Australia’s best teeth whitening kit: Our top pick for 2023
If you want whiter teeth, Smileflex is our top choice for 2023.
The number of teeth whitening solutions on the market seems to be multiplying by the day.
They all promise a brighter, whiter smile, so which one should you bite the bullet for and buy?
Our shopping experts assessed dozens of teeth whitening kits in Australia, with a focus on affordability, ease of use, customer feedback and lasting results.
When we combined every scoring metric, the Smileflex Sensitive Care Whitening Kit came out on top in 2023.
Here's why we chose it as the best overall teeth whitening kit for Australians.
The key to Smileflex's success is its custom-fitted trays that are crafted by dental technicians.
Instead of relying on a "one size fits all" product, the Smileflex Sensitive Care Whitening Kit requires customers to take impressions of their teeth with the supplied mould.
The company will then create a personalised whitening tray from the mould that perfectly fits your teeth. (3-way express delivery is provided free of charge.)
The custom-fitted trays not only provide a snugger, more comfortable fit but also enhance the efficacy of the whitening process with every tooth equally covered. Crucially, the tray does not require LED light activation.
Once you have received your trays, it's time to apply the dental-grade whitening gel.
The formula contains a powerful cocktail of whitening ingredients, including the following:
- Hydrogen Peroxide (6%): Hydrogen peroxide is one of the most common and effective teeth whitening agents in the cosmetic industry. It works by breaking down stains on the enamel and dentin, leading to brighter teeth.
- Propylene Glycol: Propylene Glycol helps maintain the stability and consistency of the gel, making it easier to apply and ensuring even distribution of the whitening agents on the teeth. Additionally, it can help keep the gel from drying out and prolong its shelf life.
- Sodium Citrate: Sodium Citrate is an oral care agent that cleans and polishes teeth while also deodorising the mouth.
- Menthol: Menthol is added to the formula to give it a pleasant, minty flavour.
- Xylitol: Xylitol is a sugar substitute that adds sweetness to the gel.
- Salicylic Acid: Salicylic Acid serves as an antibacterial agent. It also protect the formula from deteriorating when exposed to light.
- Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate: Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate is a common toothpaste ingredient that promotes plaque reduction. It also help to clean, deodorise and protect the oral cavity by removng traces of food.
While some of these ingredient names might sound a bit scary - we're pretty sure Xylitol is the name of a demon in an old horror movie - the formula is remarkably gentle on even the most sensitive teeth.
Smileflex's formula is effective at removing or reducing common tooth stains, including coffee, wine, tobacco and tetracycline.
In short, the Smileflex Sensitive Care Whitening Kit prioritises your comfort and safety while delivering impressive whitening results.
Here are the key features you need to know about the Smileflex Sensitive Care Whitening Kit:
- Dental grade gel formula
- Trays custom-fitted to your mouth
- No LED light activation needed
- Whitens, brightens and strengthens teeth
- Removes stains through pores on the tooth surface
- 6% Hydrogen Peroxide (18% Carbamide Peroxide equivalent)
- Results last up to 13x longer than LED whitening kits
Where to buy
You can purchase the Smileflex Sensitive Care Whitening Kit direct from Smileflex's online store for $349.
There are also several other options available for specific issues such as coffee stains.
Here are the links to buy:
Highlighting the best of the best
You are reading about a Finder Best Guide product, independently chosen by our shopping experts.