Cheap flights to Tokyo for 2021
Tips to fly from Australia to Tokyo international airports.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Tokyo is a prominent business, cultural and political hub in East Asia. Tokyo Haneda Airport and Narita Airport are the two main airports in Tokyo.
We did the research and found useful information about both Tokyo international airports, airlines flying into Tokyo and the best transport options to get from the airports to the city.
Tokyo flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 9 hrs 25 mins + when you fly direct to Haneda International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 10 hrs + when you fly direct to Narita International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 9 hrs 20 mins + when you fly direct to Narita International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 13 hrs + with one stopover, landing at Narita International Airport
Airlines that fly to Tokyo
- Air China
- Cathay Pacific
- Garuda Indonesia
- Singapore Airlines
- Haneda Airport and Narita Airport are the two main airports in Tokyo. Where you land will depend on what airline you fly with and the location you're flying from.
- Haneda Airport is located 14km from the city centre, making it the most convenient and best positioned airport to fly into. Narita Airport is situated 65km from the city centre, but high speed trains, coaches and taxis can transport you to and from the airport.
Haneda Airport is facilitated by Keikyu Airport line and Tokyo Monorail, both of which are convenient options. They take around 30 minutes to reach the inner city and cost $6-$11. Taxis from Haneda range from $75-75 while shared limos cost $8-$11. Door-to-door airport shuttles are also available from $44.
From Narita Airport, The Narita Express takes around an hour to get to the city and costs $28-$33.Taxis cost $310-$370 while shared limousine buses cost $11-$35. Airport transfers cost around $61 from Narita Airport. Uber is also available throughout Tokyo, though fares are quite similar to what taxis charge.
More guides on Finder
Where can I travel from Australia in 2021?
Discover exactly what you need to know about leaving Australia.
Western Australia travel restrictions: Where you can go in June 2021
What you need to know before you travel in WA, including which attractions and national parks are open, where you can stay and the available modes of transport.
Queensland travel restrictions | What’s open in June 2021?
Here’s everything you need to know about travelling in Australia’s sunshine state in June 2021.
Northern Territory travel restrictions | Where you can go in June 2021
Everything you need to know about accommodation, attractions, national parks and transport to safely travel around the NT.
South Australia travel restrictions: What can I do in June 2021?
Here's everything you need to know on the current South Australia travel restrictions.
Tasmania travel restrictions | Where you can go in June 2021
Read our up-to-date guide on the accommodation, tourist attractions and travel services open in Tasmania as well as any rules and restrictions you should know about.
Cheap flights to Christchurch you can book in 2021
From deals to travel times to airlines, we’ve got the information you need to book your flight to Christchurch.
Cheap flights to Queensland you can book in 2021
Secure flights to Brisbane, Cairns, Gold Coast, Townsville and more with this guide to finding cheap flights to Queensland.
Cheap Lord Howe Island (LDH) flights for 2021
Find all of the flight and transportation information you need for your upcoming trip to Lord Howe Island.
Cheap flights to Newcastle (NTL) for 2021
Plan your trip to Newcastle with this guide that includes everything you need to know about booking flights and transport.
Ask an Expert