TPG cuts entry level prepaid plan price
Get 1.5GB of data plus calls and texts for $10 per month on TPG's lowest priced plan.
When telcos cut prices, it’s usually from their highest price tiers to entice you to spend more. TPG has taken the alternate route, chopping the price of its lowest cost prepaid service down to $10 per month from its usual $19.99 price point.
The deal is only available to new TPG customers, so if you’re an existing user you’re out of luck. It applies for six months from commencement of the service as long as you sign up before 29 February 2016.
1.5GB isn't an immense amount of data, but it is well above what is fast becoming the industry "standard" for excess data at $10/GB, so there is some obvious value there even if you didn't go anywhere near the call and text allowances.
The move makes the lowest-cost TPG service quite compelling, given that it is the only MVNO to offer access to Vodafone’s 4G network. It even compares quite favourably against TPG’s own higher-cost plans, as you can see below. So if you don't need a very large data allowance, it's a special that's worth investigating (after all, you can always switch again when the six months are up).
- What’s the cheapest way to get 5G?
- Does new green brand Felix mean cheaper mobile plans soon?
- Get access to Australia’s largest 5G network with a Telstra iPhone 12 plan
- What’s the cheapest way to get an iPhone 12 plan in Australia?
- Get “infinite” data when you sign up to an iPhone 12 plan with Vodafone