Return flights to Canada from $1,272
Flights to Toronto for 2022
Make your flight to Toronto Pearson Airport seamless with these top tips.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
A trip to Toronto is guaranteed to be filled with lots of exploring, eating and creating great memories. Known for its diverse atmosphere, travellers will feel the buzz that fills the city of Toronto.
Here’s a handy guide to making the experience run as smoothly as possible.
See our latest Toronto flight deals
Toronto flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 20 hrs 10 mins + with one stopover, landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 22 hrs + with one stopover, landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 19 hrs 40 mins + with one stopover, landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 26 hrs + with two stopovers, landing at Toronto Pearson International Airport
Airlines that fly to Toronto
- Air Canada
- Cathay Pacific
- United Airlines
- Virgin Australia
Toronto insider flight tips
- There are no direct flights from Australia to Toronto. Despite that, you can get from Sydney, Brisbane and Melbourne to Toronto in less that 24 hours.
- Toronto Pearson Airport is the largest airport in Toronto and is where flights originating from Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Melbourne, Cairns, Canberra, Darwin and Perth will land. The smaller Billy Bishop Airport, which is on an island just west of the downtown core, offers regional flights.
How to get around Toronto from the airport
Hire cars, private transfers and Ubers are available to take travellers from Toronto Pearson Airport to their onward destination. Note that city taxis are not available for pick-up at the airport and only specially licensed taxis and limos can pick you up at the airport. A typical Uber fare from the terminal to the centre of Toronto costs about CAD$90. If you’re going straight into Toronto city you can catch the Union Pearson Express from the airport to Union Station in downtown Toronto. The journey takes 25 minutes and costs just over CAD$12 for an adult one-way. The Brampton Transit, Go Transit, and Greyhound bus services also operate from the ground level at Terminal 1.
More guides on Finder
Greenest airlines in Australia
The Finder Green Awards have recognised the airlines who are committing to a greener future.
How airlines are keeping you safe during the pandemic
Fly Well packs, pre-screenings, increased cleaning and more. Here's what to expect when you fly again.
Cheap flights to Christchurch (CHC) you can book in 2022
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Flexible flights: 15 airlines and sites where you can book
Want peace of mind on your next trip? These airlines are offering you flexibility when you need it most.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2022
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2022
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2022
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Cheap flights to Coffs Habour (CFS) and deals for 2022
Find out how much you should be paying for flights, the best time to book and transport options with our guide for booking flights to Coffs Harbour.
Cheap flights to Tasmania for 2022
From the best prices to where the airport is, here is everything you need to know about flying to Tasmania.
Australian Open flight deals for 2022
Find all the Australian Open 2022 flight deals right here.
Ask an Expert