Tipping etiquette around the world
A little something for your consideration.
Australians are lucky that tipping isn't expected, except for truly exceptional service. Elsewhere, it's an etiquette minefield. For your convenience, language learning app Babbel has done some research on tipping etiquette in nine top destinations around the world, plus Australia.
Whether you're in a restaurant, a taxi or a bar in any of these countries you'll know what to do.
Tipping in any other country
Do your homework before going, including reading up on tipping etiquette. If it's too late for that then you're on your own. Just throw some cash in the air and run while screaming "thanks" in the local language.
- Cheap travel deals of the week: AirAsia, Qatar Airways, Hotels.com, Princess Cruises
- The shades in the Jeffree Star Mini Liquid Lipstick NUDE Vol. 2 Set
- Money Hack: How to get 10% off at Woolworths once a month
- Pokémon: Let’s Go Review: Never gonna give Mew up
- Hash Wars: Bitcoin Cash ABC takes early lead, but its not over yet
Follow us for all the latest deals and coupon codes