See Brisbane by land, sea or air with these all-encompassing tours and activities.
More than just a CBD, Brisbane abounds with natural wildlife encounters, architectural wonders and cultural exhibitions that even toddlers and babies can enjoy.
Break out of the city boundaries and Queensland's most exquisite landscapes open up to you, including the lush Springbrook and Tamborine Rainforests of the hinterland region and the tranquil coastal environment of Stradbroke Island.
If you’re looking to familiarise yourself with Brisbane and surrounds, these tours can help you get your bearings and point you in the right direction for your next family activity.
Top things to do in Brisbane
Top things to do in Brisbane for families
Koala and River Cruise (includes entry into Lone Pine Koala from finder.com.au
- Brisbane’s only river cruise to Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary
- Cruise is one-way only
- Cruise includes commentary on Brisbane's past
$63 (adult)View details
City Essentials Walking Tour from finder.com.au
- Three-hour walking tour that covers the main city sights.
- See King George Square, the Story Bridge, the City Botanic Gardens, Eagle Street Pier and the City Hall Clocktower.
- Tours are available once daily on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.
Sightseeing Cruise from finder.com.au
Kookaburra Showboat CruisesHighlights:
- Two-hour cruise along Brisbane River.
- See the City Botanical Gardens, Kangaroo Point Cliffs, Maritime Museum and Story Bridge from the water.
- Toddlers under 4 years travel free. Discounts are available for children 4-12 years old.
Segway Joyride Experience from finder.com.au
Kangaroo Segway ToursHighlights:
- Ninety-minute segway tour through Brisbane CBD.
- Sights on this tour include the City Botanical Gardens, Queensland University of Technology, Goodwill Bridge, Story Bridge, Southbank Parklands, Wheel of Brisbane, Gallery of Modern Art and Grey Street Bridge.
- Children 12 and over may participate but must meet the 45kg minimum weight requirement to ride a segway.
Abseiling at Kangaroo Point from Viator
- 90-minute abseiling experience at Brisbane's Kangaroo Point overlooking the river
- Decent down 20 metres of cliff right in the city
- Price is per person
$45 per personView details
Top 5 things to do for free in Brisbane
If you believe that the best things in life are free then here are some of the best things you can do in Brisbane for nix.
- Wander through the Southbank precinct. It’s home to markets and buskers and is a stone’s throw from parklands.
- Spend an afternoon on Sunshine Beach.
- Jet from Sydney Street in New Farm up to North Quay on the free CityHopper ferry.
- Get cultured at Queensland Art Gallery and Gallery of Modern Art (QAGOMA), Queensland Museum and Queensland Performing Arts Centre. All feature free exhibitions.
- Catch a sunset over Kangaroo Point.