Get Comprehensive Cover for Touring School Groups with the Toursafe Travel Insurance Policy from Easy Travel Insurance
The many insurance policies educational institutions have in place will typically not cover external trips, which is why a specialist group travel insurance policy is needed to provide the necessary cover. Toursafe School Group Travel Insurance from Easy Travel Insurance provides cover suited to the travel needs of school and university students and teachers, as well as their educational institutions.
Designed for tours and trips in Australia and overseas, Toursafe School Group Travel Insurance covers overseas medical expenses, luggage and personal belongings, travel delay and much more. The insurance is issued by QBE Insurance Group, the largest international general insurer in Australia.
Receive a quote for Toursafe Travel Insurance from Easy Travel Insurance
- Cancellation Fees and Lost Deposits. If unexpected circumstances beyond your control — including retrenchment, accident or illness and strike — force you to cancel or abandon your trip, cover is provided for any cancellation fees you are charged and non-refundable deposits you have paid.
- Overseas Medical, Hospital, Dental and Related Expenses. Only available on international plans, this covers the overseas emergency medical and hospital costs incurred by any insured person.
- Cash In Hospital. An allowance is paid to cover out-of-pocket expenses while an insured person is hospitalised overseas.
- Luggage. This covers loss, theft and damage to luggage and personal belongings during your trip, providing for the cost of their repair or replacement.
- Sporting Equipment. This benefit covers loss or damage to sporting equipment such as surfboards, bodyboards, golf clubs, skis, snowboards and tennis racquets. However, the items are not covered while they are in use.
- Luggage Specified Items. This benefit allows you to take out a higher level of cover for valuable items, for example cameras and certain items of sporting equipment.
- Emergency Cover If Luggage Is Delayed. This benefit provides cover for the cost of purchasing essential items such as clothing and toiletries when luggage is delayed for more than a specified period.
- Emergency Expenses. When your trip is disrupted by unforeseen circumstances beyond your control, Toursafe School Group Travel Insurance covers the additional accommodation, meal and travel expenses that result.
- Travel Delay. If a carrier delays you for more than 10 hours, cover is available for your additional accommodation and meal expenses.
- Accidental Death. The policy offers a lump sum benefit if an insured person dies as a result of an injury they suffer during the trip.
- Accidental Disability. This provides you with a lump sum benefit if you suffer an accidental injury during your trip that results in disablement.
- Replacement Teacher / Adult Group. If a teacher or adult group supervisor is unable to complete the trip because of injury or illness or because of the death or serious injury/illness of a family, this benefit covers the cost of replacing that person.
- Your Liability For Causing Loss Or Damage To Property, Injury Or Death. This covers your liability and your legal expenses when you cause damage to someone else’s property or bodily injury to someone else.
- Loss of Income. This benefit provides compensation if you are injured during your trip and unable to return to work when you return home.
- Financial Default. This Toursafe policy offers financial compensation if your travel services provider defaults financially.
|Schedule of Benefits (per person)||Domestic Travel Plan||International Travel Plan|
|APPLICABLE LIMITS||APPLICABLE LIMITS|
|Cancellation Charges – Lost Deposits||$5,000||$10,000|
|Overseas Medical & Hospital Costs and Related Expenses||Not Applicable||Unlimited|
|Cash-in Hospital ($50 per day||$2,000||$4,000|
|Luggage & Personal Effects (including travel documents)||$2,500||$5,000|
|Emergency – Additional Expenses||$10,000||$25,000|
|Travel Delays caused by carriers overseas||$300||$500|
|Hijack & kidnap ($1,000 per day)||$4,000||$6,000|
|Special Events Missed Connection||$2,000||$2,000|
|Accidental Death||Adult $15,000/Student $5,000||Adult $20,000/student $5,000|
|Loss of Income Benefits (adults only)||$400 per week||$400 per week|
|Financial Default of Travel Service Providers||$4,000||$4,000|
Toursafe School Group Travel Insurance claims will not be paid if:
- You fail to take reasonable steps to protect yourself and your property and to minimise your loss.
- Your claim arises due to you hunting, racing or playing professional sport.
- Your claim relates to you, your travelling companion or anyone else upon whom your trip depends being under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- You act illegally or break any government regulation.
- It arises due to war, insurrection or rebellion.
- It is for consequential loss of any kind, for example loss of enjoyment.
- You are not a permanent resident of Australia or you do not plan to return to Australia at the end of your trip.
- You travel against medical advice or for the purpose of seeking medical advice or treatment.
- Your claim is for illness or injury and you received a terminal or metastatic prognosis prior to taking out cover.
- It is for diving underwater using an artificial breathing apparatus (unless you hold an open water diving licence or were diving with a licensed instructor)
- It arises because you were operating a motorcycle without a valid licence to do so in the country you were in.
- It is for the insolvency or financial default of a travel agent.
- It arises because a government authority seizes, withholds or destroys anything.
- It arises due to any pre-existing medical condition (unless the insurer agrees to provide cover)
- It arises because you ignore mass media advice or an Australian Government warning against travelling to a particular country.
- It arises because the government of a country refuses to allow you to enter.
- It is for loss or damage to sporting equipment while it is in use.
- Additional Specified Items Cover. You can arrange additional cover of up to $4,000 for any high-value item you are taking on your trip, with a maximum total allowable increase of $8,000. You’ll need to pay an additional premium of 4 per cent of the value of these specified items.
- Cover of Existing Health Disorder. You can apply to the insurer to obtain cover for your pre-existing medical condition. If approved, you’ll need to pay an additional premium of $75 per person on an International Plan and $50 per person on a Domestic Plan.
If you need to make a claim, it’s important that you get in touch with QBE (the issuer of the insurance) as soon as possible using the below contact details:
QBE Travel Claims Department
PO Box 12090
Melbourne VIC 8006
Claims Enquiries: 1300 306 559 or (03) 8805 2777
You’ll need to provide your certificate of insurance and any other information the insurer requests to process your claim. This may include police reports, medical reports, transport provider’s reports, receipts, valuations or proof of ownership.
It’s also worth remembering that you will need to pay an excess when making a claim under some sections of the policy.Back to top
Q. Who underwrites the policy?
- Toursafe School Group Travel Insurance is underwritten by QBE (Australia) Insurance Limited.
Q. Will I be able to access emergency assistance while overseas?
- Yes. You can phone the QBE Assist team 24 hours a day, seven days a week from anywhere in the world.
Q. Are there any special conditions that apply to cover?
- Yes. This policy is available if all school group members are covered. Each group must have a minimum of 10 students and one teacher.
Q. Is there a maximum age limit?
- Toursafe School Group Travel Insurance is only available to travellers aged 60 years and under.
Q. What about if our group is travelling on a domestic cruise?
- You will need to take out an International Plan as the situation may arise where overseas medical cover needs to be provided.
Q. Are any adventure activities covered?
- Yes. Toursafe School Group Travel Insurance covers a wide range of adventure activities including snow skiing, bungee jumping, para sailing and trekking.
Q. What about if group members want to play competitive amateur sport on the trip?
- A range of competitive amateur organised sport activities are covered, including soccer, hockey and tennis.
Q. Is there a cooling-off period?
- Yes, You have 14 days to decide whether or not this cover is right for you, provided your trip has not commenced and you have not made a claim.
Q. How can I apply for cover for my existing health disorder?
- You will need to obtain a Travellers medical Assessment Form from Easy Travel Insurance and complete it. In some cases, your doctor may also have to complete a declaration as part of the form. You can then send it back to the insurer for assessment.
Q. How much cover is provided for overseas medical and hospital expenses?
- Toursafe School Group Travel Insurance provides unlimited cover for this benefit.
Toursafe School Group Travel Insurance offers a broad range of benefits and comprehensive cover for school trips. Compare it with similar policies from other insurers to find a policy that offers value for money and the protection you need.
Looking to get cover for your touring school group with Toursafe?
If you are looking to get cover in place for your touring school group you can submit an application via the Easy Travel Insurance website. You will need to complete the application form for cover on the Easy Travel Insurance website with details of your groups trip details including:
- Dates of travel
- Number of students
- Number of adults
Easy travel insurance will review your application and provide you with a quote for cover. Protection will begin as soon as Easy receives the necessary form and issues a group policy certificate.