Get your junior chef into the kitchen and experiencing flavours from around the world.
Spoil the mini-masterchef in your life with a fun and hands-on cooking class for kids. We've handpicked interactive cooking classes all around Australia for kids as young as two to learn on their own or side by side with mum or dad.
Where are you?
2 hour kids chocolate workshop, Brookvale from RedBalloon
- Class length: 2 hours
- Skill level required: No experience necessary, groups are kept to a maximum of 12. Appropriate for ages 5+.
- Sample dishes you'll learn to cook: Chocolate lollipops and cake balls. The class finishes with them decorating a take-home carry box.
- Why it's our pick: They will play games designed to educate during the chocolate tasting.
Superkids Sushi Class, Bondi Junction from Classbento
- Class length: 2.5 hours
- Cost: $150
- Skill level required/age requirement: xxx
- Sample dishes you'll learn to cook: Sushi – learn to hand-form mould and then roll sushi the proper way.
- Why it's our pick: It's a great parent-child activity, especially since your first child gets to participate for free with a paying adult. Afterwards, it's $50 per child.
Parent and child cooking class, Glen Iris from RedBalloon
- Class length: 1 hour
- Cost: $30
- Age requirement: Kids as young as 2 can participate, with an adult.
- Sample dishes you'll learn to cook: Bake a yummy sweet treat like cookies, lollipops or wands and swords.
- Why it's our pick: Kids get to play dress up with a chef’s hat and apron while they cook. This class helps to develop reading, maths, science, social and fine motor skills in a fun way.
Wood Fired Pizza Making, Mornington Peninsula from Adrenaline
- Class length: 3 hours
- Cost: $180
- Age requirement: Kids aged 12+
- Sample dishes you'll learn to cook: Pizza from scratch.
- Why it's our pick: Explore the beautiful gardens to hand pick your own herbs and veggies to top your creation. Kids will also learn the secrets of the perfect dough, the importance of yeast and how to cook with a wood fire oven.
Personalised Cooking Class, Golden Grove from Scoopon
- Class length: 90 minutes
- Cost: From $12
- Age requirement: 4+ years old
- Sample dishes you'll learn to cook: Various European, Middle East, Asian, French and "flavours from the garden" dishes.
- Why it's our pick: It's super cheap at just $12 per child (for 4-8 year olds) and has kids, tweens and adult classes so all can get involved.