Up to 50% off worldwide flights
A trip to Toronto is guaranteed to be filled with lots of exploring, eating and creating great memories. Known for its diverse atmosphere, travellers will feel the buzz that fills the city of Toronto.
Here’s a handy guide to making the experience run as smoothly as possible.
See our latest Toronto flight deals
Toronto flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 20 hrs 10 mins + with one stopover, landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 22 hrs + with one stopover, landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 19 hrs 40 mins + with one stopover, landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 26 hrs + with two stopovers, landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport
Airlines that fly to Toronto
- Air Canada
- Cathay Pacific
- United Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Toronto insider flight tips
- There are no direct flights from Australia to Toronto. Despite that, you can get from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne to Toronto in less that 24 hours.
- Toronto Pearson Airport is the largest airport in Toronto and is where flights originating from Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Cairns, Canberra, Darwin and Perth will land. The smaller Billy Bishop Airport, which is on an island just west of the downtown core, offers regional flights.
How to get around Toronto from the airport
Hire cars, private transfers and Ubers are available to take travellers from Toronto Pearson Airport to their onward destination. Note that city taxis are not available for pick-up at the airport and only specially licensed taxis and limos can pick you up at the airport. A typical Uber fare from the terminal to the centre of Toronto costs about CAD$90. If you’re going straight into Toronto city you can catch the Union Pearson Express from the airport to Union Station in downtown Toronto. The journey takes 25 minutes and costs just over CAD$12 for an adult one-way. The Brampton Transit, Go Transit, and Greyhound bus services also operate from the ground level at Terminal 1.
More guides on Finder
EOFY flight sales for 2023
Bag a bargain on flights out of Australia with this year's best end of financial year flight sales.
AirAsiaX Review: Cebu to Sydney via Kuala Lumpur
Long layovers and delays, but once onboard the service and food made up for all.
South African Airways Review: Perth to Cape Town (via Johannesburg)
With Toto set on repeat for the 16-hour (including transfers) journey, here’s how flying with South Africa’s national carrier went.
Cebu Pacific Review: Sydney to Manila
Heading from Sydney to Manila for work, I was concerned about entertainment for the 8-hour flight, but with a bit of preparation, the journey is just fine.
Emirates review: Sydney to Christchurch
Does the 4-star Emirates live up to the hype? We took the airline for a spin to see just how good the award-winning airline really is.
Afterpay flights and travel guide
Everything you need to know about Afterpay for travel.
6 sites to book flights online all jetsetters should know about
Hoping to fly the friendly skies but not sure where to start? Check out these nine sites to book flights online and find the best sales and deals available.
Latest airline news
All the airline news you need to know.
7 sites to layby flights so you can book now and pay later
Secure that flight using book now pay later or fare-hold services with these airlines.
11 of the best ways to score a flight upgrade
See how the other half live without paying for it. Check out these tips on how to get an upgrade for less on your next flight.
Ask an Expert