Discover the benefits of the TID International policy for your next overseas escape and apply for a secure quote
When you are planning an exciting overseas holiday, the last thing you want to spend time doing is comparing travel insurance products. However, choosing the right travel insurance is just as important as choosing the best luggage or making sure your passport is valid. While you’ll be doing a lot of planning for your trip and none of it will include plans for time spent waiting around airports or in overseas hospitals, the reality is that accidents and delays can happen, but they don’t have to ruin all of those carefully laid plans.
Compare TID policies
What types of international travel insurance does TID offer?
TID offers three types of cover for international travel.
- The Works. This is TID's comprehensive cover for single trips.
- The Basics. This TID's budget policy or single trips.
- Annual Multi-Trip. This is a comprehensive policy for those who need to take more than one trip overseas in a year.
Features of Travel Insurance Direct International Travel Insurance
Not all international travel insurance policies are created equally, which is why you need to consider all of the specified inclusions and features of the TID policy before you decide. To start your comparisons, learn more about the cover options from TID which include:
- Overseas medical expenses. Provides cover for the reasonable cost of emergency overseas medical, hospital, road ambulance or other treatment due to sudden illness or serious injury. Cover also includes a benefit for emergency dental treatment, overseas burial or cremation
- Cancellation costs. Provides cover for unused travel arrangements and cancellation fees charged by your providers if you have to cancel your holiday because of circumstances outside your control.
- Additional expenses and medical evacuation. Provides cover for reasonable additional travel and accommodation expenses if you are unable to continue the trip due to the sudden illness or serious injury of you, a member of your travelling party, a close relative or business partner. Also includes cover for cancelled transport services due to strike or severe weather and loss of passports, travel documents and credit cards.
- Loss of income. Provides cover for up to 6 months if you are unable to return to your usual full-time occupation due to an injury suffered during your trip.
- Rental vehicle excess. Provides cover for the rental vehicle excess if your hire car is damaged or stolen whilst in your care. You can also choose to increase the amount covered for a nominal fee.
- Optional snow sports and activities. When you purchase this option, cover is provided to participate in a variety of snow sports, plus additional cover for Piste Closure, Snow Skiing Pre-paid Costs, Snow Skiing Equipment Replacement and Hired Snow Skiing Equipment.
- Accidental death and total permanent disability. Provides a one-off payment if you die within 12 months as the direct result of an injury which occurred during your holiday. The Total Permanent Disability benefit also provides a one-off payment if you suffer an injury during your trip which results in your permanent total loss of sight in one or both eyes, or permanent total loss of one or more limbs.
Interested in applying for TID International Travel Insurance
If the cover provided from the TID International Travel Insurance Policy sounds like the right option for your next trip overseas, you can follow the secure link located in the table above through to the TID website to start comparing quotes 100% free of charge. You might also like to access the product disclosure statement to read up on any other details on the policy including the exclusions and process for making a claim. If any details of the policy are unclear, don't hesitate to contact a TID consultant to have any questions you have answered.