Top cooking classes for kids in Australia
Get your junior chef into the kitchen and experiencing flavours from around the world.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Spoil the mini-masterchef in your life with a fun and hands-on cooking class for kids. We've handpicked interactive cooking classes all around Australia for kids as young as two to learn on their own or side by side with mum or dad.
Where are you?
2 hour kids chocolate workshop, Brookvale from RedBalloon
- Class length: 2 hours
- Skill level required: No experience necessary, groups are kept to a maximum of 12. Appropriate for ages 5+.
- Sample dishes you'll learn to cook: Chocolate lollipops and cake balls. The class finishes with them decorating a take-home carry box.
- Why it's our pick: They will play games designed to educate during the chocolate tasting.
Superkids Sushi Class, Bondi Junction from Classbento
- Class length: 2.5 hours
- Cost: $150
- Skill level required/age requirement: xxx
- Sample dishes you'll learn to cook: Sushi – learn to hand-form mould and then roll sushi the proper way.
- Why it's our pick: It's a great parent-child activity, especially since your first child gets to participate for free with a paying adult. Afterwards, it's $50 per child.
Parent and child cooking class, Glen Iris from RedBalloon
- Class length: 1 hour
- Cost: $30
- Age requirement: Kids as young as 2 can participate, with an adult.
- Sample dishes you'll learn to cook: Bake a yummy sweet treat like cookies, lollipops or wands and swords.
- Why it's our pick: Kids get to play dress up with a chef’s hat and apron while they cook. This class helps to develop reading, maths, science, social and fine motor skills in a fun way.
Wood Fired Pizza Making, Mornington Peninsula from Adrenaline
- Class length: 3 hours
- Cost: $180
- Age requirement: Kids aged 12+
- Sample dishes you'll learn to cook: Pizza from scratch.
- Why it's our pick: Explore the beautiful gardens to hand pick your own herbs and veggies to top your creation. Kids will also learn the secrets of the perfect dough, the importance of yeast and how to cook with a wood fire oven.
Personalised Cooking Class, Golden Grove from Scoopon
- Class length: 90 minutes
- Cost: From $12
- Age requirement: 4+ years old
- Sample dishes you'll learn to cook: Various European, Middle East, Asian, French and "flavours from the garden" dishes.
- Why it's our pick: It's super cheap at just $12 per child (for 4-8 year olds) and has kids, tweens and adult classes so all can get involved.
Does your company belong in this list?
More guides on Finder
Finder Daily Deals: The 5 best online deals in Australia today
Enjoy 60% off the Healthy Choice Air Fryer, 25% off Dyson's Pure Hot+Cool Link Air Purifier and 21% off Dell's G7 17 Gaming Laptop.
Things to do on Boxing Day in Melbourne 2021
Go out for brunch, hit the beach, cruise the waterways and more. Here's what to get up to on Boxing Day in Melbourne.
How to start a mechanic business
Learn how you can get started on your journey to a profitable career as a mechanic.
Best tablets for kids in Australia
These are the best tablets for kids you can buy right now in Australia.
Where to buy the PlayStation 5 in Australia [Updated]
The fifth PlayStation console is set to launch on 12 November. We've rounded up all the places you can buy the PS5 in Australia.
Top sites to buy kids pyjamas online
Give your little one the sweetest of dreams with a pair of comfortable PJs from these leading online stores.
Where to buy masks in Sydney and New South Wales
With masks currently in high demand, we’ve rounded up where you can buy one in New South Wales.
Coffs Harbour Hotels | Where to stay in the Mid-North Coast city
Our recommendations of the best budget friendly motels, romantic cabins, luxe resorts and pet-friendly stays in and around Coffs Harbour.
Where to buy washable, reusable face masks in Australia
Protect yourself and the environment with a reusable face mask from one of these online stores.
Western Australia travel restrictions: Where you can go in January 2021
What you need to know before you travel in WA, including which attractions and national parks are open, where you can stay and the available modes of transport.
Ask an Expert