Get affordable cover for trip cancellation and luggage with TID Domestic Cover
Travel insurance is often the last thing on people’s to-do list when they travel, partly because not the most exciting part of the planning process and partly because it’s easy to convince yourself that those travel horror stories only happen to other people. It’s even easier to neglect travel insurance when you’re not travelling very far, or not going away for very long, however, domestic travel insurance is just as important as its international counterpart, because you’ll want to protect yourself and your plans, wherever you are and wherever you’re going.
Receive a free quote for TID Domestic Travel Insurance
Benefits of domestic travel insurance with Travel Insurance Direct
Travel Insurance Direct offers a comprehensive domestic travel insurance policy which is sure to look after you in every eventuality, no matter where you are in Australia, with features like:
- Cancellation costs. Cancellation costs. Provides cover for unused travel arrangements and cancellation fees charged by your providers if you have to cancel your holiday because of circumstances outside your control.
- Additional expenses. Provides cover for additional travel and accommodation costs if you are unable to continue your trip because of the unexpected hospitalisation or death of a close relative or one of your travelling party. This also includes cover for cancellation due to severe weather, natural disaster, hijacking or strikes.”
- Rental vehicle excess. Provides cover for the rental vehicle excess if your hire car is damaged or stolen whilst in your care. You can also choose to increase the amount covered for a nominal fee.
- Accidental death benefit. Provides a one-off payment if you die within 12 months as the direct result of an injury which occurred during your holiday.
- Luggage and personal effects. Provides cover for your luggage and personal effects if they are accidentally lost, stolen or damaged. You can also choose to specify high value items for a nominal fee.
- Personal liability cover. Provides cover for your liability if you are responsible for damage to a third party’s property, or injury to another person.
- Optional snow sports and activities. When you purchase this option, cover is provided to participate in a variety of snow sports, plus additional cover for Piste Closure, Snow Skiing Pre-paid Costs, Snow Skiing Equipment Replacement and Hired Snow Skiing Equipment.
Interested in applying for Travel Insurance Direct Domestic Travel cover?
You can receive a 100% free and no obligation quote for TID domestic travel cover by following the secure link from the product table above through to the TID website. It is worth downloading the product disclosure statement to ensure you are clear on the policy terms and conditions prior to application. Once you are satisfied that this is the right option for your trip, you can purchase your cover entirely online. Cover can generally be put in place in as little as 10 minutes provided you do not have any pre-existing medical conditions to declare.