Toyota RAV4 Car Insurance
Shedding light on car insurance prices
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Average Toyota RAV4 insurance costs
The average comprehensive insurance policy for a Toyota RAV4 is $96 a month — or $1,005 a year. Your actual cost could be more or less depending on your driving record, the number of kilometres you drive in a year and other factors. To determine our estimated cost, we aggregated quotes from 5 insurance companies using this profile:
- 2017 Toyota RAV4
- Over 30,000 kilometres driven yearly
- No accidents in the past five years
- Driver located in Sydney
- Car parked in garage at night
- Black vehicle
Other factors that can affect your auto insurance rate
- The Toyota RAV4’s model year
- The colour of the vehicle
- The amount of coverage you need
- The estimated kilometres you drive in a year
- The vehicle’s safety and anti-theft features
- The driver’s location
- The driver’s age
- The driver’s driving history in the past five years
- The driver’s marital status
- The driver’s gender
About the Toyota RAV4
The Toyota RAV4 has been around since 1994 and it is currently in its fourth generation. The compact SUV is known for its spacious interior and long list of standard features. According to the 2017 VFACTS report, the RAV4 was Australia’s 12th most purchased car in 2017, coming in at 21K models sold for the year. Insurance companies determine the insurance cost for a Toyota RAV4 based on safety ratings, theft rates, replacement costs and overall damage susceptibility. Insurance rates can change based on your driving history and location. If you’re considering a Toyota RAV4, grab quotes from several insurance companies to find the lowest premium possible before you commit. Do your research to see if you qualify for insurance discounts.
Random Toyota Facts
- Toyota Motor Corporation was founded in 1937 and is one of the most well known Japanese automobile manufacturers. The company came to Australia in 1958.
- Since 2012, Toyota has produced more than 10 million cars per year, and is the first automobile company to achieve this feat.
- Approximately 80 percent of Toyota vehicles that were sold 20 years ago are still being used today.
- The Toyota Corolla is the fastest selling car in the world. On average, a Corolla model is sold every 27 seconds.
How does the Toyota RAV4 compare?
Different Toyota models range in price, and can reach up to $124,000. The Toyota RAV4 sits on the comparatively affordable end with a base price of $26,990. With the average insurance rate of $1,005 per year, the annual insurance cost-to-base car price ratio is 3.7%.
How safe is the Toyota RAV4?
The Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) gave the Toyota RAV4 a 5-Star overall safety rating. The popular medium-sized SUV achieved a perfect 16 out of 16 score for the side impact crash test and 13.56 out of 16 for the frontal offset crash test. The latest model of the RAV4 includes anti-lock brakes, reversing collision avoidance and electronic stability control.
More guides on Finder
Porsche 911 car insurance
Want to insure a Porsche 911? Here are things we think you should know.
Mercedes-Benz G-Class luxury car insurance
Find out about how to insure the luxury Mercedes-AMG G 63 4x4 SUV.
2021 Toyota Supra: What’s new?
Here are all the changes Toyota made to the 2021 Supra GR!
Used car values: what helps a car retain its value?
Gumtree reveals data that could help used and new car buyers save money
Upcoming hybrid and electric car comparison
Compare soon-to-launch electric and hybrid cars.
Mercedes-Benz E-Class car insurance
Find out how much the average Mercedes-Benz E-Class costs to insure, as well as how to find a prestige car insurer.
Porsche Taycan car insurance
Looking for cover for a Porsche Taycan luxury electric sportscar?
2018 Toyota HiLux Review
Looking to purchase a 4x4 ute? It might be worth adding the 2018 Toyota HiLux to your shortlist.
Hybrid car insurance comparison
Compare hybrid car insurance quotes.
Every hybrid car in Australia ranked
We've ranked every hybrid vehicle available in Australia.
Ask an Expert