Compare Check-In Travel Insurance Policies
With a local Australian team of travel insurance experts, an excellent range of cover options and free cover for children under 21, Check-In Travel Insurance is an great cover choice for your next trip away.For over a decade, Check-In Travel Insurance has helped thousands of Australians achieve the peace of mind they deserve on their dream holidays by providing comforting and familiar top notch service for all sorts of hiccups along the road, whether it be a booking mishap, lost luggage or a medical emergency.
What Are the Benefits of Having a Check-in Travel Insurance Policy?
As you compare travel insurance policies, it can seem like all travel insurance brands are one and the same with no distinguishable difference between the lot.
However, as a local Australian travel insurance brand, Check-In Travel Insurance truly understand the needs of fellow Aussie travellers and walk the talk by providing maximum bang for your hard-earned buck by including extra benefits, such as:
- Free cover for kids – For children aged 21 and under who are travelling with you for the entire journey, they will be covered under your Family Travel Insurance policy plan at no extra cost
- Cover for sports – While many travel insurance policies will not cover sports, Check-In Insurance understand that fun is a key part of your holidays and automatically protect you for most sports and leisure activities
- Winter sports cover – If news of fresh powder makes you bright-eyed each skiing season, Check-In Travel Insurance make it easy for you to include recreational skiing and snowboarding in your travel insurance policy, making it easy for you to enjoy the snow to the fullest
- Worldwide assistance – No matter where you are in the world, Check-In Travel Insurance will have your back with access to Australia’s global emergency network, MAPFRE.
All Check-In Travel Insurance policies also include cover for:
- Unlimited overseas medical and hospital expenses
- Cancellation and amendment fees
- Additional expenses
- Luggage and personal effects
- Travel documents, credit card & travellers cheques
- Delayed luggage allowance
- Theft of cash
- Rental car insurance excess
- Travel delay expenses
- Alternative transport expenses
- Resumption of journey
- Hospital cash allowance
- Loss of income
- Permanent disability
- Accidental death
- Personal liability
What Are the Limitations of Check-in Travel Insurance Policies?
While Check-In Travel Insurance will do their best to protect you from all sorts of hiccups on the road, there are some things that just won’t be covered. Common sense can go a long way during your travels, but it’s best to be aware of the general exclusions in place.
You may not receive your claimable benefits from Check-In Travel Insurance if you:
- Were irresponsible or reckless, such as acting illegally or while intoxicated, or leaving your items unattended in a public area
- Were in control a motorcycle without a current Australian motorcycle or driver licence
- Are claiming for a pre-existing medical condition which was not specified to Check-In Travel Insurance and covered for
- Engaged in a sport that was listed as not covered in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS)
- Travelled against the advice of medical advisers
- Travelled against the warnings of the Australian Government
- Are looking to claim for incidences relating to acts of war
Travel insurance is a vital component of any journey you plan to take, so it’s vital to have a clear understanding of what is and is not covered under your policy. Finder.com.au advises reading the full Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) to note all exclusions under your policy.
How to File a Claim With Check-in Travel Insurance
Check-In Travel Insurance are all about helping you out and they know from their decade-long experience that a quick turnaround is always favourable when you’re stuck in an unfortunate situation.
To make a claim with Check-In Travel Insurance, it’s as easy as 1-2-3:
1. Call Check-In Insurance
Contact the friendly Check-In Travel Insurance Claim Team so they can keep an eye out for your upcoming claim form and send you the appropriate claim form
2. Complete the claim form
Fill out all relevant details to help Check-In Travel Insurance understand what happened
3. Mail your completed claim form
Send your completed form and any related original receipts to their Sydney office. Your claim will be processed as fast as possible by Check-In Travel Insurance and paid to you in AUD.
Why is Travel Insurance Important?
As hard as we may try, there is no guarantee that your carefully planned holiday will happen flawlessly. Nobody knows what could happen in the next moment and a string of good luck is not enough to protect you if you are blindsided by an unexpected event.
Perhaps you become seriously injured or ill during your holiday. When every part of your body is aching and you’re mourning the early end to your adventure, the last thing you’ll want on your mind is the high stacks of bills you’ll have to face at the end of it all. What’s more, if you have to be treated for a medical emergency as a foreigner overseas, your costs could skyrocket without the usual comforts of Medicare and private Australian medical insurance, especially if a medical emergency evacuation is required.
Or maybe you’ll lose your luggage, important travel documents or deposits on pre-booked accommodation or activities. Whatever the case, comprehensive travel insurance from Check-In Travel Insurance could literally become your lifesaver and save you from empty pockets with a guaranteed access to expert worldwide support for whatever emergency you come across on your journey.
Frequently Asked Questions About Check-in Travel Insurance
Q. When should I get Check-In Travel Insurance?
- A. The best time to purchase travel insurance is around the same time when you book your holiday. With a comprehensive travel insurance policy such as those offered by Check-In Travel Insurance, you’ll be protected from the get go against any lost deposits or cancellation fees that you may incur before you even begin your travels.
Q. Who can be insured by Check-In Travel Insurance?
- A. Check-In Travel Insurance is available to Australian residents who haven’t yet left on their travels. The Basic and Comprehensive policies are available for residents up to 79 years old and the Annual Multi-Trip Policy is available for those up to 75 years old.
Q. Will Check-In Travel Insurance cover my medical condition?
- A. It’s best to check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for your chosen Check-In Travel Insurance Policy to see if your pre-existing medical condition is automatically covered. In either case, you should contact Check-In Travel Insurance to discuss your pre-existing medical condition and notify them before you purchase your travel insurance.