Learn about the benefits of Travel Insurance Direct Winter Sports Cover and why its a good choice if you're planning a ski trip
Travel Insurance Direct Winter Sports Travel Insurance provides cover for a variety of unforeseen circumstances, such as:
- Piste closure. Covers a daily limit for each day that the skiing facilities at your pre-booked resort are closed due to adverse snow conditions
- Snow skiing pre-paid costs. Covers your irrecoverable pre-paid charges for ski equipment hire, lift passes and ski school costs if you’re unable to ski for more than 24 hours due to sudden illness or serious injury.
- Snow skiing equipment replacement. Covers the hEire of alternative ski equipment if your gear has been accidentally lost, stolen or damaged, or if your equipment is delayed or misdirected.
- Hired Snow Skiing Equipment. If you have a written hire agreement with a licenced hire company, this covers accidental loss, theft or damage to your hired gear.
Who is Travel Insurance Direct?
If you’re a fellow lover of travel, there’s no doubt you’ve heard of one of Australia’s leading travel insurance brands, Travel Insurance Direct.
A well-known provider of comprehensive travel insurance, Travel Insurance Direct is underwritten at the world’s leading insurance market, Lloyd’s, providing you with a sure guarantee of quality travel support. To date, over a million past customers have successfully completed their dream holidays to return home safe and sound, taking cover under the wings of Travel Insurance Direct when they come across a hiccup in their carefully hatched plans.
As a 100% Australian business, Travel Insurance Direct is a great choice for your upcoming winter sport holiday with their local knowledge of all things winter sport-related and a history of great customer service.
What are the General Exclusions of Travel Insurance Direct Winter Sports Travel?
As a 100% Australian travel insurance provider, Travel Insurance Direct is all about a fair go for everybody but this doesn’t mean that they can protect you from absolutely anything and everything.
To give you a few examples, as a general rule you will not be covered under the Travel Insurance Direct Winter Sports Travel Policy if you:
- needlessly exposed yourself to risk
- left your items unattended in a public area
- were under the influence of alcohol before or during your event
- travelled against DO NOT TRAVEL warnings from the Australian Government
- routine expenses relating to pregnancy
- claiming for an incident that happened outside of the normal ski season for the resort
- participated in any of the following:
- ski acrobatics
- ski jumping
- snow kiting
- snow biking
- snow rafting
- ice hockey
- ice climbing
- activities on frozen lakes and rivers
- power-assisted skiing.
As with all insurance policies, figuring out what is and isn’t covered is a must-do activity to tick off your list before you purchase your Winter Sports Travel Insurance. Look in the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for a full run-down of exclusions under the Travel Insurance Direct Winter Sports Travel Insurance Policy to make sure you’re not going to be left high and dry because of a simple clause.
How to File a Claim With Travel Insurance Direct Winter Sports Travel Insurance
As champions of quality customer service, Travel Insurance Direct makes claiming for your Winter Sports Travel Insurance easy and hassle-free.
To file a claim with Travel Insurance Direct Winter Sports Travel Insurance, simply:
Let them know
If you experience a medical emergency while you’re away, require hospitalisation or your expenses are likely to exceed $2,000, notify Travel Insurance Direct’s emergency assistance team as soon as possible so they can help liaise with your medical providers and family.
Complete a claim form
Completing an online claim form is the quickest way to go. Answer a few questions about what happened and hit send.
If you’re more prefer putting ink on paper, simply download the direct claim form from the Travel Insurance Direct website and answer the provided questions.
Submit all documents
You will need to show relevant documents to support your claim, such as Property Irregularity Reports for damaged luggage or original receipts. Make sure to make a copy for yourself of all original copies, so that you can refer to them for your own reference too.
Receive your outcome
So long as you’ve provided all the necessary documentation, your claim will be processed within 10 business days. Sometimes more information might be required, and they’ll let you know if that’s the case within those 10 days.
Apply for Travel Insurance Direct Winter Sports Travel Insurance
Whether it’s stolen snow gear or a piste closure, there’s nothing as assuring as a community of travel insurance experts who can guide you safely through your dream winter sport holiday even if you come across a hitch. Travel Insurance Direct’s dedicated team will help you make the fields of fresh powder even more enjoyable while they last, knowing that you’re protected against all odds.Back to top