This incredible Fiji Airways sale has flights to Los Angeles from $729 return
Drop everything! No, really. DROP EVERYTHING.
Let's cut to the chase: Fiji Airways has flights to Los Angeles on sale from $729 return.
Yup, that's unbelievably cheap.
They take off from Melbourne on select dates in September 2019 and February 2020. A trip date if you want to find those cheap seats is from 1-25 February 2020.
Melbourneans aren't the only ones benefiting from this sale. Flights are also available from Sydney starting at $748 return and from Brisbane starting at $752 return.
Again, flights depart on select dates in September and February, though there are some late-August flights in the mix too.
There's a big gap between these Fiji Airways flights and the next price down which, for Melbourne to Los Angeles, is on Air New Zealand at $958 return and with such limited dates at such great prices, we doubt these tickets will stick around for long.
Grab them while they're hot through Skyscanner here.
How good are these Fiji Airways Los Angeles fares?
- Price: Great. These are near the cheapest fares we've seen to Los Angeles all year – only bettered by these $683 return flights on Virgin and Delta. However, they were on flights out of Sydney only and were a rare unicorn of a fare, with most Australians paying $1,189 return on a Melbourne to Los Angeles trip.
- Airline: Great. Fiji Airways is a full-service, 4-star airline. It was also recently named the 4th best airline in the Australia/Pacific region.
- Travel time: Good. There are no direct flights to the USA on Fiji Airways and all fares include a stopover in Fiji. This is kept quite short, lasting around three hours based on the cheapest Melbourne to Los Angeles flight and is a good excuse to stretch your legs.
- Weather: Good. Catch those August and September flights and you'll be travelling through shoulder season which is ideal weather-wise. If you catch those February flights, you'll be flying during the low winter season, which is still nice in Los Angeles but not hot enough to hit the beaches.
- Review: What to expect from the Madame Tussauds Sydney TikTok challenge
- $4 million in travel vouchers for South Australians: Are you eligible?
- 10 most popular travel destinations for Australians in 2021
- South Australia reopens border with NSW: What to know before you go
- Queensland reopens its borders to select NSW areas: Here’s what you need to know