Travelling with bub is a cinch when you have these top accessories handy.
Feeling overwhelmed about travelling with your baby? Rest assured you’re not the first.
It’s no mean feat to travel with a baby, but packing the right travel accessories to keep you and your little one happy during your journey can make all the difference.
So once you’ve finished packing their clothes, nappies, formula and favourite toys, save some room to include these travel wonders in your suitcase, too.
From handy food containers to discreet feeding blankets, these items will make feeding on the go easy.
Bebitza baby breastfeeding blanket in cobalt blue
B.box essential travel bib shining star
When booking a hotel, make sure your room has a tub to sit a baby bath in so washing your little one isn’t a drama.
4-in-1 Baby-Friendly Cleanser
Roger Armstrong flat and foldable baby bath in grey
Apple park bath wrap - bunny
Even if it’s not summer, protecting your child’s delicate skin from a young age is a must. Look after them with these sun-safe accessories.
Kiddie concepts baby sunglasses - red
Hollie and Harrie sombrilla sunshade - afternoon delight
Toys are essential to entertain and calm your bub when he or she is stressed or bored on long trips.
70pc Kids Wooden Play Toy Transportation Train Set
You might not always have access to the right facilities when your baby has a wet nappy, so keep these handy when travelling.
After touch instant wipes
For peace of mind, don’t forget to pack a thermometer, rash cream and any other medication your bub may need.
i-Fever bluetooth baby body thermometer
Priceline first aid kit 1 kit
Wotnot baby balm
Out and about
On top of the stroller, you might like to bring a carrier and wrap for short walks.
Baby Sling Wrap
Amazon US site
When booking your flight and hotel, remember to request a bassinet or cot for your little one. Packing some comfortable and familiar bedding will help your baby sleep better. If the hotel cannot provide a cot, we’ve included some travel cots here too.
Essential baby travel items
Not sure if you’ve packed everything? On top of the accessories listed above, make sure you’ve brought these baby must-haves with you for the trip.
- Clothes. Pack enough for each day plus a few more changes in case of accidents. This includes bodysuits, vests, socks and a wrap.
- Nappies and a nappy bag: Bring enough for each day, or at least until you can get to a supermarket. A change mat and nappy rash cream are also essentials.
- Folding stroller. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just something strong and lightweight that folds easily.
- Safety items. If your baby starts to crawl around, be sure you have a safety gate or travel playpen with you.
- Toiletries. Don’t forget baby soap, shampoo, skin creams, and toothbrush and toothpaste, if required.