Vietnam is rapidly transforming into a culturally rich, entrepreneurial nation that embraces tourism and offers a range of experiences to the intrepid traveller. Vietnam is a place of lush farmland, dense jungle, idyllic beaches and vibrant cities.
From haggling over a tailored suit in the streets of Hanoi to floating down a river swathed in jungle, and dreamlike landscapes of tiered fields and lilypads to the wartime tunnels of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam will take you on a journey of discovery.
Popular Travel coupon codes
|22 Jan 2020
||US$30 off on tours and activities with code
|16 Jan 2020
||Up to 40% off worldwide hotels + Extra 8% off with code
|10 Jan 2020
||Extra 8% off hotels
|9 Jan 2020
||Up to 75% off worldwide hotels + extra 5% off with code
|4 Nov 2019
||Get $20 credit
Best sites to find Vietnam package deals
- Flight Centre: You can purchase pre-planned packages directly from Flight Centre.
- Wotif: Purchasing a package from Wotif gives you complete flexibility with a wide range of flight and accommodation options.
- Expedia: Great for people who want to organise a package with the option to add extras.
- TourRadar: Perfect for travellers who want to include activities and experiences to their package.
- Lastminute.com.au: If you're a spontaneous traveller or need to make last minute travel arrangements, you can book a package at late notice.
Best time to find Vietnam package deals
Cheapest time to fly to Vietnam
The cheapest times to travel to Vietnam are August, October and November. October is a great time to travel if you need to factor in school holidays. Plus, the October long weekend falls within this time.
How much are flights from Sydney to Ho Chi Minh City
Cheapest time to book flights to Vietnam
Booking six weeks in advance will secure you the best price.
See our extensive guide to find out the best time to travel to Vietnam.
Fast facts about Vietnam
Where is it? Vietnam is on the east of the Indochinese Peninsula in Southeast Asia, to the south of China and east of Cambodia and Laos.
How do I get there? Direct flights to Hanoi (from Sydney) and Ho Chi Minh City (from Melbourne and Sydney) are available, with connections also available from other cities in Australia. Direct flights take between 6 and 9 hours. Airlines include Qantas, Virgin, Jetstar, Vietnam Airlines, Scoot, AirAsia and China Southern. Read more...
When should I go? The best time to visit Vietnam is from February to April or from August to October, when there is less rain and the temperatures are mild. Read more...
What should I do?
- Explore the streets of Hanoi.
- Cruise around the islands of Halong Bay.
- Delve into Hang Son Doong cave.
- Delight your senses at a street food market.
- Snorkel or fish off Phu Quoc Island.
- Take a historical tour in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Hike up the Marble Mountains.
- Celebrate at one of Vietnam’s many festivals.
- Bag a bargain at a city market. Read more...