Professionals Travel Cover
Find business travel insurance to cover up to 10 staff members for multiple trips with Professionals Travel Cover
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Important:Travel insurance rules continue to change as a result of the pandemic. Some information may not be accurate at this time. It’s even more important to double-check all details that matter to you before taking out cover. Please note:
- Some policies may not be available through Finder at this time
- It’s unlikely that your policy will cover expenses from border closures
This review will explore the cover available and more of the benefits of choosing Professionals Travel Cover to protect your employees abroad or on trips within Australia.
Note: The policy information on this page is current as of the initial time of writing, but insurance policies are subject to change and information may be outdated at the time of reading.
Compare your travel insurance quotes
Made a search before? Retrieve your search results
Type or Select your destination(s)
What are the benefits of Professionals Travel Cover?
Professionals Travel Cover Business Travel Insurance includes the following benefits:
- Overseas emergency medical assistance. Unlimited cover is available to help ensure that you can access the medical attention you need while overseas.
- Overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses. Business Travel Insurance from Professionals Travel Cover includes unlimited cover for the emergency medical and hospital expenses you incur while overseas.
- Emergency dental expenses. Up to $500 cover is included for emergency dental treatment to relieve sudden and acute pain.
- Hospital cash allowance. When you’re hospitalised overseas for more than 48 consecutive hours, Professionals Travel Cover can provide a daily hospital cash allowance of $50, up to a maximum of $8,000.
- Accidental death. A lump sum benefit may be payable to your estate if you die as a result of an accident during your journey.
- Permanent disability. This lump sum benefit may be payable if you are injured during your overseas journey and lose all of the sight in one or both eyes, or lose the use of a hand or foot at or above the wrist or ankle. The disability will need to continue for at least 12 months and be expected to continue indefinitely.
- Additional accommodation and travel expenses. This benefit helps ensure that your additional accommodation and travel expenses are covered when your trip is disrupted by a range of circumstances, for example if you are deemed medically unfit to continue travelling, or if you are forced to cut your trip short on the advice of a doctor.
- Resumption of journey. This benefit is designed to cover the cost of the airfares to return you to the place where your journey was disrupted due to the death or hospitalisation of a relative, if your work commitments require you to return overseas.
- Loss of income. Business Travel Insurance pays $400 a week for up to 26 weeks if you become disabled during an overseas journey and are unable to return to work when you get back to Australia.
- Alternative staff. This benefit covers the cost for a replacement employee to complete the original assignment for which you were sent, but you had to return home for medical reasons.
- Cancellation fees and lost deposits. Unlimited cover is provided for cancellation fees and lost deposits when you are forced to cancel your trip due to unforeseen circumstances beyond your control, such as the death of a relative.
- Disruption of journey. This benefit covers your additional meals and accommodation expenses if your journey is disrupted for at least six hours by circumstances beyond your control.
- Alternative transport expenses. If your scheduled overseas transport is cancelled, delayed or diverted, Professionals Travel Cover can reimburse the additional travel expenses you incur to get to a pre-arranged event, for example a business conference.
- Luggage and personal effects. This benefit helps cover the repair or replacement of luggage and personal effects when they are lost, stolen or damaged during your trip.
- Luggage and personal effects delay expenses. Available for overseas travel only, this benefit can reimburse you when your luggage and personal effects are delayed or misdirected for more than 12 hours and you need to purchase clothing and toiletries.
- Travel documents and credit cards. Business Travel Insurance can cover the replacement costs of any travel documents (including passports) which are lost or stolen overseas, and also provides cover for credit card fraud if your card is lost or stolen while overseas.
- Theft of cash. Available for overseas travel only, this benefit provides cover for cash stolen from your person.
- Personal liability. This benefit can help cover your legal liability if you cause death, bodily injury or property damage to someone else.
- Rental vehicle excess. The policy provides cover for the rental vehicle excess payable when your hire car is stolen, damaged or involved in a collision.
- Pre-paid shore excursions cancellation. Available for cruise travel, this benefit can help cover cancellation fees and lost deposits if you are unable to attend a pre-paid shore excursion because you are confined to your cabin or to a hospital bed in the cruise vessel’s hospital.
- Missed cruise departure. If poor weather, a strike, industrial action or a car accident causes you to miss the departure of your cruise, the policy can help cover the travel and accommodation costs you incur to reach your destination.
- Cabin confinement. Only applicable to overseas travel, this benefit lets you claim up to $50 for each 24-hour period you are confined to your cabin or the cruise vessel’s hospital as a result of injury or sickness.
- Missed port cover. You are able to receive $100 for each day a scheduled port visit is cancelled due to adverse weather or timetable restrictions.
- Own snow gear. This benefit helps cover your snow ski equipment if it is stolen, accidentally damaged or lost during your journey.
- Snow gear hire excess. If your hired snow gear is damaged or stolen, this benefit can be used to cover the hire equipment excess or the cost of repairing the equipment.
- Lift pass. This benefit helps pay for the loss or theft of your lift pass during your journey.
- Piste closure. You may receive up to $100 per 24-hour period if, as a result of insufficient snow, bad weather or power failure in your pre-booked accommodation, all lift systems are closed for more than 24 hours.
- Bad weather and avalanche closure. This benefit helps pay for extra travel and accommodation expenses when your pre-booked outward or return journey is delayed by more than 12 hours due to avalanche or bad weather.
- Emergency rescue. This benefit pays out to help cover emergency transfer or evacuation expenses, if you suffer an injury on the ski slopes and need to be transported to the nearest hospital for emergency treatment.
Key features of Professionals Travel Cover
- No need to apply to cover pre existing conditions
- Cover can be purchased online or over the phone
- No loading for travellers with pre-existing conditions
- Cover for travellers up to the age of 65
- 24/7 overseas emergency assistance by AAI Australia
- High level of cover from $167 per person
- Cover can be tax deductible as a legitimate business expense
How do I claim Professionals Travel Cover?
There are several important things to keep in mind if an event occurs that may lead to a claim under your Business Travel Insurance policy:
- If the claim relates to overseas emergency medical assistance or overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses, contact AAI Australia as quickly as reasonably possible using the phone number provided in your policy documents.
- Claims may be denied if you have admitted fault for any event, or offered to pay money to a third party by way of compensation.
- Report any loss or theft of your luggage and personal effects to the police immediately and obtain a written copy of the report.
- Report damaged or misplaced luggage to the relevant airline or other travel operator and obtain a written copy of the report.
- Take any reasonable steps to minimise your loss.
- Keep evidence of the value of any insured property or of the amount of any loss you suffer.
You must inform the insurer of any claims within 30 days of returning home. You can do this by phoning 1300 383 550, or emailing email@example.com
Who is eligible to apply?
To qualify for cover under this policy you must meet the following criteria:
- Australian resident
- Eligible for a Medicare card
- Under 65 years of age
- Your journey commences and ends in Australia
- Undertaking a business or leisure journey of no greater than 30 days
Professionals Travel Cover FAQs
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: 75% off deluxe massage chairs, 45% off mini wildlife cameras, 64% off BBQ Grill Charcoal Smokers.
Review: Celsius Network cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform
An in-depth review of one of the most popular lending and interest earning platforms in cryptocurrency.
Nexo review: Is it safe for high interest returns?
Nexo is a cryptocurrency lending and borrowing platform that offers high interest rates on cryptocurrencies, stablecoins and fiat. We review the features available and look at how safe your funds would be on the platform.
Citi Clear Credit Card – Exclusive Offer
This Citi Clear Credit Card offer includes 0% on balance transfers for 28 months and a reduced first-year annual fee. Compare and apply here.
This is not a COVID property boom: Where prices will go in 2022
Housing supply and demand: Given that everyone needs housing, this topic is relevant to literally everyone, yet it's possibly the least understood topic on the planet.
The 10 best Adventure games of all time
From Day of the Tentacle to Life is Strange, these are the 10 best Adventure games in the history of gaming with links to buy.
Pets in cabins “soon” on domestic flights: What’s the catch?
The announcement that pets may soon be able to travel in the cabin is good news for many pet owners – but how will it be implemented?
ANZ Rewards Platinum – Exclusive Offer
This card offers a competitive rewards program, 150,000 bonus ANZ Reward Points, a first-year annual fee waiver and a range of complimentary insurance covers.
Bank of Melbourne Vertigo Card – Cashback Offer
Compare the features of the Bank of Melbourne Vertigo credit card, including a $0 first-year annual fee and a $300 cashback.
AscendEX (BitMax) Cryptocurrency Exchange Review
A complete review of the AscendEX exchange, covering trading and DeFi features, associated fees, regulation and security. Is AscendEX right for you?
Ask an Expert