Travel Deals for this Weekend: Gold Coast, Melbourne and Launceston
Finish November with a bang.
With just over a month to go until Christmas, you might already have Christmas brain.
That is, you might already be in holiday mode.
If you're seeking some time away but don't want to deal with the Christmas crowds or peak prices, November is the time to take off for a break.
And with the last November weekend knocking on our doors, we've uncovered some of the best bargain breaks you can take from Friday 24 November to Sunday 26 November.
OK, we might be stretching this weekend a little far, but you really do deserve some early time off before the silly season. And Expedia is the agent to book with. It has a four-night package deal to the Gold Coast for just over $561 per person.
The trip is from 24-28 November, flying and staying at the Novotel Surfers Paradise which overlooks the beach. Flights take off Friday night, so you will only have to take Monday and Tuesday off.
If a trip to Gold Coast doesn't suit, Sydneysiders can also take advantage of lastminute.com.au's weekend trip to Melbourne.
This package is for Thursday 23 November to Sunday 26 November, so again, you'll have to take a day off. Flights are with Jetstar and your stay is at the Mantra Bell City.
For those who like to build their own package, Melbourne is getting a treat with last-minute weekend trips coming from $374.
You'll fly Jetstar on Friday night and return Sunday evening, making this the perfect weekend getaway from $176 each. Couple that with a $198 two-night stay at The Old Bakery Inn and you're all set.
Hot staycation deals for this weekend:
Sticking around instead? Spoil yourself with a night out on the town using these hot deals:
- $99: Overnight stay in Melbourne, VIC. Stay at the Melbourne Glen Waverley Hotel for $99 per night with the option to upgrade to include breakfast in your package for $119. Your stay includes a complimentary bottle of wine and late check-out. Book with Scoopon.
- $349: Two-night stay on Fraser Island, QLD. Spend the weekend on Fraser Island staying at Eurong Beach Resort where you'll be pampered with free transfers, a bottle of wine and late check-out. Book with Groupon.
- $619: Three-night summer escape in the Snowy Mountains, NSW. Stay at the Novotel Lake Crackenback Resort & Spa. Bookings are available from October 2017 to March 2018, excluding the Christmas holiday peak dates. Book with Scoopon
- $229: Three-night resort stay at Lakes Entrance, VIC. Stay at Esplanada Resort, which is located on the eastern end of Gippsland Lakes. Your getaway includes a three-night stay, six $50 spa vouchers, Wi-Fi, parking and late check-out. Book with Scoopon.
Each week, Travel Deals For This Weekend will let you know about the last-minute holiday deals that you can book for the upcoming weekend. All flights, hotels and holiday packages are available to book for the weekend at the time of writing.
- New international travel rules: Quarantine, visas, airlines and more [UPDATED]
- $200 off: Flight Centre’s best 5 international travel deals
- 5 cheapest places to fly to when Australia’s international borders reopen
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details