Everything you need to know if you are considering taking out travel cover from Travel Insurance Services for your next trip.
It doesn’t matter where you’re travelling or how well you plan your holiday, unexpected events and disasters can strike at any time and wreak havoc with your travel plans. From lost baggage and crashed rental cars to overseas medical emergencies, the list of the things that could potentially go wrong on a holiday and leave you out of pocket is quite alarming.
This is why it’s such a sensible idea to take out travel insurance cover. It offers critical financial protection against a huge range of potential travel risks, allowing you to travel with much greater peace of mind.
If you’re looking for a policy to provide cover for your next trip, consider the options available from Travel Insurance Services. Offering policies underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited, a highly respected name in the insurance business, Travel Insurance Services provides a wealth of cover options for Australian travellers.
In fact, Travel Insurance Services actually offers policies from two travel insurance brands: AussieTravelCover and CHI Travel Insurance. Both of these brands specialise in offering worldwide cover to Australian travellers as well as for non Australian residents travelling to and within Australia. While each of these providers operates its own website, you can find all of their policies in the one place at Travel Insurance Services.
Emergency assistance under all policies is provided by Allianz Global Assistance.
What Policies are Available?
With access to a number of policies from two travel insurance brands, Travel Insurance Services offers an extensive range of cover options. With this in mind, it’s best to split these policies up into their availability for different types of traveller.
For international travellers, Travel Insurance Services offers:
- AussieTravelCover Plan A Super Plus. Available for travel to the Americas, Africa or worldwide, this policy provides a comprehensive range of benefits. Unlimited cover is included for emergency overseas medical and hospital expenses, and medical evacuation is covered if required. Other features include unlimited protection against cancellation fees and lost deposits when unexpected circumstances force you to cancel your trip, as well as cover for travel provider insolvency, accidental death, permanent disability, loss of income, travel documents and credit cards, theft of money, luggage and personal effects, luggage delay, travel delay, personal liability and rental vehicle excess.
- AussieTravelCover Plan A Super. This policy provides the exact same benefits as the plan listed above, however it is available for travel to Europe, Egypt, Japan and the Middle East. Some of the benefit limits, for example rental vehicle excess, are slightly lower.
- AussieTravelCover Plan A Standard. You can choose this travel insurance plan if you are travelling in the UK, Ireland or Asia (excluding Japan or Indonesia). It covers unlimited overseas medical and hospital expenses and unlimited cancellation fees and lost deposits. It then provides cover for all the same benefits as the other Plan A options, although different benefits sometimes apply. For example, this policy provides $1 million of personal liability cover whereas the Super Plus plan provides $5 million of cover.
- AussieTravelCover Plan A Economy. Designed for travel in Indonesia and the south-west Pacific, including cruising, this plan covers overseas medical expenses and evacuation, cancellation fees and lost deposits, lost and stolen luggage, delayed luggage, travel delay, lost or stolen travel documents, personal liability, rental vehicle excess waiver and more.
- AussieTravelCover Plan A NZ/Indonesia/Fiji. This offers the same cover as the above policy but excludes cover for cruising holidays.
- AussieTravelCover Plan B Annual Multi Journey. Rather than taking out a travel insurance policy for every separate trip you take, this plan allows travellers to enjoy cover for multiple trips across a 12-month period. It offers comprehensive cover (including everything from overseas medical expenses to personal liability and lost luggage) but is much cheaper than taking out several individual policies across the course of a year.
- AussieTravelCover Plan D Medical and Liability. If you only want cover against a few essential risks, this policy could suit you. Much cheaper than a comprehensive policy, it offers unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses, as well as medical evacuation if necessary. $5 million of personal liability cover is also included.
- CHI Travel Insurance Plan A Comprehensive. This policy offers CHI’s highest level of cover and its benefits include unlimited cover for overseas medical expenses, and unlimited cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits. Cover is also included for travel services provider insolvency and wholesaler insolvency, as well as accidental death, permanent disability, loss of income, loss of travel documents, theft of cash, rental vehicle excess and personal liability. This policy is available in several different variations depending on where in the world you are travelling and whether or not you are embarking on a cruise holiday.
- CHI Travel Insurance Plan C Medical and Liability Only. This policy is designed with the budget-conscious traveller in mind and offers the following essential benefits: unlimited cover for overseas emergency medical assistance, unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses, and $5 million of personal liability cover.
- CHI Travel Insurance Plan D Frequent Traveller. This CHI travel policy covers you for all the journeys you take during a 12-month period. It offers the same coverage as the Plan A Comprehensive policy listed above and allows you to save money as opposed to taking out separate policies for each trip.
Travellers who are already overseas are also eligible to take out the above policy options from CHI Travel Insurance and AussieTravelCover.
Policies for Visitors to Australia
- AussieTravelCover Plan E Non Residents. This policy offers unlimited cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits, overseas emergency medical assistance and overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. It also covers additional expenses, hospital cash allowance, accidental death, permanent disability, loss of travel documents and credit cards, luggage and personal effects (including delay), travel delay, alternative transport expenses, personal liability and rental vehicle excess.
- CHI Travel Insurance Plan E Non Residents. This provides all the same benefits but offers higher benefit limits. For example, it offers a $25,000 accidental death benefit as opposed to the $10,000 benefit under the AussieTravelCover policy, and $8,000 of luggage and personal effects cover instead of $3,000.
Policies for Domestic Travel
Finally, if you’re an Australian resident planning travel within Australia, consider the cover offered under the following plan:
- CHI Travel Insurance Plan B. Designed for travel in Australia only, this policy offers unlimited cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits. Other features include cover for travel services provider insolvency, wholesaler insolvency, additional expenses, accidental death, luggage and personal effects, travel delay expenses and personal liability.
Who Underwrites the Travel Insurance Services Policies?
All of the travel insurance policies offered through CHI Travel Insurance and AussieTravelCover are underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Pty Ltd. Allianz is one of the top five largest general insurance providers in Australia, with more than three million customers on its books and a 2014 combined premium income of over $4 billion.
In addition to travel insurance it also offers car, home, boat life, business, public liability and corporate insurance.
If you need emergency assistance under your CHI Travel Insurance or AussieTravelCover policy, it will be provided by Allianz Global Assistance. Available to be contacted in the event of an emergency 24 hours a day, seven days a week, Allianz Global Assistance can help out in a wide range of situations.Back to top
More About AussieTravelCover and CHI
AussieTravelCover is a specialist in offering worldwide travel insurance policies for Australian residents travelling either overseas or within Australia. In addition, it also provides cover for non-residents of Australia who travel to and within Australia. Regardless of whether you want basic cover that can be purchased on a tight budget or a comprehensive policy that offers the ultimate level of protection, AussieTravelCover can help.
CHI Travel Insurance is one of the longest established travel insurance products in Australia. If you’re an Australian resident travelling internationally or domestically, CHI can provide the cover you need. It also offers cover for non-residents travelling to and within Australia. CHI provides a broad range of travel insurance benefits to its customers through policies to suit everyone from those looking for essentials cover to those who want a comprehensive policy.