Travel Deals for this Weekend: Tropical North Queensland, Sunshine Coast, Adelaide
Get in before the big December rush.
The sun is out and the year is coming to a close so if you want to beat the holiday crowd you'll want to get away soon.
Say, this weekend?
To sweeten the deal we've uncovered the best travel deals that take off Friday 1 December and return you back to the 9-5 by Monday 4 December.
Package: Sydney to Palm Cove (Tropical North Queensland) from $542 per person, including flights + 2 nights
It's rare that we see last-minute travel drop this low, but Expedia has packaged up a holiday away we're hard pressed to pass up.
You'll be staying in the Reef House Palm Cove MGallery by Sofitel in the king studio room and flying Virgin Australia there and back. You'll fly out early Saturday morning and return early Monday morning. So be prepared to tell your boss you'll be in a little late.
Price wise, you're looking to save over $360 per person. Booked separately, your accommodation comes up to $478 already and flights direct with Virgin Australia start from $430.
Hit up the beach this weekend Melbournians. Lastminute has a dirty weekend planned for you that can cost as little as $505 per person.
Your hotel is the BreakFree Alexandra Beach and your room has views over the pool. Flights take off on Friday morning and fly back on Sunday morning. Both are operated by Jetstar.
Price wise, you're looking at savings of $269. Booked separately, accommodation comes up at $370 and flights from $404.
Weekends are the ideal time to hop into a car and go on a road tripping adventure to a neighbouring city. With this relocation deal, you can put the pedal to the metal bound for Adelaide for just $5 a day with DriveNow.
You'll be travelling via Action Pod which comes equipped with foldout double bed, so all you need to do is book into a camping ground or two on your drive.
You've a minimum hire of 3 days and pick-up has to be Saturday, meaning you'll have the car until Monday. You'll also get 1,279km free with your hire.
Hot staycation deals for this weekend:
Sticking around instead? Spoil yourself with a night out on the town using these hot deals:
- $129: Overnight stay in Melbourne, VIC. Stay at the Hyatt Place Melbourne for $129 per night. Your stay includes daily breakfast for two, welcome drink per adult guest, late-checkout and $10 parking. Book with Scoopon.
- $169: Overnight stay on Brighton Beach, NSW. Spend a night on the beachfront staying at the 4.5 star Novotel Brighton Beach. On top of the luxe location you'll receive Wi-Fi access, car parking access and two drink vouchers Book with Scoopon.
Each week, Travel Deals For This Weekend will let you know about the last-minute holiday deals that you can book for the upcoming weekend. All flights, hotels and holiday packages are available to book for the weekend at the time of writing.
- UPDATED: What to know about the Tasmanian border reopening
- Klook’s new tour brings a taste of Europe to the Hunter Valley: Here’s our review
- Queensland reopens its borders to NSW: Here’s what you need to know
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?