Travel deals for this weekend: Brisbane, Adelaide and Coffs Harbour
The best bargains to see you through the weekend.
The long weekend has come and gone, but that doesn't mean you can't make a trip out of the upcoming weekend.
Whether you're driving somewhere nearby or flying further afield, we've scouted out the best travel deals for 6-8 October 2017 to get you there without putting a huge dent in your hip pocket.
Sydney to Brisbane holiday from $393 (inc. flights + 3 nights)
Here's a three-day break you simply can't resist. Available through Expedia, it includes economy flights on Tigerair from Sydney to Brisbane and a three-night stay at the ibis Brisbane in the business room.
Flights depart on Friday afternoon and return Monday afternoon so you can max out your weekend and take a cheeky Monday off. If you're travelling with someone, you can also tuck into Expedia's special two-for-one breakfast deal.
Brisbane to Kewarra Beach holiday from $591 (inc. flights + 3 nights)
Travel further north this weekend for a luxurious beach getaway like no other.
Lastminute is flying the flag for this cheap three-night getaway with flights and accommodation starting at $591 per person.
Flights are with either Jetstar or Tigerair, depending on what time you'd like to leave. Accommodation is a bungalow at Kewarra Beach Resort & Spa, so you know a pamper is definitely on the cards.
The cheapest flights depart during the day, so you might have to take Friday and Monday off, though you can upgrade to more suitable flight times for a fee.
Melbourne to Adelaide holiday from $430 (inc. flights + 2 nights)
If you want to say farewell to holiday packages and DIY this weekend, you can jet from Melbourne to Adelaide on a perfect two-night weekender from $430 per person.
Using Skyscanner, we found flights to Adelaide for $271 return on Tigerair. They depart Friday afternoon and return Sunday evening.
You can then couple this with a two-night stay at The Guest House in Adelaide CBD for $160.
The total? $430 per person. Or $350 per person if you convince a mate to join you.
Sydney to Coffs Harbour from $1 (one-way relocation)
Europcar has a one-way relocation deal that will literally only cost you pocket change. Pick your car up from Sydney Airport and drive it to Coffs Harbour Airport for a single buck.
This offer is valid until 7 October, so you'll have to leave on Friday or Saturday at the latest. It also includes 800 kilometres and basic protection.
You will have to find your own way home from Coffs. According to Skyscanner you can hop onto a Sunday afternoon flight from $96. Couple that with a cheap two-night stay from $168 and you've got the makings of a $265 dirty weekend.
Other wheelie good deals
- Free upgrade with Budget. Hire a select economy or full-size car in Australia for two or more days and you'll get a single upgrade absolutely free. More details here.
- Hire your car over the weekend and get your third day free with Budget. Taking an extra-long weekend? When you hire your car with budget for three or more days over a weekend, you'll get that third day free. More details here.
Each week, Travel Deals For This Weekend will let you know about the last-minute holidays deals that you can book for the upcoming weekend.
All flights, hotels and holiday packages are available to book for the weekend at the time of writing.
- How to watch Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers AFL live and match preview
- How to watch Geelong Cats vs Richmond Tigers AFL live and match preview
- Tokyo 2020: Australia’s best medal hopes at the Olympic Games
- Manly Sea Eagles vs Wests Tigers NRL: Start time and how to watch free
- How to watch Carlton Blues vs North Melbourne Kangaroos AFL live and match preview