Jet Travel Insurance Policy Review
Everyone loves the excitement of travelling, but all it takes to destroy your dream holiday is one little thing going wrong. You could suffer a serious injury or illness overseas, an airline could lose your luggage, thieves could steal your personal belongings, you could crash your rental car, or the unexpected illness of a relative could send you rushing home part way through your trip. There’s a whole host of risks you face when you’re travelling, and every one of them could end up leaving you significantly out of pocket.
But this is where travel insurance comes to the rescue. Designed to offer peace of mind to a wide variety of travellers, this type of cover provides essential financial protection when you head out to see the world.
Jet Travel Insurance offers a number of affordable travel insurance options to suit the needs and budgets of different travellers. Whether you’re looking for comprehensive cover, domestic cover, multi-trip cover or insurance for your next skiing holiday, Jet Travel Insurance can help.
Who is Jet Travel Insurance?
Jet Travel Insurance provides several travel insurance plans: Comprehensive Travel Insurance, Domestic Travel Insurance, Cancellation and Luggage, Snow Cover Travel Insurance and Frequent Traveller Insurance. The company offers its policies online, direct to customers.
Jet Travel Insurance policies are issued and underwritten by Allianz Australia Insurance Limited. Allianz has a wealth of experience in the industry and a long history in Australia. It also has a global presence and is backed by worldwide financial strength.
All policies offer Allianz Global Assistance, a leading name in the travel insurance business. The company operates in 28 countries around the world and has a global team of doctors and nurses to provide assistance if you become ill or injured while away from home. Its global network comprises more than 1600 medical specialists.
In Australia, Allianz has an expert team of doctors, nurses, case managers and other support personnel available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.Back to top
Jet Travel Insurance Policies
Jet Travel Insurance has several policies available to those looking for travel cover.
Comprehensive Travel Insurance
As the name suggests, Jet Comprehensive Travel Insurance offers protection against a range of travel risks. Jet Comprehensive Travel Insurance offers cover for:
- lost and stolen luggage
- accidental death
- permanent disability
- personal liability.
- unlimited overseas emergency medical and hospital expenses
- unlimited protection against cancellation and amendment fee
- lost or stolen travel documents
Domestic Travel Insurance
If you’re planning a trip solely within Australia, this is the Jet Travel Insurance policy for you. This means there is no cover for any medical costs you may incur while travelling under this particular plan.
- accidental death
- travel delay expenses
- rental vehicle excess
- personal liability cover
- unlimited cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits when unforeseen circumstances
- $50,000 of additional expenses cover
- luggage and personal effects
Cancellation and Luggage
If you only want to take out protection for unexpected trip cancellation and lost or stolen luggage, this is the policy for you. Cancellation fees and lost deposits cover is provided up to the total value of your insured holiday, while luggage and personal effects cover is provided up to the total value of your insured luggage and personal effects.
Snow Cover Insurance
If you’re planning a skiing holiday, Jet Travel Insurance’s Snow Cover plan is designed with you in mind. It offers all the features of the Comprehensive policy including unlimited overseas medical cover and unlimited protection against cancellation fees and lost deposits. However, it also provides cover for additional snow benefits, regardless of whether you’re travelling overseas or within Australia. This includes snow sport overseas emergency medical assistance, cover for your own and hired equipment, piste closure, avalanche closure, bad weather closure and a snow ski pack.
Frequent Traveller Insurance
If you’re planning to take multiple trips across the next year, a Frequent Traveller Insurance plan offers a much more affordable option than taking out separate cover for each trip. This policy provides protection for all the trips you take over a period of 12 months. It offers the same benefits as offered under the Comprehensive plan when you’re travelling abroad, plus the same benefits under the Domestic plan when you travel within Australia (though your destination must be a minimum of 250 kilometres from your home). You can take an unlimited number of journeys each year, but benefit limits and sub-limits do apply. The maximum length of one journey is 35 days.
How to Purchase a Jet Travel Insurance Policy
Jet Travel Insurance plans are only available to Australian residents. Jet Travel Insurance must be purchased before the commencement of the journey. That journey must also start and end in Australia. Policyholders need to satisfy the relevant age limits (69 years and under for Frequent Traveller Insurance, 75 years and under for all other policies).
Next, select the region of the world you will be travelling to, then specify the exact duration of your journey. Select the plan you would like to take out, then choose whether you want Single or Family cover.
Finally, you can tick the boxes for any additional options you would like to include in your cover and then apply online, over the phone or at a distributor’s branch.Back to top
Insurance General Exclusions
There are certain circumstances where Jet Travel Insurance will not pay your claim. These include:
- If your claim is related to an epidemic or pandemic
- If your claim arises from an act of war
- If your claim relates to a pre-existing medical condition
- If you take a blood thinning prescription medication
- If you travelled against the advice of a medical practitioner
- If your claim arises from pregnancy or childbirth
- If your claim arises from your treatment for drug or alcohol addiction
- If your claim is related to depression, anxiety, stress or other mental or nervous conditions
- If your claim arises from suicide or attempted suicide
- If your claim is for a sexually transmitted disease
- If you were under the influence of intoxicating liquor or drugs
- If your claim arises from your involvement in open water sailing, polo, rock climbing, hang gliding, professional sport and underwater diving.
- If you do not act responsibly to protect yourself and your property and avoid making a claim
- If you do not do anything to reduce your loss as much as possible
- If your claim arises from consequential loss of any kind
- If your claim is for a loss which is recoverable by compensation under a workers’ compensation scheme or other government sponsored fund
- If your claim arises from errors or omissions in your booking arrangements, or your failure to obtain the relevant visa
- If your claim is a result of you acting illegally or breaking any government prohibitions
- If you were riding a motorcycle without a current Australian motorcycle license
- If you ignored a travel advisory from the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, or you ignored travel advice in the mass media
Important Matters Concerning Your Policy
You and the insurer both have certain rights and responsibilities under a Jet Travel Insurance plan. Cover does not start until the insurer issues a certificate of insurance, while the period for which you are insured is set out on the certificate.
If you apply for cover but then decide you do not want this policy, you may cancel it within 14 days of being issued with your certificate of insurance. Cancelling within this 14-day cooling-off period also entitles you to a full refund of the premium you have paid.
It’s also possible to extend your cover free of charge if your return to Australia is postponed by transport delays. In order to confirm any transaction on your policy, you can call Allianz Global Assistance for full details.
Finally, remember that you have a duty of disclosure you need to fulfil when you apply for insurance of any kind. This means you need to provide any information the insurer needs to know to help them assess your level of risk.Back to top
Compare Jet Travel Insurance Policies Online
Jet Travel Insurance offers a broad range of competitive and affordable insurance policies that are backed by the financial strength of Allianz. However, in order to ensure that you end up with the best policy for your needs and budget, compare a number of travel insurance options at finder.com.au.Back to top