggage is delayed, misplaced or misdirected by a transport provider for more than 24 hours, the policy provides cover for an emergency allowance to help you purchase items such as clothing and toiletries.
  • Replacement of money. Only available to international travellers, this benefit covers the loss or theft of money while on your trip.
  • Rental vehicle excess. If your rental vehicle is in an accident, stolen or maliciously damaged, this benefit covers the cost of the rental company’s insurance excess.
  • Travel delay. If your pre-booked transport is delayed by at least six hours due to unforeseeable circumstances beyond your control, Traveller Insure will reimburse your additional accommodation expenses.
  • Flight delay. If your flight is delayed by more than four hours due to circumstances beyond your control, you’ll be reimbursed for the cost of restaurant meals and refreshments.
  • Cash in hospital. You’ll receive a daily cash allowance if you are hospitalised overseas.
  • Personal liability. This benefit offers cover for legal expenses and any compensation you must pay if you cause bodily injury or property damage to someone else during your trip.
  • Accidental loss of life and permanent loss. This provides a lump-sum benefit if you suffer an accidental injury that leads to your death.
  • Other benefits. There are other benefits available on certain policies to provide cover in the event of hijacking, to cover your legal expenses when you seek compensation following an accidental injury, and to cover your credit card balance following your accidental death.

Traveller Insure travel insurance claims

If an event or incident that could lead to a claim occurs, notify the insurer as soon as possible. You’ll need to get in touch with the insurer as soon as reasonably practicable, but no later than 30 days of a claim event.

ACE Insurance will then provide you with a claim form that you can fill out with all the details of the claim event. You may also need to provide a range of documents to support your claim, such as medical reports, police reports and receipts. Make sure to provide these items as soon as possible to ensure the efficient handling of your claim.

Traveller Insure travel insurance FAQ

Q. Who underwrites Traveller Insure’s policies?

  • A. The cover is underwritten by ACE Insurance Ltd.

Q. What is the maximum age at which I can apply for a policy?

  • A. Traveller Insure One Trip and Annual policies are available to people up to 69 years of age. You’ll need to be at least 18 years old to apply.

Q. What excess will I have to pay when I make a claim?

  • A. A standard excess of $100 applies to claims on international policies. The excess for claims on domestic plans is $50.

Q. What is the maximum allowable duration of any one journey under an Annual Multi-Trip policy?

  • A. The maximum journey length is 90 days. You’ll need to contact ACE Insurance to discuss your options if you want to extend this cover.

Q. What is the maximum length of journey that can be covered under a One Trip policy?

  • A. You can receive cover for trips of up to six months under this type of policy.

Q. Is there a cooling-off period?

  • A. Yes. Once you’ve received written or electronic confirmation that you’ve been accepted for cover, you have 14 days to cancel your policy and receive a full premium refund. If you choose to cancel your policy after this 14-day period, no refund is offered.

Q. Do I need to provide a medical certificate or any information from my doctor in order to take out cover?

  • A. No, this is not required. However, be aware that losses that arise due to pre-existing medical conditions will generally not be covered.

Q. Is cover included for dependent children travelling with me?

  • A. Yes, single and joint cover policies from Traveller Insure include cover for your dependent children and up to two unrelated children travelling with you.

Q. How long before my journey can I purchase a Traveller Insure One Trip policy?

  • A. You can take out cover up to nine months before your scheduled departure.

Q. Is ACE Assistance free?

  • A. Yes, all international policyholders can phone the ACE Assistance line 24/7 to help you locate hospital or medical care wherever you are in the world.

Q. What is the maximum amount Traveller Insure will pay for any one item under luggage and personal belongings cover?

  • A. This depends on the type of policy you have. Under a One Trip policy, the limit is $500 for Essential cover, $1,000 for Premium and $1,500 for Elite. The limit is $1,000 on an Annual Multi-Trip plan.
Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, read the PDS or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
Ask a question