Missed out on seats for that sold-out concert? Trying to find tickets for the big game? Discover some of the cheapest ticket resale deals for this week's top 5 events in Australia here
15 March 2016: There’s almost nothing more soul crushing than missing out on tickets to a sold out concert, game or event. The only thing worse is scouring the internet and seeing the markup on resale tickets. Not all hope is lost though. Each week, check this page for a roundup of the top 5 events touring Australia and we’ll help you find the cheapest way to get there.
23 years since her last visit down under, the Queen of Pop has returned to Australia for her Rebel Heart tour. With the Melbourne shows done and dusted, Sydney and Brisbane (or fans who missed out in Melbourne) still have a chance to snag tickets. While tickets aren’t sold out for both shows, you can find some cheaper options on resale sites.
Currently, the available Ticketek tickets sit between $305.75 and $509.65 for both Sydney shows. The Brisbane shows on the other hand have a few cheaper options starting at $101.85 and peaking at $509.65. If you’ve missed out on your preferred seats or are on the lookout for a better deal, check out some of viagogo’s offers below. As there are still four shows left, we’ve broken it up by date to help you see the scope of tickets available.
- Wed 16 March 2016 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre. Savvy spenders can grab Bronze tickets for $99 or Madonna mavens can grab Platinum tickets for up to $940.16 for the first Brisbane show.
- Thu 17 March 2016 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre. You can grab seats in section 23 (in other words, up the back) from $119 or watch from some of the best seats in the house for $1,099.99.
- Sat 19 March 2016 - Allphones Arena. Unfortunately, ticket resales in Sydney are usually a bit more expensive and scarce, so the cheapest you can get is $288.89 for tickets in section G. If you want to see the Material Girl up close and personal, you could fork out $1,799 for seats in section A.
- Sun 20 March 2016 - Allphones Arena. For your last chance to see Madonna in Australia for a while, you can pick up tickets in section 78 for $248.00 all the way up to Platinum seats for $1,999.00.
2. Kendrick Lamar
Dubbed as one of the most important hip hop artists of this generation, Kendrick Lamar is returning to Oz for Byron Bay Bluesfest this March. The Grammy winner will also be making stops at Rod Laver Arena in Victoria and Sydney’s Allphones Arena along the way. Both shows are completely sold out except for Silver side view tickets for $112.04 in Melbourne and Bronze side and rear view tickets for $101.85 in Sydney. If you don’t want to resort to binoculars to get a good view of Kendrick, ticket resale sites like viagogo might be your best bet. Melbourne fans can pick up tickets from A$119.99 for Silver seating (limited or restricted view) to $499.00 for section 7 row H tickets. Sydney punters can grab Bronze tickets (limited or restricted view) for $115.00 up to $458.00 for Gold tickets. Browse these prices and everything in between on viagogo.
3. Australia vs New Zealand - Rugby Championship 2016
The Rugby Championship is coming around again and the Australia vs New Zealand game at Sydney's ANZ Stadium on 20 August is one of the most sought-out games for 2016. All of the inner sanctum tickets are currently sold out, so your Ticketek options begin at The Paddock tickets for $916.53 and Captains Dining packages for $1,315.16. Whether or not you’re willing to fork out a grand for rugby tickets, check out viagogo for a bigger a variety of deals starting at upper tier tickets for $94.00 and private suite tickets at $3,600 for the big spenders.
4. Iron Maiden
Rock royalty Iron Maiden will be flying their massive Boeing 747-400 jumbo jet Ed Force One down under for their Book of Souls world tour this May.
On their first Australian tour in almost five years, the sixtet will be rocking five arena shows:
- Wed 4 May 2016 - Brisbane Entertainment Centre, QLD
- Fri 6 May 2016 - Allphones Arena, NSW
- Mon 9 May 2016 - Rod Laver Arena, VIC
- Thu 12 May 2016 - Adelaide Entertainment Centre, SA
- Sat 14 May 2016 - Perth Arena, WA
Across the board, tickets via Ticketek start at $101.85 for category 2 reserved or $152.82 for general admission or category 1 reserved. However, Sydney, Perth and Adelaide have already sold out in some categories, so you may need to check viagogo to get the tickets you want. Viagogo tickets are currently starting off at $161.84 for category 2 resales up to general floor tickets at a whopping $947.00 for die hard Maiden fans. Check out viagogo to compare prices across the cities and pick up the most competitive deal.
5. AFL Premiership - Collingwood vs Essendon
AFL fans won’t have to look any further for Anzac Day plans this year. During round 5 of the AFL Premiership, we’ll see the Collingwood Magpies face the Essendon Bombers at Melbourne Cricket Ground on 25 April 2016.
Ticket options are running low on Ticketek though, so you’ll have a greater pick of choice if you browse resale sites like viagogo. Currently, tickets are kicking off at $55.00 for level 4 seats and soaring all the way up to Level 1 Wing seats for $555.54.