Tick off New Zealand’s south island for just $189 on Air New Zealand
Peak summer season and early snow season dates included.
It's time to hop across that ditch and make 2020 travel plans because Air New Zealand has unleashed a sale on flights to New Zealand's south island that's pretty hard to ignore.
Fares to the cultural hub of Christchurch start from $189 but if you've got your heart set on Queenstown, tickets to the adventure capital of the world start from just $219 each way.
Whichever one you choose, you're definitely in for a treat. Especially since eligible travel dates are for peak summer dates from 4 November - 12 December 2019.
If you'd prefer to travel during quieter periods, flights are also available from mid-January to late June, excluding the Easter school holiday break.
Here's the breakdown of routes and starting fares:
- Sydney to Christchurch: $189 each way
- Sydney to Queenstown: $219 each way
- Melbourne to Christchurch: $189 each way
- Melbourne to Queenstown: $219 each way
- Brisbane to Christchurch: $199 each way
- Brisbane to Queenstown: $219 each way
- Gold Coast to Christchurch: $199 each way
- Perth to Christchurch: $369 each way
- Perth to Queenstown (via Auckland): $449 each way
- Adelaide to Christchurch (via Auckland): $269 each way
Flights are on-sale until 13 October unless sold out prior. These are also seat-only fares, so if you wish to bring luggage you'll have to pay an extra $20 each way.
These are the official prices on the Air New Zealand site, but if you want to shave a couple of extra bucks off your bill we've found them for cheaper on Flight Centre. For example, that Sydney to Christchurch flight for $189 one-way (or $378 return) is just $362 return on Flight Centre.
How good are these Air New Zealand fares?
- Price: Great. Whenever flights to New Zealand on its national carrier drop below $200 each way, you know you've got a bargain. At $189 each way during the peak summer months, this is definitely a winner.
- Airline: Great. Air New Zealand is ranked the #2 airline in the South/Pacific region. You can really only do one better.
- Travel time: Great. Most flights are direct, outside of select Perth and Adelaide routes.
- Weather: Great. Think peak summer dates, warm spring dates and a select number of early snow season dates for Queenstown.
See how much you could save by booking your NZ flight through Flight Centre:
|Melbourne||Christchurch||14 Jan 2020 - 07 Apr 2020 / 27 Apr 2020 - 30 Jun 2020||$358|
|Sydney||Christchurch||14 Jan 2020 - 07 Apr 2020 / 27 Apr 2020 - 30 Jun 2020||$362|
|Brisbane||Christchurch||14 Jan 2020 - 07 Apr 2020 / 27 Apr 2020 - 30 Jun 2020||$381|
|Gold Coast||Christchurch||14 Jan 2020 - 07 Apr 2020 / 27 Apr 2020 - 30 Jun 2020||$383|
|Melbourne||Queenstown||14 Jan 2020 - 07 Apr 2020 / 27 Apr 2020 - 30 Jun 2020||$419|
|Brisbane||Queenstown||14 Jan 2020 - 07 Apr 2020 / 27 Apr 2020 - 30 Jun 2020||$421|
|Sydney||Queenstown||14 Jan 2020 - 07 Apr 2020 / 27 Apr 2020 - 30 Jun 2020||$423|
|Adelaide||Christchurch||14 Jan 2020 - 07 Apr 2020 / 27 Apr 2020 - 30 Jun 2020||$507|
|Perth||Christchurch||14 Jan 2020 - 29 Mar 2020||$726|
- 5 cheapest places to visit when Australia’s international borders reopen
- Qantas sets date for international flights to US, UK, Fiji and more
- Virgin Australia VA-X and Win competition: All the details
- How I used Qantas Points to see Antarctica (as nowhere else is open)
- NSW Dine and Discover vouchers extended: Best ways to use yours now