Travel Deals For This Weekend: Brisbane, Palm Cove and Whitsundays
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
If you haven't hit holiday-mode yet, you still have time to start. Maybe, say, as early as this weekend?
With the kids yet to go on break, you can soak up the summer sunshine without the little ones and the peak Christmas holiday prices. That's win-win, right?
To help you along, we've uncovered the hottest weekend trips for this weekend 15-17 December 2017.
Take an extended break this weekend and tan up on Brisbane's beaches with this super cheap getaway.
From just $419 per person, it includes economy flights on Tigerair and three nights' stay in a superior room at the Sofitel Brisbane Central.
Flights depart Friday afternoon and return Monday morning, so you'll need to take Friday off early and pop back into work Monday a touch late. At these prices though, it might be worth it.
Escape Melbourne for a long weekend with your sights set for Palm Cove. Don't worry, it can cost as little as $697 and two days off work.
Who doesn't love a few days off work, right?
This deal includes three nights' accommodation at The Reef House Palm Cove MGallery by Sofitel from 14-17 December and budget flights on Tigerair.
Your trip takes off on Thursday morning but later flights are available for a fee.
DIY: Brisbane-Whitsundays from $450, including flights + 2 nights
From Brisbane, the cheapest round-trip flights this weekend are for the Proserpine/The Whitsundays. Flights out on Friday afternoon and back by lunch on Sunday are down to $190 return on Jetstar according to Skyscanner.
Couple that with a two-night stay at the A&A Motel for $260 for two nights and you're sitting pretty with a weekend break from $450 per person.
And you won't even have to take time off work for it. Well, you might have to leave a little early on Friday, but your boss should understand!
Hot staycation deals for this weekend:
Sticking around instead? Spoil yourself with a night out on the town using these hot deals:
- $119: Overnight stay in Adelaide, SA. Stay at the Hotel Grand Chancellor on Hindley for $119 per night. Your stay includes a bottle of wine on arrival, off-street parking and free Wi-Fi. Book with Scoopon.
- $169: Overnight stay on Brighton Beach, NSW. Wake up to ocean views at the 4.5-star Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach. On top of your room, you'll receive two drink vouchers, free car parking and Wi-Fi. The price is for a bayview king room with the option to upgrade for a fee. Book with Scoopon.
- $259: Two-night stay on the Sunshine Coast, QLD. While the weekend away at The Sebel Pelican Waters Golf Resort & Spa. Located in the seaside town of Caloundra, your stay includes a resort room for two, daily continental breakfast, late check-out, free Wi-Fi and discounts at the on-site restaurant and spa. Book with Scoopon.
Each week, Travel Deals For This Weekend will let you know about the last-minute holiday deals that you can book for the upcoming weekend. All flights, hotels and holiday packages are available to book for the weekend at the time of writing.
- Cheap Travel Deals of the Week: AirAsia, Accor, DiDi, Skydive Australia
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Hong Kong, Europe and anywhere with AirAsia
- Best places to cruise in November
- Cheap Travel Deals of the Week: Jetstar, P&O Cruises, Hamilton Island
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Europe, South Pacific and Canada