Tuck yourself into these cosy Thredbo accommodation options.
Thredbo Village isn’t large, and wherever you stay (as long as it’s in town) you’ll be able to get around, check out the nightlife, walk to a ski lift or catch a shuttle to a nearby one, and have a stellar view of the valley from your hotel room.
But don’t forget, some places are more spectacular, cosier and have better bargains than others. We’ve found the ones that tick all these boxes to ensure yours is one memorable snow trip.
Our top picks on where to stay in Thredbo this season
Address: 6 Buckwong Place, Thredbo
TripAdvisor's #1 accommodation in Thredbo and the recipient of a Certificate of Excellence, Alpenhorn Lodge is a great spot to call home while in Thredbo. Nearby you can find a golf course, spa services, restaurants and more.
- Free winter shuttle bus stop just 40 metres away
- 200 metres from the Kosciuszko Chair
Address: 32 Diggings Terrace, Thredbo
Homey and old-fashioned is what you'll get by booking the Candlelight Lodge. Whether you've booked it for your entire stay or you just want to grab dinner there one night, it's one place that you must see when in town. It only has 15 rooms and they fill up fast. Most rooms have balconies and they all have unsurpassed views of Thredbo.
- Free village shuttle stops outside during winter
- Sauna for post-snow warm ups
- Includes cooked breakfast in winter, continental breakfast in summer
- Family rooms include an Xbox, DVD player and table tennis and foosball tables
Address: Friday Drive, Thredbo
Known for its friendly and helpful staff, the Rydges Thredbo Alpine Hotel welcomes you with open arms and a gorgeous circular pool. But you're after the slopes, aren't you? The chairlift is a short walk away, so grab your gear and get on it.
- Free Wi-Fi in the lobby and free parking
- 10-minute stroll to the Kosciusko Express Quad Chair and the Thredbo Leisure Centre
Address: Lot 21 Diggings Terrace, Thredbo
Whether you're visiting Thredbo during the on- or off-season, The Denman Hotel is a great place to stay. It has a restaurant, bar and lounge, offers complimentary Wi-Fi and breakfast, and is only a two-minute walk from the town square. Oh, and the chairlifts are a mere walk away, too.
- Free breakfast and free Wi-Fi in the lobby, library and other common areas
- On-site day spa for post-slope treatments
Address: 11 Alpine Way, Thredbo
The name of this place pretty much says it all: it's a winter house. If the slopes aren't complying, you can stay indoors and watch DVDs or play games in the game/arcade room. However, if the weather is heavenly, the Kosciuszko Chair (the main ski lift) is not far away.
- Free shuttle to the slopes, parking nearby and free in-room Wi-Fi
- Rates include breakfast
- Guest lounge with fireplace and views of the mountain
Thredbo ski-in, ski-out accommodation
Address: Chalet 9, End of Crackenback Drive, Crackenback
Experience 5-star luxury coupled with a 5-star location when you book your own private chalet on the slopes of Thredbo. The Ski In Ski Out Chalets are Thredbo's only ski-in, ski-out chalets. There are 15 in total, ranging from a self-contained 1-bed and loft chalet, to a 4-bed penthouse.
- Apartments and chalets both available
- Shuttle buses at your door during winter
Thredbo accomodation map:
Locate these hotels and all other accommodation options within a stone's throw of Thredbo's ski slopes.