Access interest rate for first months, complimentary insurance and generous credit limits with Transport Mutual Credit Union MyCard Platinum MasterCard.
This product is no longer on offer from Transport Mutual Credit Union. The credit card cannot be applied for, however, the information on this page has been kept for the benefit of existing customers and for those who are interested.
If you'd like to compare related offers, please head over to the Platinum credit cards page.
The card also offers complimentary insurance including international travel insurance, purchase cover insurance, transit accident insurance and more.
Transport Mutual Credit Union MyCard Platinum MasterCard review
Transport Mutual Credit Union celebrated its 50th anniversary in 2014 and has established itself as a competitive player in the financial sector. The Platinum MasterCard can bring a new level of luxury and benefits for credit cardholders. These services include complimentary insurance, Platinum Concierge Service and reward points.
The initial interest on balance transfers and purchases for months also lowers the interest costs for this card. However, the card is currently only available to applicants who receive an annual income of at least $35,000.
Benefits of MyCard Platinum MasterCard
- Low initial interest rate. Cardholders can receive the benefit of interest rate on all purchases and balance transfers for the first months. After this period they revert to the standard rates.
- Complimentary insurance. This card provides complimentary insurance including international travel insurance, transit accident insurance, purchase cover insurance and more. These insurance offers could be useful for frequent travelers and regular spenders.
- Reward point. Every $1 spent on the card earns 1.25 reward points which do not expire while the account remains open.
- Low annual fees. New customers can use the card at a discounted annual fee of $179 for life.
Features of MyCard Platinum MasterCard
- Higher credit limit. Cardholders can take advantage of a maximum credit limit of $30,000 for purchases and balance transfers. The limit you’re approved for initially can be increased further in the future if you satisfy the credit criteria.
- Platinum Concierge Service. A free service to cardholders, the Platinum Concierge Service provide users with exclusive information regarding travel, entertainment, shopping and executive services.
- General MasterCard features. This card also includes regular MasterCard features such as additional security.
How to apply for MyCard Platinum MasterCard
If you have decided that the MyCard Platinum MasterCard is right for you, you can apply online.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
- Applicants must earn an income of at least $35,000 p.a.
- A good credit rating is required for the card
- The cardholder must be a permanent resident of Australia
- This includes name, date of birth, driver’s license information, marital status and number of dependents
- Current address details along with rent/mortgage for the house. Contact details are also required.
- This includes the salary and expenses status for the individual
- Employer details and trading name including address and contact details. Accountant information should be provided for self-employed individuals
This card could be of value for cardholders who want to make use of numerous features while also earning reward points. As other cards offer similar features, compare your options before making a decision.Back to top