The fun things in the real west of Australia that the whole family can get stuck into.
Bathed in 3,000 hours of sunshine each year and boasting a unique landscape of beachfronts, cityscapes and desert, Perth is the ultimate holiday destination for active families.
Within the borders of Perth CBD are historical and cultural landmarks such as Perth Mint, Kings Park War Memorial, St Mary’s Cathedral, Scitech and Art Gallery of Western Australia. Break free from those borders and an adventurous world of dolphin swimming, sand dune riding and bush hiking opens up to you.
Eager to explore? These active tours and their expert guides can lead you to all the best sites and viewpoints. That way you can spend more time with the family and less time with the fiddly planning stuff.
Top 10 tours and experiences in Perth
Top things to do in Perth for families
Perth Scenic Flight from finder.com.au
- Take in the view of Perth from above, checking out the Swan River, numerous beaches and Fremantle
- 30-minute scenic flight
- Price is per person
Perth and Kings Park Hop on Hop off 24 hours from finder.com.au
- Enjoy full commentary of the best sites in Perth and Kings Park on this double-decker bus.
- The tour stops by Kings Park, Northbridge, Crown Perth, Bell Tower, city shopping malls, The Mint, The Museum and Art Gallery and discount shopping at Watertown.
- Discounts are available for children, students and families.
12.00 (child)View details
Perth Hills Wildflower Tour from finder.com.au
Explore Tours PerthHighlights:
- This tour includes pick up from your accommodation in Perth or Fremantle.
- Be led by a wildflower expert to the best spots in Perth Hills to see wildflowers and orchids in bloom.
- Lunch at a cider house in Perth Hills is included.
99.00 (child)View details
Swim with Wild Dolphins from finder.com.au
Rockingham Wild EncountersHighlights:
- Enjoy a 3-6 hour snorkel and swim cruise on a luxury, custom-built boat.
- Previous snorkelling experience is not necessary and wetsuit, mask, snorkel and snorkelling lessons will be provided.
- This tour is not recommended for children under six unless they have ocean swimming experience.
215.00 per riderView details
Perth Arcades and Laneways from finder.com.au
Two Feet and a HeartbeatHighlights:
- Get an up-close and intimate Perth experience with this two-hour walking tour through the city’s laneways and arcades.
- This tour starts from Perth Town Hall and concludes in the central city area.
- Child and senior discounts available. Infants, such as toddlers, can tour for free.
30.00 (child)View details
Ferry from Elizabeth Quay from finder.com.au
Little Ferry CompanyHighlights:
- Taking the ferry from Elizabeth Quay is integral to your visit to Perth. It is a 40-minute ride from Elizabeth Quay to Claisebrook in East Perth.
- Ferry departs five times daily from Elizabeth Quay at 9:00am, 10:30am, 12:30pm, 2:00pm and 3:30pm. Return ferries are also available here.
- Discounts are available for children and families of four. Infants such as toddlers ride free.
7.50 (child)View details
Perth Exploration by Night from finder.com.au
Oh Hey WAHighlights:
- Explore Perth by night in this two-hour walking tour of the city CBD.
- Available select evenings at 6pm.
- This tour focuses mainly on art, culture, nightlife, new developments and the revitalisation of heritage precincts.
20.00 (child)View details
Bello Tower Experience from finder.com.au
The Bell TowerHighlights:
- Unique to Perth City, the Bell Tower experience provides you with access to five public areas and includes a bell chiming demonstration.
- Capture panoramic views of the city, including Swan River, Kings Park, Elizabeth Quay, Perth city and Darling Range from the observation deck on level six.
- Discounts available for children 5-15 years old. Entrance is free for children under 5 years old.
9.00 (child)View details
Busselton Jetty Underwater Observatory Tasting Tour from finder.com.au
- Sample wine, cheese, chocolates and olive oils in the famous Margaret River region.
- This tour includes a train ride along Busselton Jetty. At 1.8km, it’s the longest wooden jetty in the Southern Hemisphere.
- At the Underwater Observatory, you’ll descend eight metres underneath Busselton Jetty to the ocean floor to gaze upon 300 marine species.
130.00 (child)View details
Top 5 things to do for free in Perth
Beaches, gardens and promenade walks – Perth has it all! Looking for a cheap day out? Here are our suggestions:
- Go snorkelling at Shoalwater Islands Marine Park. Home to little penguins, bottlenose dolphins and sea lions, it’s around an hour from Perth and is free to enter.
- Sandboard the sand dunes of Lancelin. These 45 degree angled dunes are the largest in Western Australia and feature arresting views of the town and the Indian Ocean from their summit.
- Sample fresh market produce at the Fremantle Markets.
- Get cultured at Perth Cultural Centre at the Western Australia Museum or Art Gallery of Western Australia.
- Have a picnic at Kings Park. At 400 hectares, it’s one of the largest inner city parks in the world and sports amazing views of Perth city centre and Swan River. Free guided walks run daily, except on Christmas Day.
Top Perth travel deals
Australia hotels from $99
Valid for stays between 5 March - 8 March 2017 only. Sample stays include Mantra in the Village (Tropical North Queensland) from $99 per night, BreakFree Bell City (Melbourne) from $102 per night and more.