Travel Insurance Saver logo

Travel Insurance Saver inbound travel insurance review

Coming to Australia and need travel insurance? Review inbound travel cover from Travel Insurance Saver.

The Travel Insurance Saver Inbound Travel Insurance policy is designed for non-resident travellers who are visiting or working in Australia on a temporary basis. Inbound Travel Insurance includes cover for medical expenses, cancellation and deferment costs, travel delays and a whole lot more, so read on to find out if this policy is right for your needs.

Apply for inbound travel insurance with Travel Insurance Saver

Brands Product Product Details Apply
Travel Insurance Saver Inbound

$200,000 medical and dental expenses

$20,000 cancellation or holiday deferment costs

$500,000 personal liability

Travellers who are under 70 years of age; limits apply to travellers between 60 and 70

Get quoteMore info

What does the Inbound Travel Insurance policy cover?

  • Cancellation or holiday deferment costs. If you have to cancel or abandon your trip due to unforeseen circumstances, such as a job loss or the death of a relative, this benefit covers the resulting cancellation fees and lost deposits.
  • Emergency travel arrangements and accommodation expenses. This benefit covers additional accommodation and travel expenses if you or your travelling companion suffers illness or injury and are medically unfit to travel, or if a relative needs to travel to be by your side.
  • Agent’s cancellation fees. If you need to cancel your holiday following an insured event, this benefit covers the cost of the agent’s cancellation fees.
  • Medical expenses. This benefit covers the medical and hospital expenses you incur while in Australia.
  • Evacuation and repatriation. $200,000 of cover is provided if you need to be evacuated for medical or non-medical reasons.
  • Travel delay. You are covered for the additional meal and accommodation expenses you incur as a result of a travel delay caused by circumstances beyond your control.
  • Rental vehicle insurance excess. This benefit covers the rental insurance excess if your rental car is stolen, damaged or involved in an accident.
  • Luggage and personal effects. This benefit covers the cost of repairing or replacing lost, stolen or damaged luggage and personal belongings.
  • Emergency luggage. This benefit ensures that you can purchase emergency clothing and toiletries if your luggage is delayed by a carrier.
  • Replacement passports and travel documents. If your passport or important travel documents have been lost, stolen or damaged during your trip, the cost of reissuing or replacing them will be covered.
  • Accidental death. A lump-sum benefit is offered if you die as a result of an accidental injury suffered during your trip.
  • Funeral expenses overseas or repatriation of remains. Up to $15,000 of cover is available under this benefit.
  • Personal liability. This benefit ensures that you are covered if you cause bodily injury to someone else or are responsible for damaging someone else’s property.

Find out more about inbound and non-resident travel insurance

Get travel insurance that offers worldwide assistance

The Inbound Travel Insurance policy is issued by QBE Australia, which is part of the QBE Insurance Group. This means that policyholders have access to emergency assistance offered by QBE Assist 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, anywhere in the world. QBE Assist offers worldwide medical and emergency assistance to policyholders. If you ever need help during your holiday, QBE Assist has a team of medical and insurance specialists ready to offer the assistance you need. If you’re sick or injured, QBE Assist can help monitor your condition, help you find a doctor, organise your medical repatriation if necessary and also pay your hospital and medical bills. If your passport is stolen, your luggage goes missing or an airport is unexpectedly closed, QBE Assist can help you rearrange your travel plans, replace your passport, and send emergency messages to family and friends back home. During your journey, keep the QBE Assist contact details in a safe place so that you can refer to them in an emergency. If you ever need to call QBE Assist, you’ll need to provide your certificate of insurance number and contact details. You can find the relevant numbers to call in your policy documents.

Who is eligible for a Travel Insurance Saver Inbound Travel Insurance policy?

The Inbound Travel Insurance policy is only available if:

  • You are a non-resident of Australia and are entering Australia on a temporary basis
  • You are under 81 years of age
  • Your trip includes travel within Australia and you aren’t simply taking out cover for returning to your home country

Some cover limits apply to travellers aged 60 years or older, and the policy can’t be purchased more than 12 months prior to travel.

How to make a claim with Travel Insurance Saver

It’s important to remember that you must take all reasonable steps to prevent loss from occurring and minimise further loss. It’s also important that you promptly notify the insurer of any claim you wish to make. Make sure you have the following information ready:

  1. Your policy number
  2. Your contact details
  3. Your travel details
  4. Specific details of your claim and any required supporting information such as police reports, medical reports or receipts

You can lodge your claim in the following ways:

  • Online. The QBE Online Claim Lodgement system provides a quick and easy way to make a claim. You can access the system at any time from anywhere in the world, and a QBE claims specialist will be in touch within 24 hours of you lodging your claim. If no further information is required, your claim will be assessed within 10 business days.
  • By post. You can download a travel insurance claim form from the Travel Insurance Saver website, then follow the instructions to fill out the claim form and supply any necessary supporting documentation. You can then mail the form to:
    • QBE Travel Claims
    • P.O. Box 12090
    • Melbourne VIC 8006
    • Australia

Apply for inbound travel cover from Travel Insurance Saver

Was this content helpful to you? No  Yes

Related Posts

Ask an Expert

You are about to post a question on

  • Do not enter personal information (eg. surname, phone number, bank details) as your question will be made public
  • is a financial comparison and information service, not a bank or product provider
  • We cannot provide you with personal advice or recommendations
  • Your answer might already be waiting – check previous questions below to see if yours has already been asked

Finder only provides general advice and factual information, so consider your own circumstances, or seek advice before you decide to act on our content. By submitting a question, you're accepting our Terms of Use, Disclaimer & Privacy Policy and Privacy & Cookies Policy.
Ask a question
Go to site