These direct flights can take you to Mauritius from $991 return
It's time to tick this one off your bucket list.
Bali, Phuket and Maldives you can get to for cheap but it's a rare moment in time when you're faced with flights all the way to Mauritius for under $1,000 return.
Taking off from Perth, you can now get to the island nation from $991 return on Air Mauritius. Flights are direct and for journeys in early November which is the start of summer and an optimal time to visit as the weather doesn't tend to peak higher than 28°C.
Outside of these fares you can expect to pay upwards of $1,500 return on airlines such as KLM and Singapore Airlines, so you're looking at a bargain worth bragging about.
Now, I know what you're thinking. What about flights from other Aussie cities?
Unfortunately, Perth is the only city that offers direct trips to Mauritius. However, flights from Sydney are still priced quite well, starting from $1,175 return in late August on a combination of Air Mauritius and Virgin Australia flights. These cash in on these cheap Perth flights, offering you flights from Sydney to Perth return on Virgin Australia before connecting onto the Perth to Mauritius leg. All up, you're looking at a 16 hour flight though you can drop that down to 13.5 hours if you're willing to shell out an extra $57.
Book: Flights from Melbourne start from $1,279 return. For a full suite of flight prices as well as to book, visit Skyscanner here.
Seats are on sale until sold out.
How good are these fares?
- Price: Great. At under $1,000 return, these are the cheapest fares to Mauritius we've seen to date.
- Travel time: Great. Flights from Perth are direct making them the fastest flights you can catch to the island nation.
- Airline: Full-service. Air Mauritius is a full-service, 4-star airline with checked luggage and in-flight meals and entertainment all included in your fare.
- Weather: Great. May-December is the best time to visit Mauritius for cooler weather and to avoid the rainy season.
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Scandinavia, Vanuatu and Australia
- Most popular destinations for Australians, revealed
- Cheap Travel Deals of the Week: Jetstar, Air Canada, Groupon, Cudo
- Cheap Flights of the Week: Scoot, Air New Zealand and Jetstar
- Travel Deals of the Week: AirAsia, TFE Hotels, Adrenaline and Uber