Tigerair suspends Brisbane-Perth and Brisbane-Whitsunday Coast services
What you need to know if you're flying these routes from 1 March 2018.
Tigerair Australia has announced that it will suspend services between Brisbane and Perth and Brisbane and Whitsunday Coast from 1 March 2018.
Customers booked to travel on these affected Tigerair services will be notified by the airline in the coming weeks.
Wherever possible, customers are being provided with same day flights as close as possible to their originally scheduled departure time with Virgin Australia.
Tigerair has said it regularly reviews its flight network and schedule based on a number of factors including operational requirements, demand and market dynamics and will continue to review these routes moving forward to assess their viability.
If you are affected and booked directly with Tigerair you can expect contact via email with new travel arrangements based on when your flight is scheduled to depart:
- Customers travelling between 1 March and 31 May should be contacted over the coming days with your options.
- Customers travelling between 1 June and March 2019 will be contacted over the coming weeks.
Tigerair has requested that you wait for your updated details before contacting the customer contact centre or its online support portal.
Note: If you have booked through a travel agent you will need to contact them directly for any amendments or requests you wish to make.
Tigerair says this is not considered a permanent change and emphasises that these routes are only suspended at this time.
- Cheap Travel Deals of the Week: AirAsia, Accor, DiDi, Skydive Australia
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Hong Kong, Europe and anywhere with AirAsia
- Best places to cruise in November
- Cheap Travel Deals of the Week: Jetstar, P&O Cruises, Hamilton Island
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Europe, South Pacific and Canada