Flights to Japan from $794 return
Cheap flights to Tokyo for 2021
Tips to fly from Australia to Tokyo international airports.
We’re reader-supported and may be paid when you visit links to partner sites. We don’t compare all products in the market, but we’re working on it!
Tokyo is a prominent business, cultural and political hub in East Asia. Tokyo Haneda Airport and Narita Airport are the two main airports in Tokyo.
We did the research and found useful information about both Tokyo international airports, airlines flying into Tokyo and the best transport options to get from the airports to the city.
Tokyo flight time
- From Sydney: Approximately 9 hrs 25 mins + when you fly direct to Haneda International Airport
- From Melbourne: Approximately 10 hrs + when you fly direct to Narita International Airport
- From Brisbane: Approximately 9 hrs 20 mins + when you fly direct to Narita International Airport
- From Perth: Approximately 13 hrs + with one stopover, landing at Narita International Airport
Airlines that fly to Tokyo
- Air China
- Cathay Pacific
- Garuda Indonesia
- Singapore Airlines
- Haneda Airport and Narita Airport are the two main airports in Tokyo. Where you land will depend on what airline you fly with and the location you're flying from.
- Haneda Airport is located 14km from the city centre, making it the most convenient and best positioned airport to fly into. Narita Airport is situated 65km from the city centre, but high speed trains, coaches and taxis can transport you to and from the airport.
Haneda Airport is facilitated by Keikyu Airport line and Tokyo Monorail, both of which are convenient options. They take around 30 minutes to reach the inner city and cost $6-$11. Taxis from Haneda range from $75-75 while shared limos cost $8-$11. Door-to-door airport shuttles are also available from $44.
From Narita Airport, The Narita Express takes around an hour to get to the city and costs $28-$33.Taxis cost $310-$370 while shared limousine buses cost $11-$35. Airport transfers cost around $61 from Narita Airport. Uber is also available throughout Tokyo, though fares are quite similar to what taxis charge.
More guides on Finder
How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs Bayern Munich live and match preview
Giants of German football face off in one of Europe's biggest rivalries.
How to watch Melbourne City vs Western United A-League live and match preview
Champions Melbourne City host Western United in round 3 of the 2021 A-League season.
F1 world title: How Max Verstappen can become champion this weekend
There are 4 ways Max Verstappen can win the F1 title in the Saudi Arabian GP. We've laid them all out.
Where to watch ER online in Australia
The emergency room is no place for the faint of heart.
Binance tutorial for total beginners (2021) – Hands-on steps to buying crypto
We run through how you buy and trade cryptocurrencies on the Binance exchange.
Ethereum within 2% of new all-time-high price as another global brand adopts NFTs
The past 7 days have seen ETH iron out its recent volatility-induced losses.
Bitcoin’s stagnation is alarming and could be followed by more bearish price action
The last 30-days have seen BTC register substantial losses of over 10%.
Australia’s best weekend deals for December 3, 2021
Australia's best weekend deals include 50% off at BCF, half-price ASICS shoes at Foot Locker, 80% off hot fashion at Nasty Gal.
Finder Daily Deals: The 7 best deals in Australia today
Today's best online deals include: $130 off Philips air fryers, $250 off Apple AirPods Max, 50% off at Myer.
What’s the last day you can shop online for Christmas? Retail cut-off dates
Here are the Christmas delivery cut-off dates for 50 major Australian retailers.
Ask an Expert