Heading abroad? Multitrip.com.au might be the insurance for you – compare policies and find out if it's the policy for you.
If you’re heading overseas, it makes sense to take out travel insurance before you set off on your journey. It guarantees the peace of mind and financial protection you need to relax and enjoy your travels.
Multitrip.com.au offers value-for-money travel insurance for Australians travelling domestically and overseas. A part of Blue Insurances Limited, a multi award-winning insurance brand, Multitrip.com.au offers low-cost travel insurance that can cover you against an large number of potentially expensive holiday risks.
What policies does Multitrip.com.au offer?
This is Multitrip.com.au entry-level policy option that offers cover for a selection of vital expenses but is still affordable for travellers on a tight budget.
- Unlimited cover is provided for overseas medical and hospital expenses, including ambulance transportation and surgical costs
- Additional expenses to return home to Australia earlier than originally planned are also covered
- If your personal belongings or baggage are lost, stolen or damaged during your journey, $2,000 of cover is provided for their repair or replacement.
- $1 million of legal liability cover is included when you are responsible for causing bodily injury or property damage to a third party.
Premier travel insurance is Multitrip.com.au’s mid-range policy option.
- Unlimited cover for emergency medical and hospital expenses incurred outside Australia
- An in-hospital cash benefit of $75 for every 24 hours you are hospitalised (up to $2,500)
- $12,500 for cutting your trip short
- $12,500 for additional emergency expenses incurred due to your medical situation
- Personal belongings and baggage cover for $6,000
- $10,000 for cancelling your trip prior to departure
- $20,000 personal accident benefit
- $8,000 legal expenses cover
- $750 travel provider financial default cover
- $4,000 rental vehicle excess waiver
- $2 million of personal liability cover.
This policy is designed to offer comprehensive coverage for travellers who want the peace of mind offered by complete protection. It offers a high level of cover that includes:
- Unlimited cover for emergency overseas medical and hospital expenses
- Unlimited cover when unexpected circumstances force you to cancel your trip before your departure
- In-hospital cash benefit of up to $5,000 helps you cover your out of pocket expenses
- $50,000 additional emergency costs
- Unlimited cover for cutting your trip short expenses
- $3,000 for resumption of journey
- Travel and luggage delay cover of $8,000
- $500 money cover
- Passport and travel documents cover of $5,000
- $4,000 rental vehicle excess waiver
- $25,000 personal accident and death benefit
- $2.5 million of personal liability.
Additional cover options
- Winter sports cover. This additional option provides cover for the loss, theft or damage of your ski equipment and hired ski equipment. It also covers you against risks like piste closure, avalanche cover and unusable lift passes.
- Business cover. Be covered for the loss, theft or damage of important business equipment and samples with this additional cover option. It also protects you against the cost of business equipment hire, emergency courier expenses, theft of business money and replacing staff.
- Golf cover. If you’re heading away on a golfing holiday, adding this option to your policy ensures that you are covered against the loss, theft or damage of your golfing equipment, as well as the cost of hiring golf equipment or covering green fees.
- Additional specified items cover. This allows you to increase the level of cover your policy provides for high-value items, up to $4,000 for single items or $6,000 for combined items.
General exclusions you need to know about
Your Multitrip.com.au travel insurance policy claim will not be paid if:
- It is for a pre-existing medical condition which you fail to notify the insurer about.
- It arises because any insured person on your policy is awaiting medical tests or treatment for any undiagnosed condition.
- It arises because any insured person is travelling against the advice of their medical practitioner.
- In the last five years any insured person has received treatment or medication for heart-related conditions, blood circulatory conditions, diabetes conditions, neurological conditions, anxiety, depression or cancer.
- It arises from your suicide, your attempted suicide or you intentionally putting yourself in danger (except to save someone else’s life).
- It arises from the use of alcohol or drugs, except drugs prescribed by your doctor.
- It arises because you fail to get the right inoculations or vaccinations you need to travel.
- It arises because of war, insurrection or acts of terrorism.
- It results from you travelling to a region which the Department of Foreign Affairs has warned against visiting.
- It results from extraordinary natural phenomena such as floods, earthquakes, tsunamis, landslides etc.
- It arises from your use of a motorcycle unless you are wearing a helmet, you hold a driving licence appropriate for the country you are in, and you hold a valid licence for operating an equivalent rated motorcycle (if over 125cc) back in Australia.
- It is for consequential loss of any kind.
- It arises because of your involvement in any deliberate, malicious, reckless, criminal or illegal act.
- It is caused by your involvement in manual labour related to a business or trade, or if you participate in any missionary or humanitarian work.
- It is caused by your involvement in racing other than on foot, or in a sport not listed in the PDS as covered by your policy.
- It is caused by a government authority seizing, withholding or destroying anything of yours.
- It results from errors or omissions in your booking arrangements.
Annual or single – what's right for me?
If you only need cover for one holiday, Multitrip.com.au’s single trip cover provides all the protection you need. However, if you’re planning to take multiple trips over the course of a year Annual Multi Trip Travel Insurance from Multitrip.com.au can save you a significant amount of money.
Instead of having to worry about finding a travel insurance policy every time you embark on a journey, this type of policy covers you for all the trips you take across a 12-month period. Just like with a single trip policy, multiple cover levels are available to suit your insurance needs and your budget. For frequent travellers, taking out an Annual Multi Trip policy is also much cheaper than taking out a new policy whenever you travel.
How do I go about making a claim?
Making a claim on your Multitrip.com.au policy is designed to be as simple and straightforward as possible. It’s important that you provide written notice of your claim to Multitrip.com.au as soon as possible, but within a maximum time limit of 30 days. When doing so, you’ll need to provide the following information:
- The name of your policy and when it was purchased
- Your policy number
- Where your insurance was purchased
- Where you travelled
- The value of your claim
- The details surrounding the circumstances of your claim
- Invoices, receipts etc. relating to your expenses
- Travel dates
- The date of the incident
Claim forms can be downloaded from the insurer’s website and submitted via mail or email.
Apply for cover from Multitrip.com.au today
Whether you need cover for a single trip or if you need an annual multi-trip policy, Multitrip.com.au offers a range of competitive policy options to suit varying budgets. Just make sure to compare the policy you like to make sure you know what you will be covered for and that you’re getting value for money.